Thailand ‘State of Emergency’ may be extended

webfact

10 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Domestic tourism may help a few out but international tourism is gone for this year.

Yes but not only coz of Thailand's measures. Politicians have **** up almost everywhere abound the world.

• Like 2

He never wanted to remove the State of Emergency in the first place.

Now he has a reason to keep it going indefinitely. He'll probably say it can't go until we have 6 consecutive months with no cases, then with a couple of days to go in the final month a case will miraculously appear from nowhere, giving him the reason to extend again.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

What part of  quarantining everyone coming in do they not understand? Why would businesspersons be allowed? Are they immune to carrying Covid? Let anyone come in and be quarantined. If they won't, they stay out until Covid is more under control. You can come from Italy or the USA and be free and come in from Cambodia and start another wave. It seems to be somewhat under control here so open things up, make masks mandatory and keep social distancing . Covid isn't going away, and will return this next flu season. Stringent measures yes, but to keep losing jobs isn't going to be nothing short of a disaster for the world. Cancel Songkran this year, or let it happen and see 100's die drunk on the road.

Edited by fredwiggy
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, PumpkinEater said:

Require a test to inbound tourists, but get this country up and running IMHO.

Well ... if there would be one ????

You might want to look into this whole "test" issue !

Then you would also find out that the "outbreak" will never end !

Ever heard about validation of a test ? Never happened in this case !!!

False positives ? About 1% ? .... you test 1000 people and 10 will be positive just because of the test ????

They didn't even isolate the virus yet ... so much about Science in this case !!!

Google: Dr. Andrew Kaufmann

Edited by brain150
  • Like 1

its 99% that the immigration ban will be extended. all airlines have already canceled all london - bangkok flights for july. The airlines are told in advance whats happening. It looks to be an October start to me.

Edited by djuiiy
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, djuiiy said:

its 99% that the immigration ban will be extended. all airlines have already canceled all london - bangkok flights for july. The airlines are told in advance whats happening. It looks to be an October start to me.

more like never

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dave moir said:

I smell a rat!!!! Why is there only pubs mentioned when talking about maybe having to close quickly in the case of a second wave?

Why are the government so anti bars?

Because they have nothing to do with keeping their income stream up.

• Like 2

is it me, or is all this crappe just becoming boring and monotonous? about to, plan to, may do etc. etc. Could we not just have news reports on things that have actually happened, hence they are news, rather than constant speculative not news yet. I understand it is easier to translate government propaganda as its relentless selling but it would be better to actually get out there, find out what's going on and report it, a bit like news reporters they portray in movies, or has everyone forgotten how to do this ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, maddermax said:

I'm retired here. I need to travel to Hong Kong in the next 30 days. If I manage to get a flight will I have to undergo the 14 day quarantine on return having already been locked down for 3 months?

They are not letting retirees in at moment so it will be a one way trip out if you go.

Edited by MJKT2014
  • Like 1

I don’t expect international flights to resume in July.  I had a flight booked to the US and back for late July.  Two days ago Cathay Pacific cancelled the Hong Kong to Bangkok flight and could not provide another flight.  I cancelled the entire trip.  It’s too bad since I was going to attend a school reunion.

• Like 1

They can open the border to whoever they want.. nobody will be paying 30-60K to be quarantined for 14 days... most people who come here on holiday probably only come here for 14 days anyway. Would be a nice surprise to find out you will be spending your entire time in the land of smiles under quarantine.

• Like 1

“We also have to see if other countries will open their skies. Things will become much clearer in the next week or two,” he said. 

they seem to have no idea which countries have resumed normal flights already for weeks !

• Like 1

20 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

I just want to be able to fly out and back in either internationally or within the Asean countries.  I wonder if that will be on the table or not.  

For interest, if it helps you plan for the future, Air Asia's on-line booking system is now operational and there are bargain fares. For example, I want to fly from Siem Reap to Chiang Mai in November on a "Fly-Thru" ticket. Several flights to choose from (via DMK) all at 164 US$ (about 4,900 baht) RETURN.

• Confused 1