Android Based POS/Invoicing Software

I am in the process of setting up a retail shop and I need some POS software that allows me to generate invoices on the fly.

Ideally something that we could use on an android tablet that would allow us to walk around from item to item with an Android tablet in hand, even more ideally would support Thai language.

It would be doubly awesome if the software could also act as a gateway to process credit crads, but I'm maybe dreaming a bit there...

Any recommendations?

TIA.

You'll want to keep some things in mind while you're looking.

• Is the cost of "system" a one-time-purchase or an ongoing subscription, or worse, percentage of sales made
  • Is it all local hardware/software or does it require an Internet-based back-end
  • How many SKUs (individual product description items and pricing) does the system manage (will its MAX be enough)
  • How difficult is it to add your own barcodes (for products that don't have them pre-printed), or update large amount of product info/pricing -- Some allow a PC connection to edit the system database
  • Does it handle date-scheduled item discount sales (or must you always process them manually) 
  • Do you want it to track inventory sold / remaining on hand?

I've seen MAKRO have POS terminals for sale but never really looked over the specs.

For an 'Android' solution, there are quite a few POS solutions on the play store, many geared for the restaurant or retail trade. I played with a few demos years ago but none really struck my fancy. I've always wanted an android open-source low-cost solution.

Edited by RichCor