I took a domestic flight and got detained, so that you don’t have to

webfact

Just now, Silent Number said:

Gee how surprising another grammar nazi.Do you spell cheek also.? Because my spelling and grammar is atrocious.Thanks in advance.

I can understand what you typed ....... hadn't got a clue what the other bloke meant.

19 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I can understand what you typed ....... hadn't got a clue what the other bloke meant.

19 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I must admit it is a little cryptic thanks for not picking on the “cheek” typo. You passed

Edited by Silent Number
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Step by step for you...how do Thais tell authorities they don,t come from elsewhere when they just arrived from elsewhere!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Hey Steve I didn't know of the above, suffice to say being in Isaan, am thinking to take the family on a weeks holiday by car down south to Ko Lanta, stopping at Hua Hin (mid-point) for a couple of days, same at Ao Nang to break up the total driving journey of around 20 hours to Ko Lanta.

Surely this wouldn't apply to us ?

I mean can we travel out of our province to go on holiday or should I forget it ? 

What is your tolerance for Adventure and how good is you wife at dealing with Police at check points?

• Haha 1

I flew on May 2nd from Don Meaung to Pitsanolouk. Didn't get temperature checked once at DM or before I got on the plane. Nok air had us use seat covers, which we put back in a plastic bag as we got off. Upon arrival at Pitsanolouk there was a thermal camera which took my temperature, and a person wrote my temp on a piece of paper. Then there were several tables where people were to give their personal details. I gave them my phone number and other contact information( my boss, school etc.) After that I gave the piece of paper to soldier the temperature reading, got my baggage, and walked out.

Edited by Aspaltso
Spelling

The stranger from the plane signed for him. Does anyone think the imm cops didn't know what was happening? They let him in with a nod and a wink, because their meaningless bureaucratic hoops had been jumped through. Par for the course with Immigration. 

I'm not bashing the OP. His post was a public service. He confirms that Immigration will be there when you arrive. I live in CM and will continue to watch for reports like this. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

3 people in photo with eye shield and hostie has goggles. Everyone else without eye protection might as well not bother with the mask.

The purpose of the mask is primarily to stop the wearer (who may be an asymptomatic carrier) from spreading it.

Modifying ones own behaviour to protect others......an alien and loathsome concept for some.

Many of them professing to have found their "spiritual home" in Thailand.

Edited by Enoon

8 minutes ago, Enoon said:

The purpose of the mask is primarily to stop the wearer (who may be an asymptomatic carrier) from spreading it.

Except it doesn't of course.

Evidence of masks reducing transmission of a virus is tiny and plenty of studies claim the opposite, or that it has no effect whatsoever.

• Sad 1

I was thinking of travelling to Bangkok from CM for a few days but after reading this, I am having second thoughts.

Why make it so difficult to have a short holiday around Thailand? 14 days quarantine is too much considering that Thailand has only 1 new case recently.

• Like 1

I took a Viet Jet flight a few days ago from CM to Suvarnaboom.

Had to fill out a questionnaire in CM.

They did a decent job of separating people on the flight but as most people are cheap, I paid $7 extra and got a seat at the front with no one around me.

Arrived at BKK and no one was around whatsoever.  I don't think I even saw a security officer.

Walked to the exit, met my driver and came straight through to Pats no delay. 

My takeaway from this:

If going to Chiang Mai. before you depart make sure you download Tinder and get the Gold package one week prior to departure. Chat up girls. Get one to pick you up at the airport; alternatively, You can get multiple girls to get you from the airport and then just go with the prettiest one. Problem solved. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, OnTheGround said:

This serve as a reminder that this is not the time to travel, unless one are prepared for scrutiny and quarantine. Under the current situation, I don't see any wrong in this.

The main issue the OP was raising about all this was not the rules themselves, but rather the lack of consistency and transparency about just what the rules are right now when someone needs to travel province to province.

If you've go to go somewhere else for whatever reason, how the heck is anyone supposed to know what any given one of the 70+ provinces are enforcing as their own local measures.

There should be some informational clarity about that publicly and readily available. But AFAIK, there isn't.

• Like 1

On the other extreme I had a friend flew to Heathrow yesterday (Qatar) arrived, no health checks, no questions as the where staying, no talk of isolation or quarantine, nothing ,

Now can see why the UK is having major problems

11 hours ago, OnTheGround said:

"They insisted that if I didn’t know someone who can assume responsibility for my whereabouts, that I would be placed in a “Local Quarantine” for 14 days"

"if a person doesn’t have accommodation, there’ll be a 14-day quarantine. 

However, I came to Chiang Mai with accommodation already arranged that was not with a local person. They insisted that if I could have the owner of the hotel come to pick me up, that they would let me go. They also told me that if I could have my Thai wife come and retrieve me, that would be acceptable."

Anyone fancy flying?

Edit: this is quote from the Link, see the ". Not my personal experience.

Not to act as your wife 

4 hours ago, Logosone said:

Except it doesn't of course.

Evidence of masks reducing transmission of a virus is tiny and plenty of studies claim the opposite, or that it has no effect whatsoever.

it's better to wear a mask than not wear one ..... it stops the wearer breathing in germs from others and it stops the wearer spitting his germs on others.   simple really .....

As a foreigner you are not able to enter Mae Hong Son province. Was picked up at CM airport from my ex-Missus. We are still in good terms. Had flown up from BKK.

The officer at CM airport called my Ex, she explained the Situation. No issues.

On the 1095 ,military checkpoint, road from CM to Pai in the mountains, the journey ended. If I had been a Thai it would not have been a problem. My Ex did some calls, but nada.

We got back to CM before the curfew, but had to rush. The reason for the journey was to be able to extend my #Extension of stay# for another year. It runs out on the 18th this month. Have a 30 year lease, living there for more then 15 years. The governer will re-evaluate the situation on the 10th. Hopefully I will be able to travel and do the extension then. 

10 hours ago, Logosone said:

Interesting post by this journalist.

Shocking to discover police are useless and apply stupid rules, but then this is the same the world over.

Good to know what is actually done in CM.

Yes and the main point of his post is not complaining about what he went through in Chiang Mai but rather why does each province have different rules and procedures ? Would be nice if for all provinces they were cleanly standardized and announced so that passengers know what to expect on departure and on arrival wherever they are coming from and / or going to.... and can therefore properly adhere to the procedures and requirements rather than be taken off guard and inconvenienced not to mention the waste of time trying to figure out and provide what is required...

18 hours ago, onekoolguy said:

What is your tolerance for Adventure and how good is you wife at dealing with Police at check points?

The wife loathes them, and gives them a lip service when they ask for money, then tells me to drive off, after giving them a 100 baht....lol

On 5/7/2020 at 2:47 PM, graemeaylward said:

It would seem that the ridiculous Thai Government has divested itself of all responsibility and allowed the tin pot Governors in each province to make it up as they go along!  As far as I can see, there is no central database where people can go to check out the rules of each governor.  Someone in Government needs to take control!!!

Normal situation. Same applies to immigration. Each office makes up its own rules.