Restaurants, markets among 8 Bangkok venues tipped to reopen from Friday

webfact

Restaurants, markets among 8 Bangkok venues tipped to reopen from Friday

By The Nation

800_a879edd714be90d.jpg?v=1588059081

Aswin Kwanmuang

Restaurants, markets, sports centres, public parks, salons, pet clinics, medical services and golf courses in Bangkok might have a chance to reopen after the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration decided to ease its lockdown measures from May 1.

Bangkok Governor Aswin Kwanmuang said today (April 28) after a meeting that these eight types of venues will be able to reopen but they need to strictly follow several Public Health Ministry measures, one of which is the all-important social distancing.

Restaurants have been ordered to separate seats by least 1.5 metres, sports centres are prohibited from holding team events, salons must be sanitised every two hours and pet clinics can accept only one client at a time.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30386917

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-04-28

19 minutes ago, kotsak said:

Can't believe this flip-flop masters till the day arrives ????

Yes the text doesn't seem to make sense. 

"might have a chance to reopen"  perhaps a bad translation?

The other parts of the article are more definitive:

decided to ease its lockdown measures from May 1

venues will be able to reopen

Restaurants have been ordered.

lets hope so.

4 minutes ago, jojothai said:

Yes the text doesn't seem to make sense. 

"might have a chance to reopen"  perhaps a bad translation?

The other parts of the article are more definitive:

decided to ease its lockdown measures from May 1

venues will be able to reopen

Restaurants have been ordered.

lets hope so.

Can  open if they adhere to the guidelines, is what I read it to say.

5 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Can  open if they adhere to the guidelines, is what I read it to say.

Yes that's how i read it.

"might have a chance to reopen" is the problem. I trust that it is purely a bad translation.

Edited by jojothai
words changed

No restaurant has tables large enough to separate members of a family or group by 1.5 meter each... so one table per customer? 

And what about swimming pools? 

And domestic travel? 

It is very nice to reopen airports and air traffic, but not very useful if inter province travel is forbidden... 

• Like 1

What a joke like where it says a pet clinic can accept only one client at a time.  I live in Bangkok and two times this week I took one of my pets to our vet here in Bangkok.  The vet's clinic was open as normal, around 4 clients with their pets in the waiting area.  Only difference in operation I saw was all the vet employees were wearing masks.  

Edited by Pib

3 minutes ago, Pib said:

What a joke like where it says a pet clinic can accept only one client at a time.  I live in Bangkok and two times this week I took one of my pets to our vet here in Bangkok.  The vet's clinic was open as normal, around 4 clients with there pets in the waiting area.  Only difference in operation I saw was all the vet employees were wearing masks.  

all pets should also be wearing masks and I'm not kidding 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, graemeaylward said:

The recommended safe social distancing measure is a minimum of 2 metres!  This is the distance droplets are spread by coughs and sneezes!  Why is it that Thailand has to have their own "safe" measurements, which aren't safe at all! It's the same with measurement of air pollution PM2.5 particles! Thailand's "safe" level is unsafe everywhere else in the world!

well go tell Auntin or WHO or someone if it'll make you feel better

I dont understand the logic about allowing restaurants to open and continuing to ban booze. The booze ban was only put in place to stop people from getting together - so now if you're allowing people to get together in restaurants etc allow them to have a beer.

Anyway - I think we're flirting with disaster. It won't be long till Wave 2 comes around. Pretty sure of it. Hope I'm wrong.

35 minutes ago, eeworldwide said:

Anyway - I think we're flirting with disaster. It won't be long till Wave 2 comes around. Pretty sure of it. Hope I'm wrong.

Even stranger is that Bangkok, which is by far the most infected province (about half of the total cases, not counting the undiscovered ones) is the first to reopen.

This decision almost guarantee a second wave.

All the red provinces should have remained under lockdown until their situation improved...otherwise what is the point of color coding the provinces?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1