UK ready to quit EU on 'Australia terms' if no Brexit deal, Johnson says

rooster59

On 6/30/2020 at 8:57 AM, vinny41 said:

Latest UK Voting Intention (25 June)

Compared to last week, Boris Johnson increased his lead over Keir Starmer from 12% to 19% in a straight contest as to whom respondents would prefer as Prime Minister.

https://redfieldandwiltonstrategies.com/latest-uk-voting-intention-25-june/

13 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Stock reaction when people get things wrong, start claiming lies.

You should read your Post 407 again.

Stock answer from someone that claims something that isn't true

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Its a question of who Johnson and the Brexiteers want to sell out?

Is it the fishermen or is it the City of London?

You cant keep both.

I burn a big  candle & ???? to let them choose to keep the fish ….. and sell out the city ….????

Edited by david555
  • Confused 2

20 minutes ago, transam said:

Are you not being a little silly now.....?  ????

Oh it  is becoming fun ...now near the end game , you never satisfied ?..as i choose not to sell out your national pride ..the fish ...????

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, david555 said:

No need to buy city ....just handling the euro passporting ourself...????????

And stopping your acces to Europe financial handling as now ...Barnier wrote a nice letter to explain the inevitable... ????

That doesn't matter, no apron strings for the UK, but if you need a nanny, that's fine, but you have to pay for your nanny, and for sure you will be paying more in the not to distant future............... ????............................????

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, david555 said:

Oh it  is becoming fun ...now near the end game , you never satisfied ?..as i choose not to sell out your national pride ..the fish ...????

No, it's becoming silly, from an EU bloke that knows, but will not say, his bank balance will be hit now the Brits have gone..????

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Loiner said:

That may be the previous and current status, but after the transition period things will change. That's why we left you know - to change things. UK legislation could suddenly change which affects everybody. Remember the Icelandic legislation changes?

It has nothing to do with the EU and Brexit. The EU only sets quota, not how fishing rights are allocated. Fishing rights have been managed according to UK law.  Each EU country has its own domestic law to manage fishing rights. Nothing ever prevented UK to change it before Brexit. Actually, it did change several times since the creation of the CFP. Unfortunately, it has not been made in the interest of small fishermen.

https://unearthed.greenpeace.org/2019/03/07/fishing-brexit-uk-fleetwood/

As about quotas, there will always be quotas to protect fish stock, whoever decides about it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, david555 said:

Always same tax thing you use ...i dont have problem with my tax country , and no frozen pension as some ...another good thing from my E.U country , and not using a illegal adress in my country , they know i live official in Thailand for them .

Dont worry about my tax situation ....i never am in need to use an agent for my staying in Thailand status mr Transam .....for not having funds

I drove long before you USA cars ...my pride was a Oldsmobile Cutlass supreme ... 5.7 V8  ...you know the one in lime green with that leather roof ...????

just told as a neside matter Mr Transsam    and i dont need it as a nick name on avatar ...to make impression

As you ????

I think I have touched a spot....????

Oh, and your avatar seems to be about money, EU money, yeh, you worry about your money alright.....????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Nigel Garvie said:

They don't need our financial services, they have their own.

Would you care to expand on exactly which financial services you are referring to when you make this statement? Because there are many financial services, such as investment banking, derivatives exchanges, OTC trading, etc. where the EU definitely does NOT have anything even remotely approaching the financial depth of the London markets. How about the reinsurance market?  I would expect Lloyds has their hands in much of the EU's insurance industry.

I think EU companies will definitely be hurt if they can no longer easily access some of the financial services that London offers. Yes, these can eventually be built in Berlin or even Paris, but it could take years or decades. Investors don't just establish new accounts for fun. They will need to be woo'ed and there has to be a realistic incentive in order to move their funds.

It is easy to say the EU does not need the financial services of the UK in theory. But I wonder how true that statement is in reality.

• Thanks 1

And I was thinking  I touched a nerve …. ????

But  For 1 once you are right

…. about my avatar …  after I entered Thailand 2009 I brought cash €'s planned for buying condo, and Kasikorn gave me by opening 47.50 (approx.) ….,but  month's later it started the serious  decline for several reasons ….. as that moment started the serious  decline for both our currency's  …. so I looked for a symbolic avatar , found this one ,and another the € in water with a life save belt ….. choose the parachute ….found nicer looking  LOL  , (now I would say I feared to be in U.K. waters ...OH horror ..! LOL )

That is the story about the Golden Euro on parachute avatar ...Not that my Euros come by parachute ….but yes by air .. in a airplane 

In case you would like to bring also legally money to Thailand , here the doc.

…..but hurry as 31 December midnight you are a third country and can not use those forms , unless you are Irish or any other E.U. nationality, just click on country of wish 

https://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/individuals/cash-controls/how-declare_en

Do you have a wheelbarrow near Schipol? 555

• Haha 1

And I was thinking  I touched a nerve …. ????

But  For 1 once you are right

…. about my avatar …  after I entered Thailand 2009 I brought cash €'s planned for buying condo, and Kasikorn gave me by opening 47.50 (approx.) ….,but  month's later it started the serious  decline for several reasons ….. as that moment started the serious  decline for both our currency's  …. so I looked for a symbolic avatar , found this one ,and another the € in water with a life save belt ….. choose the parachute ….found nicer looking  LOL  , (now I would say I feared to be in U.K. waters ...OH horror ..! LOL )

That is the story about the Golden Euro on parachute avatar ...Not that my Euros come by parachute ….but yes by air .. in a airplane 

In case you would like to bring also legally money to Thailand , here the doc.

…..but hurry as 31 December midnight you are a third country and can not use those forms , unless you are Irish or any other E.U. nationality, just click on country of wish 

https://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/individuals/cash-controls/how-declare_en

How interesting.............????

4 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Do you have a wheelbarrow near Schipol? 555

Some English expressions just pass my understanding ….

I know what is a wheelbarrow in real meaning AND in a kind of politc help meaning , neither fit me as with proper documents you can handle any cash amount out of Europe and in to Thailand ….

If that is the underlying tone of your remark ?

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Really?

Without passporting rights to the EU the City is over. All that revenue gone.

Without access to the EU markets the fishing industry is gone. All that revenue gone.

Which one are you going to sell out Nauseus?

Tick Tock. 

Another blinkered belief that the City of London relies solely on the EU for its existence. 

EU countries will buy the fish....if there's any left to spare. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1