Thailand to allow alcohol sales after three-week ban: officials

rooster59

Just back from the local villa market buying two beers...

My good it was hard to get to the alcohol section.. Thais and more Thais were filling up trolleys with beer and whiskey like there is no tomorrow...

I thought farrangs was the heavy alcohol consumers.... But only 1 farrang ... me ...

I got my 2 beers.

Maybe they should make an alcohol baan for thais

Cheers

Edited by BEngBKK
Misspelling
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, 248900_1469958220 said:

Mate of mine has been to a Big C and a Lotus out here in the Rangsit klongs.....not selling. I guess the Guvnuh has his own ideas....I just went to my mom and pop and bought 3 beers. Welcome to the fairground,

Can confirm.... Rangsit is dry.

Just now, Green Machine said:

I think the big boys (Lotus, Big C....Macro)  got the memo, but the mom and pops didnt....I think getting beers today while there may be confusion is a good idea from smaller places.

10 minutes ago, Green Machine said:

Not sure about that. Spoke to gf and she suggests that most likely just Supermarkets , big c etc.

Try a 7/11. 

Bangkok is selling booze. 

14 hours ago, DaLa said:

The battle of Big C was concluded in less than 58 minutes and there was very little resistance from the Teetotallers.

That particular Big C is always quiet because Central normally sucks up all the local custom. Have to look elsewhere for a decent scrum.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Not sure about that. Spoke to gf and she suggests that most likely just Supermarkets , big c etc.

Try a 7/11. 

Bangkok is selling booze. 

Doubt it, I'm in Thanyaburi and the alcohol section is still taped off with signs saying "To comply with government policy the store reserves the right to stop selling liqour and alcohol mixers of all kinds."

Screenshot_20200503_131453.jpg

Lady at the booze section in Makro Rangsit made a call and told me to go BKK or Nonthaburi. Not very convenient but in 15 mins I was getting my Blend bottles from Tesco Express in Phahol 66 bkk bordering Pathum Thani next to Airforce stadium (in case someone from south Pathum Thani wants to know the nearest pos just Google เทสโก้ โลตัส เอ็กซ์เพรส พหลโยธิน 66).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, flinc2020 said:

I'm in Thanyaburi and the alcohol section is still taped off with signs saying "To comply with government policy the store reserves the right to stop selling liqour and alcohol mixers of all kinds

Crazy isn't it. But what we sort of expected. Perhaps need to start a list of sensible districts and the ones with agenda on power trip. 

Rayong is open for booze. My 7/11 delivery here shortly

8 minutes ago, flinc2020 said:

Doubt it, I'm in Thanyaburi and the alcohol section is still taped off with signs saying "To comply with government policy the store reserves the right to stop selling liqour and alcohol mixers of all kinds."

Screenshot_20200503_131453.jpg

Guess we have a governor with his head farther up his ass than most. If Pattaya, one of the major sources of Covid 19, can sell why the hell can't a province that's only had 39 cases since the start of the pandemic? ( Barring, of course, the dozens they are likely to find when they test the inmates at the detention centre along the road from me.)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, flinc2020 said:

Guess we have a governor with his head farther up his ass than most

Just a question. Seems strange that some random governor can choose to continue ban. On what basis. Safety of his flock or perhaps an anti booze issue, or wanting to be his own man with swagger, or religion.

Any suggestions welcome.

• Like 1

Reporting in from Eastern Bangkok (Prawet).  Went to two 7-Elevens and a Big C - all selling, all with stock, and no scrums.

First 7-Eleven had a sign on the beer fridge.  It was all in Thai but said Covid-19 and also 16.01 - 22.00.  I was worried that was the selling time although it would make no sense as the law is 11am-2pm and 5pm-midnight (pre-curfew), however transaction was successfully completed at 1.15pm.

Curious to know what the sign says - the other 7-Eleven didn't have it.  

1 hour ago, VictorInBKK said:

Lady at the booze section in Makro Rangsit made a call and told me to go BKK or Nonthaburi. Not very convenient but in 15 mins I was getting my Blend bottles from Tesco Express in Phahol 66 bkk bordering Pathum Thani next to Airforce stadium (in case someone from south Pathum Thani wants to know the nearest pos just Google เทสโก้ โลตัส เอ็กซ์เพรส พหลโยธิน 66).

No 14 day quarantine on return?

• Haha 1

CM outside at a Thai distributor is lined up and super crazy. Took me an hour at 11am to buy some of what I wanted. Feeling is it going to shut real soon as things cannot be trusted.

Went to another store starts with a P and selling no problem. but di not look like their stock will last long, but who knows depending on the situation.

I am now good to go with 6 cases cases of Singha, a case of Heineken and Federbrau, couple bottles of
Scotch, bottle of Hennessey and 10 bottles of nice wine. This is good for a month or so but if the hatchet starts coming down I might do another small buy to make it go a couple of months. Again the feeling and the word is amongst the sellers is this is not going to last long. I am felling pretty good and so much less stress to live my life the way I want to. 

The hardest stressful thing now is choosing what pleasure to drink and get blasted on tonight while I play guitar and crow like a wolf

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SteezyP said:

No 14 day quarantine on return?

Crossed by land hidden at the back of a 10 baht bus. No checkpoints were set on neither leg.

A liter of the local stuff would've probably sufficed to soften the officer's heart anyway.

Cheers!