Hotels Scheduled to Open July 1, 2020

Banana7

3 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Yes, let´s hope some gets the chance to really enjoy Pattaya until it´s too late once again.

Actually true I think.

I am getting out and doing some activities now it is a window of opportunity.

Because as soon as things start opening up, or the drunks don't obey the rules, there will probably be another shutdown. 

2 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Good news.  There will be lots of Thais and expats looking to get away for a few days, particularly from Bangkok.

Yes, not only from Bangkok :biggrin:

I don't depend on bars, WS etc.

BUT as long as there is curfew, pools closed, beach (promenade) closed, restaurants limited, malls with obscure entry rules etc. I won't go. And of course need to go by car. These domestic flight circumstances are insane.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Actually true I think.

I am getting out and doing some activities now it is a window of opportunity.

Because as soon as things start opening up, or the drunks don't obey the rules, there will probably be another shutdown. 

Yeah, I was not only thinking about that. Just look at it now, how calm and beautiful it is around you. That will also fade when the hordes of tourists return. You do good in enjoying the opportunity. ????

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, phetphet said:

Many shops, bars, restaurants etc., may never reopen.

Well those that decided to call it a day yes, but I just heard Heaven Above will be back one day... 

But restaurants and shops are reopening, and I seriously expect the Malls to open this month. Then we will be where so many wanted Pattaya to be, no nightlife or naughtiness, only eating and shopping. Might as well go to Scranton Pa!

Edited by jacko45k

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Well those that decided to call it a day yes, but I just heard Heaven Above will be back one day... 

But restaurants and shops are reopening, and I seriously expect the Malls to open this month. Then we will be where so many wanted Pattaya to be, no nightlife or naughtiness, only eating and shopping. Might as well go to Scranton Pa!

i hear there is a really swell beet farm out that way. 

HR director at one of the Pattaya big chain hotels today said they are expecting international tourists only in October, at the earliest, when Thailand starts accepting international flight arrivals. 

Looks like we are in for a few more months of super low season.

• Like 2

Thanks, but is this July the 1st an official decree or just what Hard Rock Hotel is doing? 

I am not remotely interested in Pattaya, but Thailand in general. I rent a house in Nakhon Sawan province and need to get back there.

(Currently stranded in the Philippines)

On 5/8/2020 at 2:56 AM, twocatsmac said:

Yes, to swim amongst the excrement and feed the motorcycle taxi drivers. 

Who asked you to come to Pattaya? If you don't like it go somewhere else. And what's wrong with mc taxis? I guess you're in the category of people that are scared s**tless riding on a mc taxi. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Donbanpho said:

I was scheduled to travel to Thailand 2nd July. I have now rebooked for 5th December, I will be heading directly to Buriram (normally Pattaya first) to see the wife’s family and then final destination Hua Hin for golf with my buddies. We always go to Pattaya for 10-14 days during our trip but not this year or any year until we have a vaccine. We like to drink in the soi’s until 24.00 and then into walking street. Neither of these places can you manage social distancing and with the broad range of nationalities from so many countries visiting it would be impossible to know if your safe with any certainty. There are several strains and the mutated version which is much more contagious and deadly which hit Italy, Britain the states has not yet arrived in Asia. There is so much unknown still, such as immunity and how long it might last and for which strain. With the risk of the 12 hour flight plus Pattaya being an international hub and then the current exchange rate (40 today) I would think western tourist will be in short supply for many years. There is so much fear in the U.K. right now, we are waiting for Boris to brief the country on Sunday but the headlines are that there will be very little easing of the stay at home message, over 30,000 people have died everyone knows someone who died. Pattaya could get Asian tourists from Korea, China maybe some Indians But I think this will be it and for 3 years or more and here is why - Warren Buffett last week sold all of his shares in the top four US airlines, losing $40BN, he said these companies will chew through money and not recover for years, here in U.K. Virgin announced 3000 redundancies and BA 12,000. Ba are saying it will be 3-5 years before they recover to pre covid flight numbers. 

Your reasoning is way off. Imo people in Pattaya keeps the distance way better than people from Buriram. Why do you think the lockdown and restrictions in Buriram are maybe the toughest in Thailand? Why do you think Pattaya got closed down April 16? Think about that a few minutes before you answer. 

• Like 1

On 5/8/2020 at 10:19 AM, brewsterbudgen said:

Good news.  There will be lots of Thais and expats looking to get away for a few days, particularly from Bangkok.

Mine will be a required “getaway”. Need to exit Thailand an re-enter in order to void the original “O-A” Visa and change over to an “O” Visa.

7 hours ago, TechnikaIII said:

Thanks, but is this July the 1st an official decree or just what Hard Rock Hotel is doing? 

I am not remotely interested in Pattaya, but Thailand in general. I rent a house in Nakhon Sawan province and need to get back there.

Imo, the largest hotels won't open July 1 (if they are allowed to) unless they are 100% sure they will have loads of booked guests in advance. They can't afford to open with just a handful of guests. People overseas don't have the money as before the coronavirus virus situation. Some western countries won't let people travel abroad as before (Australia for example). Tickets will go up at least 50%, many low budget airlines will probably no longer exist. Forget about "normal" tourism during 2020 or even the first 6 months 2021.

Again,this is just my opinion. Correct me if I'm wrong. I just want my local hole in the wall to open up. That's good enough for me. 

14 hours ago, Banana7 said:

HR director at one of the Pattaya big chain hotels today said they are expecting international tourists only in October, at the earliest, when Thailand starts accepting international flight arrivals. 

Was that person suggesting the govt. won't reopen international flights until that far into the future?

Or, that even with international flights open, there won't be many international tourists wanting to travel / travel here for months to come regardless?

7 hours ago, TechnikaIII said:

The emergency decree is in effect until May 31, but maybe it will get extended,no one knows. The July 1 date in combination with hotels opening up is just a qualified guess. Things will happen May 17 regarding national restrictions, but what will happen is unknown. 

7 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Was that person suggesting the govt. won't reopen international flights until that far into the future?

Or, that even with international flights open, there won't be many international tourists wanting to travel / travel here for months to come regardless?

There won't be many tourists travelling anywhere in the near future. 

From what I understand at the moment, Thailand wants domestic tourism to start again first, and also maybe will allow Chinese and south Koreans to come. That's why some hotels are opening up in June and July. But I haven't heard any news about Western tourists, that's still unknown in terms of what Thailand will do, some say July or August Thailand will allow westerns in, some say this year is finished, but it's all just opinions, anything could happen. 

9 hours ago, TechnikaIII said:

July 1st opening is what Hard Rock is scheduled to do, at this time and is informing its employees. It is subject to change based on Government rules, regulations and laws.

• Like 1