What's Up With The Duke's?

Ulysses G.

Appears that friends of the Dukes business are trying to gloss over that these are an iffy bunch.

Why would someone of the oil & gas industry in the United States who should be extremely affluent want to come all the way to Thailand and open a cafe?

Many farangs that are under pensionable age staying in Thailand are normally into illegal activities, overwise how else do they get their incomes because Thai law is very strict regarding prohibited professions for farangs.

So far it is kidnapping, what’s next? murder and mayhem I wager.

Appears that friends of the Dukes business are trying to gloss over that these are an iffy bunch.

Why would someone of the oil & gas industry in the United States who should be extremely affluent want to come all the way to Thailand and open a cafe?

Many farangs that are under pensionable age staying in Thailand are normally into illegal activities, overwise how else do they get their incomes because Thai law is very strict regarding prohibited professions for farangs.

I know lots of people here and they are all "legal". Are you trying to to tell us something about yourself perhaps ?? Is that avatar a recent passport photo ? Nice teeth.

You have an interesting habit of taking something about which you know nothing and then making idiotic statements without any factual basis.

1) The guy has been involved in businesses here in Thailand for more than 20 years

2) The Dukes is an established restaurant not a cafe. This is the second site and involves a considerable expenditure in time, money, and effort.

3) I am living here and am under pensionable age as is AussieThaid, Ajaan, cdnvic, Ulysses G and too many others to name. We have real jobs and not one of us are involved in any illegal activity. The reason why we have these jobs is that we have the necessary set of skills, education, and experience to find legal work with the relevant visas and work permits to do so. What about you - what job do you do here?

4) Thailand has and will have in the future murders and some mayhem but this is no different to any other country in the world. So what is your point?

5) UNLESS you have some evidence to support your libelous statements I suggest you think before typing.

If you have something of value and interest then please post it. If it is going to be another wildly unintelligent load of cow droppings then stay in your condo with the pile of DVDs to which you referred in another inane post and keep your opinions there.

CB

Edited by Crow Boy

I would have to guess that they enjoy living in Thailand, but want a place to eat good Western food when they feel the need and also make some extra money by providing it to those of us who miss good Western food. :o

...another wildly unintelligent load of cow droppings then stay in your condo with the pile of DVDs to which you referred in another inane post and keep your opinions there.

CB

Shouldn't that be crow droppings?

You have an interesting habit of taking something about which you know nothing and then making idiotic statements without any factual basis.

1) The guy has been involved in businesses here in Thailand for more than 20 years

2) The Dukes is an established restaurant not a cafe. This is the second site and involves a considerable expenditure in time, money, and effort.

3) I am living here and am under pensionable age as is AussieThaid, Ajaan, cdnvic, Ulysses G and too many others to name. We have real jobs and not one of us are involved in any illegal activity. The reason why we have these jobs is that we have the necessary set of skills, education, and experience to find legal work with the relevant visas and work permits to do so. What about you - what job do you do here?

4) Thailand has and will have in the future murders and some mayhem but this is no different to any other country in the world. So what is your point?

5) UNLESS you have some evidence to support your libelous statements I suggest you think before typing.

If you have something of value and interest then please post it. If it is going to be another wildly unintelligent load of cow droppings then stay in your condo with the pile of DVDs to which you referred in another inane post and keep your opinions there.

CB

Let me see... this post went from the topic of kidnapping, to "Why is the Duke's closed", to a debate of the English language, to the announcement of a new opening, and finally to this!. All under one topic! Gosh I love this forum! :o

CB

Let me see... this post went from the topic of kidnapping, to "Why is the Duke's closed", to a debate of the English language, to the announcement of a new opening, and finally to this!. All under one topic! Gosh I love this forum! :D

If I was laying out over 200,000 Baht rent a month for that new place I'd be glad of any publicity. Gotta admire his optimism :o

So far it is kidnapping, what's next? murder and mayhem I wager.

This guy is a Troll, and people should not feed him or he will keep on with his crap.