When can we return to Thailand?

My wife and I have one year O visas and want to go back to Canada to visit family.  Our fear is we won’t be allowed back into Thailand after our visit.  What is the latest information from Thai Immigration/ authorities for allowing O visa holders back in he country?  My apologies if this type of question has already been asked.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Simple really, right now the airports are closed to international flights then my guess would be if you are coming back from an infected country you will not get into Thailand and if you can enter what will be the requirements? ie, covid insurance and how much cover and a medical certificates the bottom line is Nobody Knows

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Keyser Soze666 said:

Are you going to put up a source or not?? I assume not.

There won't be a source to Laos opening on the 18th May. Mainly because it isn't.

It will be very interesting to see how the opening of borders will happen in the future. Both sides need rules that can work. Thinking quarantine, medical etc won't work. 

As member posted above, my guess that initially it will be freed up for selective countries. Obviously China #1 on that list. 

USA,UK, ect nationals traveling from their home countries will be in for long wait to enter Thailand, especially without quarantine. 

Australia only today had one state announcing that despite country moving to relaxation of restrictions that its own borders are closed to any travel from other states (provience). 

Buckle up.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

There is no latest information.

You may not be able to return to Thailand for quite some time even when borders open. 

Also be aware of any rules that may be imposed such as medical certificate, quarantine, insurance etc.

Not simply available flight.

One can guarantee that someone in a government position will find a way (scam) to make money out of the latest situation.

• Like 2

This is my own perception based on numerous comments I have heard from local Thais and reading between the lines of what the Thai government does or don't do?

I think by the end of this month we will hear what is going to happened regarding arriving or departing flights Internationally but of course don't expect airlines to offer prices and flight availability prior to the Virus.

The Key is what are the requirements going to be when one need to return to Thailand?  Prior to the complete shut down they wanted a health certificate 72 hours prior and health insurance 100,000 baht then when you get here it was added you needed to be quarantine 14 days.

Thais thinking is very racist and prejudice they feel that the main group spreading the virus are the white skin ones to them they are the true farangs although it was the Chinese that started it all. The lock down in Pattaya on Sukhumvit road keeping the Darkside locals from going into town unless they had business is a clear example of it. I heard it before, during and after I'm not going into town even if they open it because of the farangs funny stuff right how I hear this stuff because I'm not white I'm look like one of them and if I don't speak they don't know and you just hear stuff like this all the time ignorant. I wouldn't be surprise they have two standards just like their double pricing????

See they are going to let the Chinese and Korean in next month because they consider them especially the Chinese like a high MP said a few years back " we are brothers " but will they have the economic funds to do so and the KEY what are the restrictions for them will they have to provide any of the stuff I indicated above? What are the countries thereafter allowed and if so the requirements?  As long as there are restrictions if you need to come back I wouldn't leave and even if all of them are off the board Thailand the country you plan to visit make it short because as long as there isn't a vaccine things can close up fast?

Edited by thailand49
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

More than likely when this all clears, if you are coming from a country with a high virus problem you will be well down on the list of being allowed to enter. More than likely the US will be at the bottom when to allow

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jaideecm said:

Laos is opening in full this Monday the 18th.

Source please? 

What about the Thai Consulate Savanakhet? What about coming back in to Thailand. And what requirements for new  non O I wonder.

4 hours ago, EricTh said:

@GRMilne

This is my predictions.

Month of May - no incoming flights from any countries 

Month of June - open to China, South Korea

Month of July - ??

Good info. If the OP is where they want to be (Thailand) don't leave.

Korea wants to open up soon. Perhaps it will be possible to return from Canada

with an intermediate 14 day quarantine in Korea at some time. This is what I am hearing.

Edited by Captain Monday

50 minutes ago, Bogbrush said:

Vietnam? Thailand has issues, but it would take a lot to make me move to a country where a visa is only granted for 30 days...

I go to Saigon every month. Obtain four 3 month multi TV per year. $70usd for each. 

10 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

There is no latest information.

You may not be able to return to Thailand for quite some time even when borders open. 

Also be aware of any rules that may be imposed such as medical certificate, quarantine, insurance etc.

Not simply available flight.

It's not always up to Thailand. For example, Australia has banned all international travel for 6 months (to end of October).