Govt not getting financial aid from corporations, Prayut says

snoop1130

Govt not getting financial aid from corporations, Prayut says

By The Nation

800_4f642d47a4db85e.jpg

After being criticised for seeking the help of Thailand’s 20 richest tycoons, Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha has clarified that the government has received no special financial aid from the private sector during the pandemic crisis.

The premier said on Tuesday (April 28) that the 20 corporate giants have only helped by taking care of their own employees, keeping as many of them as possible in jobs.

He added that private companies have also offered economy-related advice to the government, particularly on water management during the drought season.

Companies have also promised to collaborate with the government to ease hardship in the country, Prayut said.

Now was not a good moment to discuss political matters, as there were more serious issues to deal with, he added.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30386928

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-04-28

26 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

Now was not a good moment to discuss political matters, as there were more serious issues to deal with, he added.

Yes, now is not a good time (for him) to discuss the regime's ineptitude. Now is the time to be laying blame on conglomerates who are in no way financially obliged to be helping anyone. Makes perfect sense. Naughty billionaires. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Why not ask the Shinawatras to come back, surely they would have a better plan than you ?

My neighbour's dog has a better plan than this lot of stooges.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The premier said on Tuesday (April 28) that the 20 corporate giants have only helped by taking care of their own employees, keeping as many of them as possible in jobs

That is helping you buffoon... or you'd be paying thousands in unemployment benefit.

But on top of that you want private enterprises to give you [the government] financial assistance?

Where's all the tax money gone Mr PM?

15 hours ago, Sujo said:

Shouldnt it be the other way around? Govt helping businesses.

Open up your books dear general, let the investigative journalists look at your personal accounts.

But, but, but, I am sure there was money in those accounts, I was positive it was not in my own pockets (As stuffed pockets full of cash start to burst open), Now these are not my pants, I borrowed them, yes they are not mine, so how did that cash get in the pockets?, must be the pants of a multi billionaire i was talking too....

15 hours ago, Sujo said:

Shouldnt it be the other way around? Govt helping businesses.

Not really, unless those 'businesses' are essential or for the public good, then they would be regulated, owned (or part-owned) or funded/subsidised by the State anyway.

This is a big test for all businesses. Almost like a nuclear holocaust. Adapt to survive or die.

The interesting thing will be what contingency measures companies will put in place to manage a similar situation in the future. 

3 minutes ago, Yadon Toploy said:

The interesting thing will be what contingency measures companies will put in place to manage a similar situation in the future. 

This is Thailand, so the answer is NONE.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Phuketshrew said:

Governments worldwide are propping up businesses and the markets by injecting billions of dollars but the government in Thailand (allegedly with one of the worlds strongest economies) is expecting businesses to bail them out? Something doesn't add up.

we are in thailand .thailand same same but different ... you know ? THE THAI WAY

16 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Yeah, can't feel the booze companies, airlines, hotels and restaurants are that keen to contribute at the moment.

Exactly as if any business other that those hauling water to deal with the water shortage have seen their business boom during this lock down.  Consider only 52 people have died of the virus.  Normal daily death from traffic accidents is 55 and that is each and every day. 

Why would anybody in his right mind help this Government ?

The GOVERNMENT shut down the economy !!! NOT a Virus !!!

what they did is simply a CRIME and nobody should help CRIMINALS !!!

So, what is he complaining about ? That he got most of the country broke ?

... and we didn't see much of the economic crisis yet ! Wait until the banks get into trouble

with people defaulting on their depths !!!

And all measures taken by the Government where unnecessary !!! ALL of them !!!

Attached a study from the [criminal] WHO on measures in a pandemic.

It is from 2019 !!! It states on Page 21-25 that there is little to no evidence that any of the measures

actually help ... so why were theses measures taken ??? [and why world wide ?]

WHO Study 2019-eng.pdf

18 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Yes, now is not a good time (for him) to discuss the regime's ineptitude. Now is the time to be laying blame on conglomerates who are in no way financially obliged to be helping anyone. Makes perfect sense. Naughty billionaires. 

And those billionaires and corporates are helping by donating directly to the people and bypassing government, just incase some gets 'mislaid' on the way.