Bad News from Cambodia

Just now, tlandtday said:

nothing but a money grab good lucking getting any of it back...  of course this is peanuts for all the Chinese "gamblers" headed to Snooky to launder their money....

yes. And also think like this: You go for a new NON-O ... 14 days in laos or cambodia and another 14 days in thailand... 28 days... damn

• Sad 2

2 minutes ago, BritTim said:

For countries with an elimination strategy for Covid-19, I think such conditions will be pretty standard. Within a few months, I expect travel bubbles to be negotiated which allow easier travel between certain countries that are virus free. This might, for instance, allow quarantine free travel between Thailand and Cambodia. The earliest I think this might happen is around September.

Are you keeping your fingers crossed ????

• Haha 2

Let me add up another thing. Lets say Laos will do the same things or Thailand. Now imagine how many people can bring 3000$ with them. Also many people staying in thailand already started to ask money from their parents or friends. 

It will be a nightmare for the people in my situation: After july, go to Laos to get a new NON-O visa. 14 days in laos + 3000$. We all know that a very normal level hotel is around 400-500 baht in Savanakhet.. Daily food and so on.. you will spend min 1000 baht per day. dude... 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Boomer6969 said:

And this would be applied based on the nationality of the passport, of course. Please don't raise the expectations of visa runners. 

I'm afraid it would have to be. Imagine the queues backing up if the IO had to flick through each passport to check each arrival, claiming to have come from a CV-19 free country where he/she has spent the previous 14 days.

3 minutes ago, PerkinsCuthbert said:

I'm afraid it would have to be. Imagine the queues backing up if the IO had to flick through each passport to check each arrival, claiming to have come from a CV-19 free country where he/she has spent the previous 14 days.

Isn't the travel history in the computer they use based on passport number? Or is it just for the individual's history for that particular nation?

2 minutes ago, vermin on arrival said:

Isn't the travel history in the computer they use based on passport number? Or is it just for the individual's history for that particular nation?

As a general rule, a country's immigration system only contains the traveller's immigration history for that country. Countries do not routinely share this information. There are probably some exceptions. The US has paid for equipment used by immigration of some countries, and I am almost certain the quid pro quo is access to their immigration data.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, ukrules said:

I guess that's the end of any and all tourism to Cambodia until this is over.

What I don't understand is the need for both cash and insurance, why not just insurance?

Obviously with cash there's a lot more room for corruption.

I was going to make that point too - the insurance (as long as it includes Covid) would seem to be far more reasonable...well, by comparison anyway ????

And to  @Pilotman despite all the stupidity going on in UK at present, I still feel more comfortable in UK at this time. At least our stupid idiots in charge don't have quite as many knee-jerk reactions as Asian stupid idiots in charge seem to! (Can I still say that, or is it too racist?) 

• Like 1