Bangkok reopens with stylists in scrubs, plastic screens between diners

webfact

Thailand in January was the first country outside China to report a case of the new coronavirus that since swept the globe, infecting 3.5 million and killing 460,000.

Just read today on BBC News that France had the first case in December 2019!

Link: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-52526554

Edited by petedk
Added Link
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, tribalfusion001 said:

If two friends or a couple turn up together it makes no sense having a screen between them as they would have been in each others company before arriving at the restaurant. If it's two strangers sitting at one table, then I see the point of it.

So does that mean the proprietor should ask every customer if they journeyed together or are strangers?

Therefore leaving or removing the screen?

Screen stays, friends or not.. why make life more tedious than it already is?

• Like 2

Lol....Referring to the pic of a "Taiwanese-style hot pot restaurant", I am in Taiwan right now and walk by many hot pot restaurants each day......in fact one right in front of my home......and other than distancing the tables and staff with masks, there is nothing else different and definitely no screens here!!  p.s. They are way better at preventing it here so they must know something 

7 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

So does that mean the proprietor should ask every customer if they journeyed together or are strangers?

Therefore leaving or removing the screen?

Screen stays, friends or not.. why make life more tedious than it already is?

Restaurants normally ask how many many is in your party anyway. It looks like the screen is permanent so they can seat more at a table.. ie 2 different couples.

• Like 2

There's no point is there, we've already adapted to eating more often at home ( and better food) most restaurants are just mediocre at best anyway and questionable sanitation.  I can text the barber and they come straight away ( for now )  and now we're treated like inmates in a service business...The death of business by government strangling...

What'll they think of next ? 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, recom273 said:

I really wonder about the future. I was out yesterday enquiring about building materials - I just gave up and walked out, I couldn’t hear the woman speak Just some muffled garbage, It wasn’t a language thing, the wife couldn’t understand her either. 

This is the new “normal.” Bitch and whine all you want. You will not get any service.

18 minutes ago, hioctane said:

This is the new “normal.” Bitch and whine all you want. You will not get any service.

Yes, it could be the new normal, or people could adapt like they have done throughout evolution.

All I asked her to do was speak louder and clearer through her mask. Is that bitching and moaning? 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, torturedsole said:

A soapy massage wrapped in clingfilm sounds interesting.  

and a happyender massager cops copyright infringement, for offering a glad wrap

1 hour ago, Tops said:

And still the glasses, cups, dishes, spoons, forks and sometimes knives aren't washed in steaming hot water.... Hygiene in Thailand... It is a 3rd world country and it always will be.

I always say cold water never cleans anything

25 minutes ago, recom273 said:

Yes, it could be the new normal, or people could adapt like they have done throughout evolution.

All I asked her to do was speak louder and clearer through her mask. Is that bitching and moaning? 

I had the same problem the other week at the builders merchants and I speak Thai dont need my wife

• Like 1

if someone is in this enclosed space and is infected then these screens are absolutely pointless - it is in the air 

Ventilation is very important and a good flow of air to the outside otherwise you are creating the cruise ship scenario 

You can't fault them for trying

• Like 1