THAI Embassy China started to issue visa on May 7: Chinese are coming

JohnBZ

15 minutes ago, JohnBZ said:

Thai Embassy visa section opened in China from May 7 2020.  Visa section Beijing open every Thursday and Monday.

This indicates that Chinese tourists are coming to Thailand soon!

Good news that Thailand will be open soon.  We want Thailand to open so everyone can go in and out and do whatever they like to do.

Yes, fantastic news. Thailand will get all the Chinese tourist now because most other countries will not take them.

Most Chinese come on a 'Visa on arrival', not sure that an announcement of embassy public holidays means a wholesale reopening of Thailand to Chinese.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, twocatsmac said:

Soon they’ll be railroaded in through Laos onward to all corners of Thailand, which is destined to become Chinas holiday camp. 

Spitoons at the ready.

image.jpeg.9b1f2a80105a99efd7978ee85cc2a2ab.jpeg

48 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Most Chinese come on a 'Visa on arrival', not sure that an announcement of embassy public holidays means a wholesale reopening of Thailand to Chinese.

Agreed that there will be no great surge of Chinese tourists any time soon. However, when you consider that a few days back, the health minister had pre-empted the government's next public review due on 17th May by saying that the PM himself had been accepting of the proposal to take China and South Korea off the forbidden travelers list, the ball is rolling on their easy re-entry to Thailand.

28 minutes ago, JohnBZ said:

Just like to be able to go in and out.  Freedom to move, out god given right.

Hmmmm.  Where in Thailand is your "Freedom to move" or go out restricted? 

Never happened as far as I know.  I go out daily, move about freely daily (OK not ON the beach)  Hope businesses can recover after they start opening up more on the 17th.  Need tourists to purchase items and fill the hotels once again.   

The thing is that really not up to Thailand to say yes or no, China says Open Thailand will open covid-19  or not, and beside, Thailand desperately need tourists to come back and spend big and if it will cost more sics and death, so be it...

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Jumbo chilli said:

white europian, white american, white african...etc. Any white europian decendants.

Yes, that is the definition of Caucasian, as I said farang refers to Caucasian

10 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

Hmmmm.  Where in Thailand is your "Freedom to move" or go out restricted? 

Never happened as far as I know.  I go out daily, move about freely daily (OK not ON the beach)  Hope businesses can recover after they start opening up more on the 17th.  Need tourists to purchase items and fill the hotels once again.   

I can't go out at night or I'll be thrown in jail, I can't go to a bar & have a few gargles, I can't go to a club & have a dance or watch some dancers, I can't go for a massage, children can't even go to school.

22 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Agreed that there will be no great surge of Chinese tourists any time soon. However, when you consider that a few days back, the health minister had pre-empted the government's next public review due on 17th May by saying that the PM himself had been accepting of the proposal to take China and South Korea off the forbidden travelers list, the ball is rolling on their easy re-entry to Thailand.

They are starting to talk about, what they refer to as travel bubbles, free travel between countries with similar covid numbers/situations. Australia and New Zealand, Vietnam and Thailand.

Ok.  Then make sure each arrival is assessed this as well: 

The Tourism and Sports Ministry is considering a tax of 300 baht or less per person for foreign arrivals that could cover pandemic insurance, once inbound flights and tourism activities resume in the country.

I bet by July they will start coming in great numbers.

Thailand:

Very low Covid numbers they feel it is safe.

Inexpensive and close.

Almost zero cost tours will be offered.

Pent up demand they do have the limited funds necessary to make a cheap Thailand vacation.

Shanghai recently had 2 million Chinese tourists in a 3 day period.  They are ready to go.

The hordes are coming soon.

Can't wait!! ????

1 hour ago, twocatsmac said:

Soon they’ll be railroaded in through Laos onward to all corners of Thailand, which is destined to become Chinas holiday camp. 

Spitoons at the ready.

The building of the railroad up here in north Laos has gone very quiet - I haven't seen any Chinese workers for a few weeks now.  I'm sure they'll all be back soon to complete the line - it is well-advanced in construction of the track, tunnels and bridges.

15 minutes ago, cyril sneer said:

What about Middle Eastern?

Usually the Thai word is khaek, refers to Indians, Arabs etc. Its slang and can be a little derogatory but often the word that is used.

Edited by Peterw42

17 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

They are starting to talk about, what they refer to as travel bubbles, free travel between countries with similar covid numbers/situations. Australia and New Zealand, Vietnam and Thailand.

In that case, the border between Thailand and Laos should remain closed > 0 deaths in Laos and only 19 cases, with the last Wuhan flu case some 28 days ago.....

• Like 1