how do you fight a snake?

BananaBandit

1 hour ago, Crossy said:

By far the best way to deal with an unwanted visitor is to leave it alone and call your local snake / monitor / bee / other creatures wrangler.

Your village office will have their number.

The vast majority of snakes are not interested in doing you harm unless you try to harm them.

I was thinking the same,but are they all trustworthy?

We had a beehive on the compressor of our aircon, so we called a company to remove it. A guy came and sprayed a whole can of "Baigon" on the nest, killing all the bees. He then took the honey and placed it in a little plastic box. I pity the people who bought that.

I can't remember how much we paid but I think it was about 1500 Baht.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, petedk said:

I was thinking the same,but are they all trustworthy?

We've never had an incident like you describe but we leave bees alone unless very close to the house.

The wasp man did indeed use a lot of insecticide but no honey to get contaminated.

• Like 1

To me it depends what type of snake it is... Non venomous snakes can carry on with their business... ....Venomous snakes I kill .

And ANY snake that gets into my home is killed on sight ....no appeal no escape ... That's the only way I can sleep at night when a snake has entered my home..

If it becomes a repeat problem buy a 48"+ snake catching device from Lazada for about 1,300 baht.  I don't hurt them but place them over the wall into the heavy bush.  Most are harmless, some  are mildly venomous and a few are very venomous.  You can always go online and find cheap plastic pipe types that snare the snake. Check out one of the snake sites from Thailand and maybe you won't be so afraid of them.  If I get a highly venomous one I may want to relocate it to a better area.

snake catcher.jpg

• Like 2