Why do thai men let the girlfriends work in bar

32 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Buying into the long con I see.  

She is my friend but not good enough friend to go question what she is doing lol. I do know her and I know they havent been together long, she was with an ozzy guy before and has a kid with, then with someone from u.k. Im just using her story as an example. I know loads of thai guys let their long term gf do it and it just amazes me.

Well, different cultures.

Prostitution (mind you, working in a bar doesn't systematically equal to that) is not perceived as a vile job (even though it is not legal in Thailand). On the contrary it brings bread to the family members whether they are husbands  or parents

This being said, the same goes for guys, who, for some, have girlfriends, usually doing the same job I concede, so why should you only point at one gender working in the industry ? (rhetorical)

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Simple equation really, Farangs= money, drunk Farangs= even more money in tips and extras, sweet life, get the GF work in a bar and me sitting here watching telly drinking me beer and smoking me a reefer...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

On a more anecdotical side, in fact and at least in Pattaya a lot of the ''boyfriends'' are

''girlfriends'', there are a lot of couple girl\girl. you can see the ''tom'' come pick their

fiancees at the closure of the a gogos late in the night.

If that's right it is a terrible loss of opportunity.

3 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

"You can have my body, but you can't have my soul" type of thing..

Correct... and they might ask of Westerners the same question in reverse, selling their souls for a few dollars.. but they accept... 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, daphnia88 said:

There are still waitresses.... Maids.... Nannies..... they can get a job fairly quickly if they want to. It just won't be a quick 2k made within 4 hours.... Which then proves my point. Money wins over everything else. 

from what i have seen and been told the vast majority do not have Thai boyfriends, why would they?

the place were they work has security, and in general i have not heard of much trouble.

they also earn more than 2k a pop (in Bangkok they get some customers who have lots of influence in Thailand, and lots of money, but they tend to pay less than your average punter) 5k-10k is closer to what your Farang punter pays and these girls will have a few regulars who send money each month. 

right now everything is shut so they are just waiting in their rooms, there are a few online services currently asking for ladies as they say its the new way....but time will tell and i can not see it closing completely. 

• Haha 1

When open walk down the side sois off Walking Street around 7 pm 100's of Gogo girls on the back of motorbikes being dropped off by their Thai bf.  A kiss goodbye see you tomorrow and off they go to work.

I assume the bf is fine with all of it as he wants the money she makes for booze, cigarettes, partying and gambling.

• Like 1

The mangda boyfriends are generally lazy but just love the easy money. Why wouldn't they stay home and get out of it with their mates when they can send the gik out to hawk her crotch!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, tribalfusion001 said:

Once a girl has had 100+ customers then the work is easy, the skilled ones will make sure you don't last long. Although I've never met a Thai man who has a hooker for a girlfriend. I know a few farang who have had one working in a go go bar and come back to them at the end of her shift with some money and a big mac.

as well as giving them some of the special sauce for the Big Mac...

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

5k-10k is closer to what your Farang punter pays

On what planet?

on planet proper Establishment in Bangkok with proper birds not some dingy Pattaya ****hole

go-go's in Pattaya have been quoting 2k-4k including bar fine   

birds in your local beer bar have been asking 1k-1.5k + for about three years 

i have seen girls banking 200 k in two months before this Covid-19 broke

these young ladies are buying land and investing their money the last thing they want

is a Thai boyfriend.

3 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Anyone reading this thread would think that prostitutes in the west don't also have boyfriends, lesbian lovers or husbands.  Why should Thai prostitutes be any different?

Thats the age old question that can only be answered succinctly with another question.

How many men in the west get married to there Western Prostitute vs. How many western men marry their Thai working bar girl?

51 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Anyone reading this thread would think that prostitutes in the west don't also have boyfriends, lesbian lovers or husbands.  Why should Thai prostitutes be any different?

I'm not sure why they should be different, but they definitely are.

Used to work near Kings Cross station, walking past was often approached, was never tempted ..... they looked 'diseased'.

Beer bars/gogos in Pattaya, completely different class of girl.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, zoza said:

i have seen girls banking 200 k in two months before this Covid-19 broke

these young ladies are buying land and investing their money the last thing they want

is a Thai boyfriend.

You “have seen “. ........or they have told you?

Edited by Kadilo