BA.. No Refund.. No Voucher.. Nothing just My 25k Baht Gone!

OP - I understand your frustration but you have to play the long game now and try not let this situation consume you, which is also perfectly understandable.

First rule is never settle big ticket purchases by PayPal as you immediately remove your credit card protections.  BA are also in a right mess now (if they weren't before) and adopted a default position of obstinate to create some breathing space for themselves.  I can't say I blame them either.    

You'll get your money's worth or your money back, eventually, but you need to be patient and be creative.  You could start with a simple 'letter before action' email to customer services which might bump you up the priority list.  You could then temper the letter before action email with the conciliatory message that you'll accept a voucher.  

In the longer term, are you covered by travel insurance?  Not something I would utilise unless I had to.  

Strange times but there's ways and means.  

Edited by torturedsole

On 5/5/2020 at 7:26 PM, Rolanddrums said:

Hi, update for anyone in similar situation. I originally opened a case with Paypal. I was suprised it was won in sellers (BA) favour. I never got to see sellers PP responses btw. But now having telephoned PP they tell me BA won because they had told PP "they didnt cancel the flights"!!! Complete lie .. i still have email showing the BA10 and BA9 flights cancelled by BA in big red boxes. I can't believe BA could lie like this, and secondly  I can't believe how PP just accepted what they said.

Case now reopened, lady at PP says she can now see both flights WERE cancelled. I have forwarded her the flight cancelation e-mail from BA to. .. Lets see what happens now !

Good luck!!

19 hours ago, Keyser Soze666 said:

We are not in the 90's. Have you ever heard of VOIP? Calling a UK L/L costs absolute peanuts.

Thank you for your pedantic reply, I am not that stupid I was making a point of how long you hold on without being answered.

Edited by jimn

13 minutes ago, jimn said:

Thank you for your pedantic reply, I am not that stupid I was making a point of how long you hold on without being answered.

If the only issue is that you have to wait for a long time then so what? he's owed about 600 quid so you would wait, it's not as if we have much else to do anyway, is it!

Edited by Keyser Soze666
spelling

Update.. My PP claim denied again!.  BA told them flights not cancelled (They were) BA10 7th April.

What is best BA phone number in Bangkok to use?

My son tried phoning BA UK using phone number suggested. 2 hrs later .. nothing . He used  0800 (free) number and an 0845 number (9p min) from BT landline. 

I'm getting nowhere fast. Maybe small UK claims court is only option.?

I did email BA on    [email protected]    No reply but only 2 days so far. Has anybody sucessfully used this email for voucher or refund claim?....thanks

Edited by Rolanddrums

Further update, I telephoned BA in Bangkok. T 020247499. Nice lady, answered promptly. Gave my Booking Ref. She confirmed there were no flights in April  ( Hurray) . She confirmed I will get refund via PP! Might take a few weeks but I will get she says. No  recorded message, no putting me on hold, spoke good English.... Thankyou BA BKK

Edited by Rolanddrums

1 hour ago, Rolanddrums said:

Further update, I telephoned BA in Bangkok. T 020247499. Nice lady, answered promptly. Gave my Booking Ref. She confirmed there were no flights in April  ( Hurray) . She confirmed I will get refund via PP! Might take a few weeks but I will get she says. No  recorded message, no putting me on hold, spoke good English.... Thankyou BA BKK

I cant understand why they are saying your flight was not cancelled. The last BA10 flight BKK to LHR was 29 March.

Seems to me that Paypal is the culprit here, and not BA.  Maybe their system can't handle it. BA is a good customer for them and all you get is an automatic reply. 

4 hours ago, balo said:

Seems to me that Paypal is the culprit here, and not BA.  Maybe their system can't handle it. BA is a good customer for them and all you get is an automatic reply. 

And a good lesson to not rely on PayPal when purchasing flights and hotels.  Stick to the credit card.  

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, torturedsole said:

And a good lesson to not rely on PayPal when purchasing flights and hotels.  Stick to the credit card.  

paypal for ebay because it's convenient. for anything else? no way. and big ticket items; credit card. common sense really.

Hi, both PP ( for negligence) and BA( for lying to PP in writing) are joint culprits. I've viewed the comments to PP made by BA agent? ('wabash.com') .  They told PP in message 'flights are not cancelled'. PP didn't bother to check just took their word for it . Case closed in sellers favour! 

The BA agent ( Quite helpful on phone)  in BKK says they cannot do anything as is a 'status 2' now, ( chargeback through PP been initiated by customer ie me). Yes it was initiated by me originally.

PP do re-open the case if I talk to them on phone. I've even sent them documents as proof . But then gets closed again in sellers favour in under 24 hours...  3 times now.

Nothing I can do, except wait until i go UK next year and open small claims but thats going to be problematic, time consuming, and I still have to get BA to pay up after winning.

Edited by Rolanddrums

On 5/5/2020 at 6:59 PM, hotandsticky said:

If your flight was cancelledIf your flight was cancelled and you do not wish to rebook or claim a voucher, please contact us on 0800 727 800 from within the UK, or +44 (0)203 250 0145 from abroad, to discuss your refund options.

Call using Skype. Minimal charges.