How many people does it take to be " a gathering"?

I haven't seen any official number on what constitutes a gathering.  Is it 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 10, 20, or up to the local official/police?

Would be nice to have some sort of official numbers and guidelines seeing as 99.999% of the populace has been observing the social distancing practices and is in a province or area where there are no cases?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, steelepulse said:

I haven't seen any official number on what constitutes a gathering.

In France they are announce not more than 10.

3 weeks ago in our soi there were over 50 or more at a funeral.

11 hours ago, steelepulse said:

What I'm trying to ascertain, is what is considered a gathering in Thailand?  Is there a definitive number, or is it up to the local gov't guy depending on the circumstances?

IIRC when the protests were going on it was 6 or more. I would hazard a guess that this would be the same now.

No official number for the current situation announced so far that I have heard.

12 hours ago, steelepulse said:

I haven't seen any official number on what constitutes a gathering.  Is it 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 10, 20, or up to the local official/police?

Would be nice to have some sort of official numbers and guidelines seeing as 99.999% of the populace has been observing the social distancing practices and is in a province or area where there are no cases?

Sheesh, guy, planning a celebratory orgy is a bit early.

PS, can i get an invite ? 

22 hours ago, CharlieH said:

In some countries no more than two , the exception being funerals, and then family only.

Thats my observation.

Wife was at a funeral yesterday, school janitors daughter.

She said many, many people there, no social distancing, some not even wearing masks.

Only reason my wife was there, she went in her official capacity as school director.

I said to her, stay home, i cannot she said i am the director, it will look bad if i am not there.

22 hours ago, steelepulse said:

What I'm trying to ascertain, is what is considered a gathering in Thailand?  Is there a definitive number, or is it up to the local gov't guy depending on the circumstances?

Haven't seen any official numbers, hence the cops can claim 2 is a crowd. And make an arrest.

Under current situation here in Thailand, less is better at the moment.

Funny to observe foreigners meet on the street, standing 2 meters away from each other while talking  ????

On 4/30/2020 at 11:30 AM, Kwasaki said:

In France they are announce not more than 10.

3 weeks ago in our soi there were over 50 or more at a funeral.

I read 2 the other day. But I don't know if the police will be a hassle if they see you sitting together somewhere. 

• Like 1

Officially 3.

They just do not want even 2 people (who do not live together) to get too close to each other for obvious reasons, which is why I talked about the booze ban.

Legitimate people should be able to buy alcohol for having a quiet drink at home.

The law states that drinking in public outside of licenced establishments is a crime.

If the police controlled this (which they never have)  then

again   "We would not be governed by the lowest common denominator"