Thailand’s impressive battle against COVID-19 result of decades-long efforts

rooster59

17 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

There was even a thread here on TVF, that was started by somebody who inquired if Covid 19 was in Pattaya in November.

The question was asked, as around that time, there were so  many people who were sick with what now appears could ( repeat could ) have been symptoms of Covid19.

I myself, and my wife were very sick for about a Month in late October / Early November with these symptoms.

Yeah, probably the one with the G614D mutation.

Thailand got lucky. Nothing to do with the usurpers (in)actions.

7 hours ago, ezzra said:

Not really, no way you can prepare a nation of 70 million people to a pandemic... is just that Thai people have taken this threat more seriously than most other countries around the world and acted accordingly, where in ma many countries people throw cation to the wind Thai people are still wearing masks and mindful of the virus coming back...

210620_170136.jpg

Vietnam made Thailand look silly. Don't see the point here. And l don't think the Thai numbers are genuine sorry.

Vietnam will open because there smart and not racist..Thai can sing in Thai but they will suffer greatly in English 5000 baht that few received..  Fake news more army proporganda for suckers. ASK the starving Thais no jobs because of there racist hiso stance ????????????

Edited by tomauasia
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

There was even a thread here on TVF, that was started by somebody who inquired if Covid 19 was in Pattaya in November.

The question was asked, as around that time, there were so  many people who were sick with what now appears could ( repeat could ) have been symptoms of Covid19.

I myself, and my wife were very sick for about a Month in late October / Early November with these symptoms.

Taiwan News said that it may have started spreading with the Asian Games in October

https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/3932712

• Like 1

The WHO just had 94% US funding pulled due to Incompetence and Corruption. 

Fauchi will be charged soon.

100% scam. There is no danger. Statistics are fiction. Don’t need vaccine. Don’t take it.

2nd wave just power grab. Just chill.

we will be rid of this in Dec. Then LOS can truly go back to business.

Enjoy the show.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

I agree with the last statement. There is just no way to hide the sickness, and the death, if it was happening on a significant scale. Not in this day and age. Not with social media.

Thailand beat this thing, fair and square, and I give them alot of credit for that. Covid is gone from Thailand. As much as many panic mongers seemed to wish for it, the Zombie Apocalypse is NOT going to happen here. And I do agree Thailand has very good health care. I would MUCH rather be sick and in the hospital here, than in the hapless USA. Especially when cost is taken into account. I have seen and met alot of very good doctors here, and they give you five or ten minutes, not 80 seconds like in the US. I read one account of a guy in the US who was uninsured, in the hospital for a few weeks with Covid, and handed a bill for $411,000 when he left. 

If there is a second wave here, it is going to come from outside of the country. Let us hope and pray that does not happen. The people and the economy cannot afford a second economic shutdown. 

Good post, I especially agree with the last paragraph! Let's hope that the Government/PM see it the same way, and cancel this needless State of Emergency, but keep tabs on ALL visitors, and EVERYBODY (Bar girls, bar owners, hoteliers, restauranteurs etc etc)  can help to get things back to as near normal as possible. 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, tomauasia said:

Vietnam made Thailand look silly. Don't see the point here. And l don't think the Thai numbers are genuine sorry.

Vietnam will open because there smart and not racist..Thai can sing in Thai but they will suffer greatly in English 5000 baht that few received..  Fake news more army proporganda for suckers. ASK the starving Thais no jobs because of there racist hiso stance ????????????

Exactly, Vietnam is the future.

Thais will learn a lesson, but it might be too late.

12 minutes ago, Pancho said:

The WHO just had 94% US funding pulled due to Incompetence and Corruption. 

Fauchi will be charged soon.

100% scam. There is no danger. Statistics are fiction. Don’t need vaccine. Don’t take it.

2nd wave just power grab. Just chill.

we will be rid of this in Dec. Then LOS can truly go back to business.

Enjoy the show.

There is no second wave in the US. The first wave never ended. 

The LOS is a completely different matter. It is over here. Dead. Gone. Buried. Let it go people! Let the Thai people get on with their lives and let them earn a living!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Percy P said:

Same with me .No problem with lockdown. I hear from my friend in Australia that their has been extended until next year on their lockdown. A long lockdown is better then having a lockdown 6 foot under.

Then wait until the world economy collapses. 

• Like 2

I think Thailand was just one of the 'lucky countries' where not many infected persons or carriers arrived here from Wuhan in the early days, giving them time to take the necessary precautions. Of course there are those cases including deaths that were mis-diagnosed due to the unavailability of test-kits or lack of knowledge on the part of medical practitioners issuing Life Extinct and Cause of Death Certificates, and may never have made the reportable incidents of the virus as required once the numbers reach the minimum threshold for compulsory notification to their Health Department which is passed onto the WHO for Global recording and publication which forms the basis if whether it is classified as an endemic or pandemic...lets hope there is no resurgent of the virus. Kudos to Thai people as they are a very compliant, obedient and caring people.

Edited by tandor

8 hours ago, mfd101 said:

Um, yes, such splendid examples of open, transparent, non-corrupt modern democracies - Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia ...

Even so, comparing UK and TH, with similar populations, it’s inconceivable for corruption to account for the difference between around 50,000 and 50 deaths respectively.

7 hours ago, pantsonfire said:

It appears they have controlled it. Life is back to normal

Thai bars in sukhumvit are open again with no social distancing.

Most of the bars are still closed, but they should open soon.

Lots of maintenance activities ongoing and hopefully it turns to normal again.

I miss the vibrant nightlife. I am not out every night, but it is nice to know you can go out, if you feel like. ...Off topic, I know.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, rooster59 said:

It has taken Thailand more than 50 years to develop the healthcare system whose strengths shone out in the global fight against COVID-19.

Wow.  Really indulging in the self-congratulatory back-slapping here 'eh?  :dry: 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tomauasia said:

Fake news more army proporganda for suckers.

You are the fake news.

4 months I read on TVF about how

Thailand have so many deaths (fake news)

hide the deaths (confused with U.K, not in Thailand.)

masks not work (fake news, they work)

thailand not testing (test so much, first case in world outside China because TESTING)

Thaichana system not work (it work well. Confused U.K. again)

This OP is report that Thailand is 2nd in world, the Aussie is number 1, but many member complain and moan.

More people die TODAY covid in U.K. and USA etc than TOTAL in Thailand.

ASK the starving Thais

Starving Thais ? Pfffft. BS

Nobody starving in Thailand. 

If you find, I will ask them.

Have a link?

no jobs because of there racist hiso stance ????????????

Racist? USA, UK, Australia all fighting racism protests today. Last week. Burning, fighting, stealing.

And in Thailand? 

have a link?

Thai people work hard together to fight covid. 

Other country fight each other black and white, left and right, refuse the rule etc. = lose to covid. = thai people still must worry about covid

Not be selfish please.

A3353AEF-A417-4E8F-9708-72ED9F882584.jpeg

385D1872-BCB6-47AD-A7A1-895F6939A8FD.jpeg

C11A8299-CAE4-48EB-9929-BD831D829D36.jpeg

82FA522A-8EFB-418F-882D-B0D7DAF7A5AF.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 2

It's not to do with the healthcare, it's the way it was handled, closed borders etc which seems to have worked and we'll done...I doubt though, the Thai healthcare system would have coped if it had anywhere near the numbers UK has with a similar sized population.

5 hours ago, Krataiboy said:

They are largely ineffective in terms of protection against viruses anyway, and if worn for long periods are unhealthy and even dangerous to people like the elderly with compromised respiratory systems.

Yest Thailand did far better then the UK one of the worst hit countries.. worst hit response of many in Europe. 

Thai lock-down worked as did lock-down in other countries around asia combined with face masks. The Brits no masks no lock-down and one of the worst hit in Europe. All the countries that imposed a fast and hash lockdown got of well. The UK with their incompetent goverment was far to slow and failed. 

Netherlands did not do that well but at least a lot better then the UK, but Thaiand did far better then both of them. You can hide infection numbers but not deaths. Facts remain Thailand, Vietnam and others with their harsh and fast lockdown and masks did far better then Europe.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, steelepulse said:

So all the other countries bordering Thailand have also been preparing for so long and have the same health care standards?  Seems the bordering countries have fared just as well if not better.

Not just Thailand and its neighbours, all the countries in SE Asia, Far East, and Oceania have fared well. There must be a mild form of the virus circulating in this part of the world. Which is surprising given the close links with China. hmm.

34 minutes ago, Yinn said:

You are the fake news.

4 months I read on TVF about how

Thailand have so many deaths (fake news)

hide the deaths (confused with U.K, not in Thailand.)

masks not work (fake news, they work)

thailand not testing (test so much, first case in world outside China because TESTING)

Thaichana system not work (it work well. Confused U.K. again)

This OP is report that Thailand is 2nd in world, the Aussie is number 1, but many member complain and moan.

More people die TODAY covid in U.K. and USA etc than TOTAL in Thailand.

Starving Thais ? Pfffft. BS

Nobody starving in Thailand. 

If you find, I will ask them.

Have a link?

Racist? USA, UK, Australia all fighting racism protests today. Last week. Burning, fighting, stealing.

And in Thailand? 

have a link?

Thai people work hard together to fight covid. 

Other country fight each other black and white, left and right, refuse the rule etc. = lose to covid. = thai people still must worry about covid

Not be selfish please.

A3353AEF-A417-4E8F-9708-72ED9F882584.jpeg

385D1872-BCB6-47AD-A7A1-895F6939A8FD.jpeg

C11A8299-CAE4-48EB-9929-BD831D829D36.jpeg

82FA522A-8EFB-418F-882D-B0D7DAF7A5AF.jpeg

I stay at (my mostly fancy) home for you (likes on my social media account) ... I find all this social media "don't forget about me" b@ll@cks(worldwide) quite sickening ...  

Edited by CraigInBangkok
  • Like 2