At last! Thai schoolgirls and boys can wear their hair long

rooster59

5 minutes ago, 2 is 1 said:

I think school uniform is really good thing! Not coming so much look down issue like what we have in Finland!

In Finland University students wear white shirts?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, BobBKK said:

Wow they have finally left the 1800s behind now get rid of those pathetic white shirts that even University students are made to wear.

White shirts. Didn't see that in the report, has it recently been in other media reports?

• Confused 1

Wow they have finally left the 1800s behind now get rid of those pathetic white shirts that even University students are made to wear.

Students - oh, the penguins.

Years ago those penguins were the ones actively seeking out ferangs. They were in the old Complex shopping centre in Udon anyway. It wasn't to seek advice about homework either.

• Haha 2

Should they wear black lace or leather or what's on your mind?

TW627843_03?fmt=jpeg&fmt.jpeg.interlaced

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DrTuner said:

I like those white shirts. One size too small especially.

thai%20student.jpg

(Photo is so old she's probably a grandma by now though. Students used to be that slim back in the day).

Over many years there's been many campaigns to try to stop girls wearing such short skirts at 3 uni's I've taught at in Bkk including the 2 most prestigious uni's.  

One other uni has basically given up and unofficially dropped rules about uniforms, result is even much shorter skirts than above and extremely short shorts with much flesh revealed in the back. 

Don't ask - no names given.

4 hours ago, Siamjim said:

lots of poor families in Thailand, what sort of schools clothes could they afford?  getting picked on even worst now wearing off style old stuff. 

I raised 3 daughters (now adults) I was fortunate they had uniforms until the age of 18 so that they could escape the competition of a "fashion show"at school

• Like 1