Idea for PM about farangs in Thailand - an Alien Id card for all ?

There already is an ID card. Same as Thai ID card but pink in color and starts with a 6.

Does not however relieve you of 90 day reports etc

But very useful to have. Especially in dealing with any sort of officialdom.

I recently had to go to the district office to request a special delivery of water to fill my talks as pressure had dropped so low. They were initially wary of this request from a foreigner but as soon as I pulled out my pink card all problems vanished. No need to show Tabian ban, just the card was fine.

Similar when mailing parcels at post office (passport would work but they really prefer the ID card), registering my Cambodian worker's daughter in school (passport would have been useless - needed proof of residence in the school catchment area)  etc etc.

Also enabled me to register for the PEA app online.

The language on the back about validity in just your province has been discussed in many threads, it is vaguely written and I have variously seen it interpreted as:

- applicable only to migrants without visas or steteless people

- simply means that if you change provibce of residence it is no longer valid and have to get a new one

etc etc

I have never had a problem showing it outside of my province

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, kenk24 said:

There are known costs for visas - There is a known price for an agent... 

Where do you see a scam? [ being cheated ] I choose to pay an agent to fill out all paperwork and make the process easy for me which includes paying the costs for a visa... Even when I used to do it on my own, Imm Officers were always very polite and helpful. 

You are making some pretty heavy accusations.  

Where did I accuse anyone of a scam? Quite the opposite in fact, if you look again you will see the word scam in commas.

I agree with what you are doing, I have said on this forum so many times, use the agents, there is no scam at all.

3 hours ago, bradiston said:

Luxury! I DREAM of pink card. Ampur want full validated translation of passport pages, proof of address, 2 accompanying government employees to vouch for your good character, 2 photos, all in duplicate, one for Kamnan, one for Ampur. And an updated tabian baan as it doesn't show my daughter as house owner. For that I need power of attorney from her back in UK. It's gold dust where I "live". Proof of address? I might as well be on the street. 4.5 million for house and land. All meaningless to immigration.

Yes, it's meaningless to them. Why should immigration care if you bought a house for 4.5 million baht when you aren't allowed to own that land anyway? There are categories under which you can apply for PR. There are categories (if you're married to a Thai) to apply for Thai citizenship. It'll cost you a lot less than 4.5 million to apply, if you meet the criteria.

Biggest 2 problems are: Many didn't think about this when they were younger and worked, hence the requirements are unreachable to them. And the second, that many believe urban myths that this is so hard to get they should not even try. First group I sympathise with. The second I don't.

Edited by tomazbodner
added last paragraph
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 473geo said:

Why would I work for a company that would allow the customer to streamline a control process producing an unsatisfactory conclusion for the company as a whole?

I believe we were discussing the added benefit for the economy of having foreigners staying here long-term, in general and specifically compared to tourists, but now you come with a completely new argument, that immigration has no incentive to streamline their own processes as they rather have more employees.

That is a valid argument, but the OP didn't address his idea to immigration but to the PM. The PM should look after the country as a whole, and i think we can both agree that lowering costs of government staff is beneficial for the country as a whole. 

21 minutes ago, Bob12345 said:

I believe we were discussing the added benefit for the economy of having foreigners staying here long-term, in general and specifically compared to tourists, but now you come with a completely new argument, that immigration has no incentive to streamline their own processes as they rather have more employees.

That is a valid argument, but the OP didn't address his idea to immigration but to the PM. The PM should look after the country as a whole, and i think we can both agree that lowering costs of government staff is beneficial for the country as a whole. 

Disagree -  any revised process should not encourage an influx of foreigners because the process is cheap and easy.  The 'fullness' of any immigration process is to initially make a natural selection of only receiving applications from those who are prepared to put in some effort or pay for the reward of being allowed to stay in the country.

Edited by 473geo

1 hour ago, possum1931 said:

It is the IOs who are making the most money out of these "scams", the agents only get a cut.

Well, the way this reads to me is precisely as you stated... quotation marks or not... 

But glad to hear you did not intend to make any accusations. My agent is a nice guy w/a family. Great service which I appreciate. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, 473geo said:

Disagree -  any revised process should not encourage an influx of foreigners because the process is cheap and easy.  The 'fullness' of any immigration process is to initially make a natural selection of only receiving applications from those who are prepared to put in some effort or pay for the reward of being allowed to stay in the country.

There are smarter ways to have a natural selection, without hindering the people you want to have here.

For example give the alien ID card only to people who have been here 5 years, or 10 years, or 50 years. 

Or put up a requirement that they need to be married for xx years, have xxxxxxx in the bank for so many years, etc.

Creating inefficiencies in a process to act as a "natural selection" is in my view the worst way to handle this. 

And its the Thai tax payer who pays the bill for this, cause all immigration officers are paid by the government.

You are by the way talking about the fullness of the immigration process to make a natural selection, but the OP is talking about an alien ID to streamline paperwork with the government (90-day reporting, visa application, drivers license renewel, etc). An alien ID is just that, a means of identification. Its not a visa, a right to enter the country, a claim on future benefits, etc. When you do need a visa, you just give your alien ID instead of 8 copies of your passport, the other requirements still stand. When you need to renew your drivers license, you dont need a certificate of residence, just your alien ID. 

23 hours ago, evadgib said:

Why not grant PR to all long term residents after 3 trouble-free years in the Kingdom on Married, Retd or work extns & include a 'no drink driving' clause to ensure compliance by those that routinely do it here (we all know them) but wouldn't usually dare at home?

Just my 2p ????

Great idea, but I bet they will be back to stupid 90 day reports and TM30 again once the pandemic is over. Is it too much to hope that the virus killed off the 90 day reports and TM30 forever? Will common sense prevail?

6 minutes ago, Bob12345 said:

There are smarter ways to have a natural selection, without hindering the people you want to have here.

For example give the alien ID card only to people who have been here 5 years, or 10 years, or 50 years. 

Or put up a requirement that they need to be married for xx years, have xxxxxxx in the bank for so many years, etc.

Creating inefficiencies in a process to act as a "natural selection" is in my view the worst way to handle this. 

And its the Thai tax payer who pays the bill for this, cause all immigration officers are paid by the government.

You are by the way talking about the fullness of the immigration process to make a natural selection, but the OP is talking about an alien ID to streamline paperwork with the government (90-day reporting, visa application, drivers license renewel, etc). An alien ID is just that, a means of identification. Its not a visa, a right to enter the country, a claim on future benefits, etc. When you do need a visa, you just give your alien ID instead of 8 copies of your passport, the other requirements still stand. When you need to renew your drivers license, you dont need a certificate of residence, just your alien ID. 

So why would/does the pink card not suffice?

Edited by 473geo

16 minutes ago, Bob12345 said:

// You are by the way talking about the fullness of the immigration process to make a natural selection,

but the OP is talking about an alien ID to streamline paperwork with the government (90-day reporting, visa application, drivers license renewel, etc).

An alien ID is just that, a means of identification. //

Seriously?

How many contacts with immigration/administration has an expat on Retirement ?

- 1 every year for Retirement Extension

- 1 every 5 years for Driving License renewal

- maybe one random document for buying/selling a car or bike?

And that's all !

You really want more paperwork for a new card that would be used only for that !???

23 hours ago, 473geo said:

There is of course the pink ID card in existence

But guess what? it appears to be far too much trouble for many to obtain, so they whine about the time and effort it takes to be processed and about it being of no benefit

Add an approximate price of 60 baht well no chance that is just the final straw!!! No way Jose over a a quid/ a couple of dollars surely taking advantage!!

My wife set it all up for me yellow book and pink card - considered it might be a good idea - is it? don't really know, but it means I am on record at the local amphur, having got married there also, a 'known' person so to speak which is always a good start

Permanent residence, why do you need it? comfort blanket? oh to resolve the hardship of immigration controls, give us a break, if it's not worth the effort then..... do one!!

From what I have read, a world of difference between a pink ID card and Permanent Resident status.

23 minutes ago, wwest5829 said:

From what I have read, a world of difference between a pink ID card and Permanent Resident status.

Indeed there is a long and winding road to PR not least language skills, for an idea of what it takes read the thread by DBrenn, I did - pink ID card is a pink id card with your home address similar is carried by all Thai people

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

Did you read the back of the Pink ID card? That scribblings in Thai... which state you're not allowed to leave the province of issuance? And lately added that you can leave the province but only if allowed by officials or something like that... basically if police stops you to identify yourself, pink ID should be sufficient in your province. If they stop you outside province, you must show your passport. Hope this makes it clearer.

I suppose that is one way it could be interpreted, but it has not been a problem when police have requested an ID, most of the time they are just happy to see my drivers license.

4 hours ago, possum1931 said:

I'm sure I won't be paying anybody 10.000 per month for just about nothing.

I'm guessing you actually mean you wouldn't need to because you are eligible for some other form of visa - marriage, over 50, work permit etc.

Many people who want to spend time in Thailand simply don't have those options.

There used to be the option of eduction visas for around 25K per year, but that option collapsed once IO's at airports decided that they were a problem.

Most used tourist visas, paying around 1,250 baht for 60 days, then another 1,900 baht for an additional 30 days. Then you had to leave the country, paying for flights and at least one night in a hotel. Those visa runs could be interesting but, eventually, they would feel like a big waste of time, money, and energy.

Then the airport IO's decided that back-to-back visas were a problem, and you had the stress of wondering if you were about to detained and flown out at your own cost. I never was, but the writing was on the wall. The consulates in neighboring countries also became more reluctant to issue visas if you had "too many".

So, many of us, in a less fortunate position than you but with some sort of tie to being here, usually romantic but at too early a stage for marriage, or maybe just a nice house and life in Thailand, are looking at probably having to spend at least a month in other countries between our 60 or 90-day stays in Thailand. That's a huge disruption, expense, and stress on relationships.

In that light, paying 10K for a monthly Elite to stay on in Thailand once you reach the end of your 60-day tourist visa and 30-day extension wouldn't look so bad. I and tens of thousands of others would end up paying it. Perhaps not happily, but we would.

Edited by donnacha
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Mbaki said:

I suppose that is one way it could be interpreted, but it has not been a problem when police have requested an ID, most of the time they are just happy to see my drivers license.

A lot depends on what they or anyone else is actually looking to check. The failing with both the ID and DL is lack of visa status.

It wouldn't be out of the question for immigration to give those that had the ID and done a 12 month extension a card sized slip with the ID & passport numbers and the extension validity, which could then be used to support the ID card.

On 4/28/2020 at 8:45 PM, 473geo said:

There is of course the pink ID card in existence

But guess what? it appears to be far too much trouble for many to obtain, so they whine about the time and effort it takes to be processed and about it being of no benefit

Add an approximate price of 60 baht well no chance that is just the final straw!!! No way Jose over a a quid/ a couple of dollars surely taking advantage!!

My wife set it all up for me yellow book and pink card - considered it might be a good idea - is it? don't really know, but it means I am on record at the local amphur, having got married there also, a 'known' person so to speak which is always a good start

Permanent residence, why do you need it? comfort blanket? oh to resolve the hardship of immigration controls, give us a break, if it's not worth the effort then..... do one!!

You might be fortunate that your wife was able to set it up for you but at some offices one might easily gain the impression as I did that they were trying to be as obstructive as possible.

Notwithstanding the above I persisted and obtained the yellow book and pink ID.

Among the many requirements were that our Australia marriage certificate, my passport and birth certificate had be translated into Thai, certified by the Australian Embassy and I think it was the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs ?

I can understand  how the faint hearted could be deterred and the final cost was substantially more than the  sixty baht you quoted.

On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2020 at 9:29 AM, JackThompson said:

Actually, I found a Thai income complicated things, on my last futile attempt at an extension based on marraige to a Thai.  Management at my job decided it was easier to pay me for 4 visa-run days per year, than to deal with immigration's corruption.   It costs them more than an agent-payoff, but avoids hassles for all the staff that have to "do everything for the work-permit again" - and more - to "satisfy"  immigration that my work-permit isn't "fake."

Edited by FritsSikkink

21 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

Did you read the back of the Pink ID card? That scribblings in Thai... which state you're not allowed to leave the province of issuance? And lately added that you can leave the province but only if allowed by officials or something like that... basically if police stops you to identify yourself, pink ID should be sufficient in your province. If they stop you outside province, you must show your passport. Hope this makes it clearer.

I pursued that very issue and was advised that the scribbling to which you refer applied to the non Thai Citizens mainly stateless  Burmese people to whom these ID cards were originally  issued.

You are are correct that such people had to obtain written authority to leave the area but that this requirement no longer exists 

I have confirmed with two separate Burmese people holding such cards that they are now free to travel without restriction

• Like 1

On 4/29/2020 at 1:24 PM, 473geo said:

Of course the farang is welcome to eat at the noodle shop, along with more abundant Thai people who actually keep the sellers in business. 

A business surviving solely on foreign patronage is best sited in a an area popular with  tourists right?

A business making a portion of their income from foreigners is happy to have the foreign-business.  There are lots of noodle-shops in areas where foreigners eat, and many foreigners eat at them.  My wife likes to take me to them, occasionally (her idea), because the soup tastes good. 

You go to a rural market possibly see one or two farang among the hundreds of Thai, you think there would be some dramatic economic collapse if the farang did not attend.

Go to a rural town with some farang in it, and you will find that a few farang there do a lot of spending - relative per-capita. 

Hard as it may be to accept, the farang long stayer is of no real economic significance, excepting the few family and locals that benefit directly. 

Add up the many thousands driven out of the country, and many, many Thais were negatively affected.  Entire city-blocks were boarded-up.  Just because it doesn't have a major impact on the stock-market, does not decrease its effect on those hurt.

As a tourist in Thailand for 3 weeks a year I could off load easily 10,000 baht a day plus paying for accommodation and food - there are not many long term farangs living at that spending pace, indeed I certainly do not now ???? Now I am a family man, and to Thai business, I am just another customer, which I easily accept.

Longer term stayers do not, in any way, affect the ability of short-term "big fish" spenders to do their thing.  They would probably not even see each other, as they shop in different areas.

If you are a wealthy farang go for the low hassle elite visa.........'oh but wait they could change the rules, more prudent to use a cheaper option but paperwork is a pain'......then you could hire an agent less hassle......'oh but agents are a rip off, better (and cheaper) to process oneself.'...you could use the money in the bank method not too complicated........'I don't want my money sitting around in a Thai bank earning no interest' why is Thai immigration so complicated

'There's hole in the bucket dear lisa'

I have a better idea.  Arrest all the Agents and coerce them into plea-deals to disclose their IO partners and terms of their deals.  Then, work deals with those IOs to find out to whom who they were passing loot up the chain.  Don't stop until all those involved are exposed.

Next, with the (string of explitive-deleted)s out of the way, set up a visa/extension system by which those with foreign income 3x or more the median Thai salary are allowed to live and spend it here.  Proof would be one document - a bank-statement showing total transfers (not monthly) reaching the required level; whether the income is from interest, dividends, real-estate, foreign-businesses, pensions, etc is not important.  The visa-fee could be 20K per year - a sum not insanely-disproportionate to the standard of living in the country, as is the "elite visa" fee - but enough that someone who has "gone broke" could not pay it.   As there is no "welfare" here for a foreigner to take - it's all upside for the Thai people. 

2 hours ago, JackThompson said:

A business making a portion of their income from foreigners is happy to have the foreign-business.  There are lots of noodle-shops in areas where foreigners eat, and many foreigners eat at them.  My wife likes to take me to them, occasionally (her idea), because the soup tastes good. 

Go to a rural town with some farang in it, and you will find that a few farang there do a lot of spending - relative per-capita. 

Add up the many thousands driven out of the country, and many, many Thais were negatively affected.  Entire city-blocks were boarded-up.  Just because it doesn't have a major impact on the stock-market, does not decrease its effect on those hurt.

Longer term stayers do not, in any way, affect the ability of short-term "big fish" spenders to do their thing.  They would probably not even see each other, as they shop in different areas.

I have a better idea.  Arrest all the Agents and coerce them into plea-deals to disclose their IO partners and terms of their deals.  Then, work deals with those IOs to find out to whom who they were passing loot up the chain.  Don't stop until all those involved are exposed.

Next, with the (string of explitive-deleted)s out of the way, set up a visa/extension system by which those with foreign income 3x or more the median Thai salary are allowed to live and spend it here.  Proof would be one document - a bank-statement showing total transfers (not monthly) reaching the required level; whether the income is from interest, dividends, real-estate, foreign-businesses, pensions, etc is not important.  The visa-fee could be 20K per year - a sum not insanely-disproportionate to the standard of living in the country, as is the "elite visa" fee - but enough that someone who has "gone broke" could not pay it.   As there is no "welfare" here for a foreigner to take - it's all upside for the Thai people. 

I have no time for posters who claim they are the backbone of the the Thai economy, it is false narrative and untrue - Thailand would would survive without the long stay farangs, somehow it appears managed for years.

A phrase one of my work colleagues often threw into a discussion "where is the added benefit" tourism yes as I pointed out huge income 17% of GDP as I understand it

Now why don't you and your 'entitled' friends go away and come up with a sensible % value on the "added benefit" of long stay foreigners....... as I have said, a drop in the ocean in comparison with the regular uncomplicated revenue of the 'Tourist'

You don't want to feel Thailand is doing you a big favour allowing you to live here, carry on blowing hot air on how much you contribute, but it doesn't alter the truth!!

Edited by 473geo

17 minutes ago, 473geo said:

I have no time for posters who claim they are the backbone of the the Thai economy, it is false narrative and untrue - Thailand would would survive without the long stay farangs, somehow it appears managed for years.

Nice straw-man, but I never made such a claim.  What I did claim, and no one can refute, is that Many, Many Thais had their livelihoods Destroyed by the "crackdown" on Western long-stay tourists.

A phrase one of my work colleagues often threw into a discussion "where is the added benefit" tourism yes as I pointed out huge income 17% of GDP as I understand it

Now why don't you and your 'entitled' friends go away and come up with a sensible % value on the "added benefit" of long stay foreigners....... as I have said, a drop in the ocean in comparison with the regular uncomplicated revenue of the 'Tourist'

Why don't you explain why destroying thousands of Thai lives/families is somehow a good idea - regardles of whatver "% of GDP" we compose?

You don't want to feel Thailand is doing you a big favour allowing you to live here, carry on blowing hot air on how much you contribute, but it doesn't alter the truth!!

The Thais who benefit from my spending are happy I am here.  Why should anyone else care, or want to cut off that revenue-source for Thais?

2 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

Nice straw-man, but I never made such a claim.  What I did claim, and no one can refute, is that Many, Many Thais had their livelihoods Destroyed by the "crackdown" on Western long-stay tourists.

Why don't you explain why destroying thousands of Thai lives/families is somehow a good idea - regardles of whatver "% of GDP" we compose?

The Thais who benefit from my spending are happy I am here.  Why should anyone else care, or want to cut off that revenue-source for Thais?

Every post you make just serves to highlight your exaggeration of the farang long stayers contribution.

There is no point in further discussion, longstay revenue is nowhere near the amount generated by the uncomplicated VOA, you know it, and I know it, and when the discussion starts to get down to the insignificant level of your own spending to try and prove your point you are really clutching at straws.

No way do I see my spending on my family having any more impact than a Thai person spending on their family, why is that so difficult to understand, I am no more important than any other 'customer' in the Thai retail sector, so with a population of 60 million and being a non taxpayer, VAT excepted, my contribution is negligible. Thus I am grateful to Thailand for the opportunity to spend my time in such a lovely country. Subsequently also grateful for the options available to me, no complaints Thailand it is after all 'your show'

But some of you guys, well you better let me know if you are leaving Thailand any time soon and I will hold back on purchasing Thai Baht until the full impact of your departure has materialised.

31 minutes ago, 473geo said:

Every post you make just serves to highlight your exaggeration of the farang long stayers contribution.

There is no point in further discussion, longstay revenue is nowhere near the amount generated by the uncomplicated VOA, you know it, and I know it, and when the discussion starts to get down to the insignificant level of your own spending to try and prove your point you are really clutching at straws.

No way do I see my spending on my family having any more impact than a Thai person spending on their family, why is that so difficult to understand, I am no more important than any other 'customer' in the Thai retail sector, so with a population of 60 million and being a non taxpayer, VAT excepted, my contribution is negligible. Thus I am grateful to Thailand for the opportunity to spend my time in such a lovely country. Subsequently also grateful for the options available to me, no complaints Thailand it is after all 'your show'

But some of you guys, well you better let me know if you are leaving Thailand any time soon and I will hold back on purchasing Thai Baht until the full impact of your departure has materialised.

How about applying safety catch, dressing back to post #3 & acknowledging that it was a far better suggestion than anything you have come up with since?

If you have a better idea i'm all ???????? but spare us your 'holier than thou' nonsense as you're no better than anyone else despite appearing to believe otherwise...

HTH

Edited by evadgib

33 minutes ago, 473geo said:

There is no point in further discussion,

Yet you persist.

longstay revenue is nowhere near the amount generated by the uncomplicated VOA, you know it, and I know it, and when the discussion starts to get down to the insignificant level of your own spending to try and prove your point you are really clutching at straws.

You think throwing thousands of Thais under the bus for NO BENEFIT is "ok" - because the "VOA makes more" - even though the VOA is the cause of congestion, wrecked roads, and benefits almost entirely large corporations (where the "tour groups" shop). 

No way do I see my spending on my family having any more impact than a Thai person spending on their family, why is that so difficult to understand,

We spend a lot more per-capita than they can, and made is possible for thousands of now-closed smaller Thai businesses to remain open.  Why is THAT so hard to understand?

I am no more important than any other 'customer' in the Thai retail sector, so with a population of 60 million and being a non taxpayer, VAT excepted, my contribution is negligible. Thus I am grateful to Thailand for the opportunity to spend my time in such a lovely country. Subsequently also grateful for the options available to me, no complaints Thailand it is after all 'your show'

It is a country full of wonderful people.  Too bad immigration works to intentionally-destroy the lives of so many by breaking the law and denying entry to those with valid visas for entry - and pushing consulates to limit visa-options. 

I am married to a Thai, so I'm not going anywhere.  The majority longer-staying on TVs and VE have already left - which is why several in my wife's small home-town were put out of work (this was before the virus). 

See, I know many of Immigration's Thai victims personally.  They know EXACTLY who shut down the restaurants and guesthouses where they worked, before.  Our hate for them does not compare to the Thais impacted by immigration's Arbitray, Pointless, Destruction of Incomes.  They cannot just "pick up stakes" and live somewhere else. 

7 minutes ago, evadgib said:

How about applying safety catch, dressing back to post #3 & acknowledging that it was a far better suggestion than anything you have come up with since?

If you have a better idea i'm all ???????? but spare us your 'holier than thou' nonsense as you're no better than anyone else despite appearing to believe otherwise...

HTH

You are having a laugh right?

If you had ever applied for permanent residence status in a country other than your own you would understand how ridiculous PR suggestion in post 3 is......

Let us start with one requirement for example, full schooling and employment history, with confirmation from official sources, covering any gaps in employment or schooling. Why is this? because it highlights any time you may have spent on holiday at Her Majestys' pleasure.

Have you any idea how long it can take to put this together, with evidence, payslips, school reports etc.

You have no idea, you guys are just on for yourselves admit it - attempting to play the victims of a prolonged and repetitive immigration control process to try and gain beneficial changes for the individual - no matter how you dress it up!!

8 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

Yet you persist.

You think throwing thousands of Thais under the bus for NO BENEFIT is "ok" - because the "VOA makes more" - even though the VOA is the cause of congestion, wrecked roads, and benefits almost entirely large corporations (where the "tour groups" shop). 

We spend a lot more per-capita than they can, and made is possible for thousands of now-closed smaller Thai businesses to remain open.  Why is THAT so hard to understand?

It is a country full of wonderful people.  Too bad immigration works to intentionally-destroy the lives of so many by breaking the law and denying entry to those with valid visas for entry - and pushing consulates to limit visa-options. 

I am married to a Thai, so I'm not going anywhere.  The majority longer-staying on TVs and VE have already left - which is why several in my wife's small home-town were put out of work (this was before the virus). 

See, I know many of Immigration's Thai victims personally.  They know EXACTLY who shut down the restaurants and guesthouses where they worked, before.  Our hate for them does not compare to the Thais impacted by immigration's Arbitray, Pointless, Destruction of Incomes.  They cannot just "pick up stakes" and live somewhere else. 

I guess the poor exchange rate didn't encourage people to depart and did not slow arrivals, I think you are confusing the overall situation with 'difficulty' or 'not' of obtaining a relevant visa to stay in the kingdom.

1 hour ago, 473geo said:

You are having a laugh right?

If you had ever applied for permanent residence status in a country other than your own you would understand how ridiculous PR suggestion in post 3 is......

Let us start with one requirement for example, full schooling and employment history, with confirmation from official sources, covering any gaps in employment or schooling. Why is this? because it highlights any time you may have spent on holiday at Her Majestys' pleasure.

Have you any idea how long it can take to put this together, with evidence, payslips, school reports etc.

You have no idea, you guys are just on for yourselves admit it - attempting to play the victims of a prolonged and repetitive immigration control process to try and gain beneficial changes for the individual - no matter how you dress it up!!

It appears post #9 stands.

I'm done +

Edited by evadgib