BA.. No Refund.. No Voucher.. Nothing just My 25k Baht Gone!

Same story my rtn flight BKK-LHR was canceled for the 23/04 called them snooty woman told me all I would get back was £97 as taxes have been paid I demanded half my flight money back still waiting .

On Monday called them to find out where my refund was after a 4 week wait the recorded message just cuts you off after it tells you how understaffed they are.

That wound me up so much I have signed up to compensation claims GB to get my money back at 20%+£20+VAT but they tell me I will get 600 euros we shall see????  

35 minutes ago, rickudon said:

I always book via credit card, that way you are covered. Once booked through a travel agent who only accepted bank transfer. You can guess ..... the airline failed and travel agent folded 2 weeks later. Lost 2000 GBP. So only credit card now.

Fortunately i saw the disaster coming this year, scrapped my UK visit plans for May at the end of January, no regrets.

Yes credit card is the way to go.  Cancelled two trips recently and credit card people promptly took care of a couple or reluctant refunders.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sammieuk1 said:

That wound me up so much I have signed up to compensation claims GB to get my money back at 20%+£20+VAT but they tell me I will get 600 euros we shall see

That sounds more like an EU261 claim rather than just a refund request.  If the cancellation was due to Covid then no compensation is due.

2 hours ago, jimn said:

Lol have you tried ringing that +44 (0)203 250 0145 from abroad, you hold on forever and all you lose is your credit.

Is there a reason you don't sign up for a  one month Skype  subscription so  you calling BA doesn't cost a fortune?

BBC News today said that all flight cancellations would be refunded in UK and Europe.  If they fail to pay, suggest that you submit your case to the Small Claims Court (address on the internet) and that will sort the problem and they will also have to pay the cost of the claim.  Good luck.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SERGERAMOS said:

I just got my refund from emirates said I was getting a full refund paid £320 for return flight only refunded me £290 so no full refund 

I just got vouchers from Emirates, valid for 12 months, extendable for a further 12 months or then a full refund.

Got full refund from NOK Air into my bank. Thanks.

2 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

I used BA ,many years ago ,worst airline going plus expensive , would never ever use them again .

Used them last summer, 98,000THB, 2 adults 2 kids to the UK, they were the cheapest by far. Great service both ends, very family orientated. Flight service was good too. Only complaint was a very old entertainment system.

Heard horror stories about them before and was dreading it, in the end was very impressed. In normal times i travel a lot for work, so have been on a few airplanes in my time ????

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, sammieuk1 said:

Not so if you book your flights more than 120 days ago????

The 120 day limit you mention is probably that for doing a chargeback, however this may be extended under certain circumstances and advance flight bookings is one of these.  540 days is the absolute limit.

The other alternative in the UK is a  Section 75 claim which has no time limit IIRC.

1 hour ago, baansgr said:

I did read a few days ago....you could only call from the UK..using Skype would be as calling from there, not sure how they block foreign numbers.

They don't.

I got through using my Thai phone and CAT card.

Needed to get back early from Uk before lock down, so had to purchase new single flights for me and my lady

E mailed Qatar Airways with proof, 2 weeks later received vouchers for 200 us dollars

2 weeks after that, received 27,000 baht back into my credit card. 

Always prefer Qatar, and refuse to fly BA due to bad service, old planes and mostly higher fares

37 minutes ago, sungod said:

Used them last summer, 98,000THB, 2 adults 2 kids to the UK, they were the cheapest by far. Great service both ends, very family orientated. Flight service was good too. Only complaint was a very old entertainment system.

Heard horror stories about them before and was dreading it, in the end was very impressed. In normal times i travel a lot for work, so have been on a few airplanes in my time ????

I found the same and generally little to choose between the level of service. EVA have a new plane on the BKK/LHR route and the entertainment system was excellent.

On my last BA flight in December the crew said that a new plane would operate the route from May.....that could now change of course.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

I found the same and generally little to choose between the level of service. EVA have a new plane on the BKK/LHR route and the entertainment system was excellent.

On my last BA flight in December the crew said that a new plane would operate the route from May.....that could now change of course.

I was told by the crew the seats on the old BA planes were a little larger with more leg space, it did seems true to me.

Whatever, don’t worry, you’ll get your money back. There are EU rules and I think( ?) IATA . All airlines are in a terrible state at the moment , imagine the money it’s costing to keep all those planes grounded ? So things might take a bit longer than in normal times. Personally, never had a problem with BA tho I do use Emirates for BKK. Also, as said many times, always !!! use a credit card to book a flight, and lots of other things of course. 

On 5/5/2020 at 7:26 PM, Rolanddrums said:

Hi, update for anyone in similar situation. I originally opened a case with Paypal. I was suprised it was won in sellers (BA) favour. I never got to see sellers PP responses btw. But now having telephoned PP they tell me BA won because they had told PP "they didnt cancel the flights"!!! Complete lie .. i still have email showing the BA10 and BA9 flights cancelled by BA in big red boxes. I can't believe BA could lie like this, and secondly  I can't believe how PP just accepted what they said.

Case now reopened, lady at PP says she can now see both flights WERE cancelled. I have forwarded her the flight cancelation e-mail from BA to. .. Lets see what happens now !

Why dont you just call BA in BKK? I got a voucher, unfortunately on the BA Thai website, one cannot book using a voucher. I called them, got routed to BA Hongkong and all was sorted out quickly and very friendly. 

Boy, you've got shysters on shysters - BA AND Paypal. Best of luck with Paypal, you have to spend an hour trawling around and around their website before you can even find how to lodge a complaint, and then you get treated like a criminal. I closed my account with them years ago.

• Like 2

On 5/5/2020 at 1:24 PM, steven100 said:

Call BA and find out what happened and why they consider you ineligible.

Send them an email first explaining what happened and that you have initiated your laywer to take appropriate legal action against BA as your laywer insists you are entitled to a full refund. 

Threatening is never a good idea. Ask. If nothing happens, then consider legal action.

• Like 1

BA also for me.  Booked through an agent (Opodo), still trying to get a refund.  They have sent a couple of emails saying they have my refund request but would I take a voucher.  I'm saying no, money back please, but I may have to endup with a voucher - which I may not be able to use if it's only good for a year.

On 5/5/2020 at 4:24 AM, steven100 said:

Call BA and find out what happened and why they consider you ineligible.

Send them an email first explaining what happened and that you have initiated your laywer to take appropriate legal action against BA as your laywer insists you are entitled to a full refund. 

If you have engaged a lawyer, why would they talk to you. They will just wait to hear from your lawyer. I think the lawyer threat is one of the most overused and unsuccessful ploys going.

6 hours ago, joe999 said:

Hi,

Only had positive experiences with BA thus far. 

Had already checked in online for a flight on Mar25, but got an email in the evening informing me that I could still change my flight plan and get a voucher for the ticket amount for future use. Given current situation, I decided not to travel and ask for the voucher. Website quite busy, took me 3 tries to get through and apply. Got my voucher about 4 weeks later, took long time but still got it.

Both 2018 and 2019, flight left delayed from Bkk and lost my connection in HTR...customer service provided me with hotel, meal and transport vouchers straight away, no fuss. 

Planes are old, crew is not the kindest, but still very happy!

Had a delayed departure from BKK last year using  BA.  also causing me to miss my connecting flight

Customer service at BKK airport dire. ( Thai staff )

Such a contrast back in HTR where BA customer services did same as you experienced..

Excellent service.

Edited by seasia

6 minutes ago, Retarded said:

Paypal and Ebay are worse than Nigerian con artists. Since they lied to me, I never used them since 1999. 

They're fine until you need help with something. Then they try to fob you off ASAP without helping or even listening to your problem.  

under uk sales of goods and services/consumer legislation you are entitled to a refund - this has come up a lot recently in the uk news media, i dont know about thai legislation, depends which legislation your contract comes under.

as a general rule there is an argument for paying for large ticket price items using a credit card, and having a direct debit set up from you bank account to ensure no interest paid, as the credit card company provides additional protection

• Like 1