Pattaya: Beach arrangements are a shining example for others to follow, says Covid-19 bigwig

webfact

Pattaya: Beach arrangements are a shining example for others to follow, says Covid-19 bigwig

103155544_3258554730832105_1421081902672043228_o.jpg

Picture: Sophon Cable TV

Pattaya has been praised for its arrangements in handling the reopening of its beaches by a senior government official who came to inspect the resort. 

Jakkrarat Pitayawonganon, responsible for the government's response to the coronavirus pandemic, was in town to meet with Pattaya mayor and his officials at the town hall before going on a tour of duty to the beaches. 

103496885_3258555184165393_5158811070719846745_o.jpg

Picture: Sophon Cable TV

There he found the operators of deckchair businesses following all the social distancing, mask wearing, litter collecting, disinfecting, gel and soap supplying and patron limiting rules. 

He declared that Pattaya was a "prototype" for all others to follow, as reported by Sophon Cable TV on Facebook. 

Source: Sophon Cable TV

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-06-17

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Always has been.

Just think if every country had a Pattaya.  Men especially would be so much happier.

Greatest place on earth.

If every country had one there wouldn't be any need to come to Thailand so my guess there would be no Pattaya

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

Don't they still pump sewage straight into the sea, condoms and all?

Probably but after six weeks of complaining about not being able to go on the beach people forgot that. They'll be back when they think everyone has forgotten the original complaint.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bluesofa said:

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

I'm sure all the operators had been instructed in detail - almost upon pain of death - to do everything absolutely correctly - or else.

I'm saying that as someone who ran a business there. Everyone within the civil service knows exactly what's happening in advance, so have the opportunity for a 'face-making' occasion.

As with many things, illusion is the hallmark of government.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, webfact said:

There he found the operators of deckchair businesses following all the social distancing, mask wearing, litter collecting, disinfecting, gel and soap supplying and patron limiting rules. 

Which is exactly why tourism will never recover.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, connda said:

Which is exactly why tourism will never recover.

Agreed. Way too many rules. It seems officials are being ecstatic by being able to implement as many rules as they can. They must feel very important in doing so ????

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ChipButty said:

If every country had one there wouldn't be any need to come to Thailand so my guess there would be no Pattaya

A bit deep, but where would Thailand's Pattaya be then?

21 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Not everywhere has the attraction of light fingered thieving ladyboys on Beach Rd like Pattaya!

11 hours ago, Thunder26 said:

Agreed. Way too many rules. It seems officials are being ecstatic by being able to implement as many rules as they can. They must feel very important in doing so

It's for one day only, same as all other Thai rules about Health and Safety.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, DukPattaya said:

Thirty years of coming to Pattaya, I found the beach concessions did a great job keeping their areas clean. Supplying garbage cans, raking the beach, offering ashtrays and warning of water hazards like jelly-fish.

Please tell us all which particular part of the beach you found the things you mention, and in which of your 30 years.

14 hours ago, DukPattaya said:

Thirty years of coming to Pattaya, I found the beach concessions did a great job keeping their areas clean. Supplying garbage cans, raking the beach, offering ashtrays and warning of water hazards like jelly-fish.

I have been coming longer and I recall areas on the beach I used, yes the operators cleared up at the end of the day, but simply threw all the trash into the sea away from their area. I recall the pathways down to the Beach were often badly littered and nobody seemed to attend to that.

I just commented on the article about closing off the beach and people needing to sign in. This is crazy. There is no one at the beach. I walked from Central to Soi Post Office yesterday and the only people there were the workers, Coconut Bar girls and guys trying to sell marijuana. Maybe 4 or 5 tourists. 

16 hours ago, Thunder26 said:

Agreed. Way too many rules. It seems officials are being ecstatic by being able to implement as many rules as they can. They must feel very important in doing so ????

The New Normal:

Decimate the tourism industry and then stamp the life out of any green shoots attempting to break ground with copious amounts of new rules, dictates, and bureaucratic mumbo-jumbo. 

Once International travel is again allowed, make the process of entering Thailand such a painful gauntlet of rules and edicts that foreign tourist simply never return with perhaps the exception of China whose citizens will be issued special dispensation. 

In the meanwhile, claim stellar success and brilliant leadership when tourism revenues increase by a fraction of what "Normal" used to be based solely on "domestic tourism" (who needs stinking farangs!) and Chinese zero-baht tours (and hope the Chinese have forgotten that pesky Phoenix boat-accident incident).