Drunk soldier shoots policeman as he tries to pull him out of flipped car

snoop1130

All this discussion about drugs, the guy was drunk nothing more nothing less. Don't you think they would test a murder suspect on more then just alcohol. Especially as the guy killed a cop. One would expect them to go above and beyond. Especially as the guy is a nobody not someone important.

I guess a lot of alcohol users are in denial and I dont mean the river in Egypt. 

Some even bring in steroids in the discussion while roids might cause people to be double as likely to commit violence (shown by research) for alcohol its up to 5 times more likely as those who don't use alcohol. 

Edited by robblok

15 hours ago, robblok said:

Alcohol and violence goes hand in hand. Not like ganja where they only assault a mars bar.

Alcohol plus guns even worse. 

Thankfully most people can drink and not get aggressive but a size able group still can't control themselves when drinking. Really scary.

I once had an encounter with a drunk cop, guy pulled his gun and i got away. Drunk and guns.. recipe for disaster. 

I am 76 and have been drunk quite a few times in my life. I could be described as a sleepy drunk as that is what I do. Never hit anyone in my life and as for carrying or using a gun, drunk or sober, that would never happen to me.

25 years in the military drummed into me, 

NEVER point a loaded weapon at anybody unless you are ordered to or to save your own life or that of your mates.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I am 76 and have been drunk quite a few times in my life. I could be described as a sleepy drunk as that is what I do. Never hit anyone in my life and as for carrying or using a gun, drunk or sober, that would never happen to me.

25 years in the military drummed into me, 

NEVER point a loaded weapon at anybody unless you are ordered to or to save your own life or that of your mates.

I am a sleepy drunk too, however there is a big group that gets violent after drinking. Lots of studies done about that. Far more violence from alcohol then from weed for instance. 

Same goes for steroids, 2x more likely to commit violence when doing steroids while with alcohol it goes up to 5 times or more. Just read the studies and be open minded. 

I love articles like this as it shows the close minded alcohol lovers that their drug is far more dangerous then many other drugs. While they always look down on any other drug use.

I don't have a problem with people drinking. They just should not be so closed minded as to look down on weed as it causes far less violence and problems then alcohol does. 

46 minutes ago, robblok said:

I am a sleepy drunk too, however there is a big group that gets violent after drinking. Lots of studies done about that. Far more violence from alcohol then from weed for instance. 

Same goes for steroids, 2x more likely to commit violence when doing steroids while with alcohol it goes up to 5 times or more. Just read the studies and be open minded. 

I love articles like this as it shows the close minded alcohol lovers that their drug is far more dangerous then many other drugs. While they always look down on any other drug use.

I don't have a problem with people drinking. They just should not be so closed minded as to look down on weed as it causes far less violence and problems then alcohol does. 

I stopped drinking alcohol at the beginning of June. I found it harder to get upstairs at night and generally walking around.

Since then my kneecaps feel better and I find it easier to get upstairs.

I still have wine, whisky, rum etc lying around if/whenever I want a drink but TBH I am not bothered any more.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ubon farang said:

Just one question Why would a soldier be having a loaded gun. In Aus Only loaded guns soldiers carry is when they are learning how to shoot at the rifle range. Sorry for the cop.

Are you new to Thailand?

Many Thai males carry guns especially in their vehicles.

• Like 1

Just now, Scott Tracy said:

A sergeant, at 23 years of age...? Is this why the Thai army is so top heavy?

Age and rank have no correlation. It’s about the age you join and how switched on you are.

21 hours ago, Leaver said:

It's stories like these that make you wonder why you have chosen Thailand to retire to. 

Drunk and armed Thai's in the community with such a sense of entitlement.  The soldier is a disgrace to the uniform.  

Had a very drunk policeman waving his gun about on an overnight train once. Scary stuff....

1 minute ago, jacko45k said:

Had a very drunk policeman waving his gun about on an overnight train once. Scary stuff....

A few times I have been in a bar when police have come in and started drinking.  I don't make and obvious rush for the door, but with some haste, finish my drink, pay the bill, and leave.   Not worth being around if they start to argue or want to exert their authority on the nearest farang.  

20 hours ago, robblok said:

Alcohol and violence goes hand in hand. Not like ganja where they only assault a mars bar.

Thankfully most people can drink and not get aggressive but a size able group still can't control themselves when drinking. Really scary.

I once had an encounter with a drunk cop, guy pulled his gun and i got away. Drunk and guns.. recipe for disaster. 

Is this from your own experiences...I do recall you told us you did indulge in puff, but I reckon puff or anything works different on different people.

I mean, if I have had a few beers I get up and sing, but another who has had a few beers might give me a right-hander cos he doesn't like my renditions....Hard to believe I know, as my vocals are well known, but you never know....................:mad:................:guitar:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Are you new to Thailand?

Many Thai males carry guns especially in their vehicles.

Really and you think that is great Sad situation dont you think? You argue with me I will shoot you

20 hours ago, robblok said:

It would appear the RTP needs to send a message to the RT Army.... "Can't we all just get along???"   :ph34r:

PS - what's an Army dude doing driving around dead drunk while armed with a weapon while obviously not on duty?

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

34 minutes ago, transam said:

Is this from your own experiences...I do recall you told us you did indulge in puff, but I reckon puff or anything works different on different people.

I mean, if I have had a few beers I get up and sing, but another who has had a few beers might give me a right-hander cos he doesn't like my renditions....Hard to believe I know, as my vocals are well known, but you never know....................:mad:................:guitar:

Of course from own experience and research. I posted a link about alcohol and violence. Alcohol is one of the drug that promotes the most violence of all. Not to everyone of course you sing.. i sleep but a group gets aggressive. That is not something that happens from a puff.  

According to the World Health Organization, alcohol consumption is associated with aggressive behavior more closely than the use of any other psychotropic substance (e1). The relationship between alcohol consumption and aggressive behavior has been well documented in epidemiological studies.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3820993/#:~:text=According to the World Health,well documented in epidemiological studies. 

I don't have a problem with people drinking as long as they don't get violent or drive / ride. But because on this forum drugs are always demonized i like to educate people a bit that their drug of choice (alcohol) is the worst of the lot.  

But plenty of people can drink and not get aggressive, same goes for other drugs too. Just some people get aggressive. 

21 hours ago, Stadtler said:
22 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

800_e900e13fb205643.jpg

"Plutaluang Police Station learned of the incident at 2am and showed to up find Rit-rong Yasawut, 33, fatally injured, with inebriated Sergeant Jirat Katanyoo, 23, lying next to him.

Also nearby was bystander Adun Chansaeng, 50, nursing a gun wound on his right arm, and the soldier’s girlfriend Sutthina Wuttichai, 23."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Who is the man in the red & white shirt?

If red stripy man is 23, Stadtler isn't a day over 120.

IQ23 ???? 

22 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

It would appear the RTP needs to send a message to the RT Army.... "Can't we all just get along???"   :ph34r:

PS - what's an Army dude doing driving around dead drunk while armed with a weapon while obviously not on duty?

loads of people have guns in thailand, if you go to the area near the giant swing in bangkok you'll find many gun shops with all sorts of guns for sale. never tried to buy one but if it's like most things here it would probably be pretty easy to get one.

thankfully despite the large number of gun owners in thailand they generally seem calmer and less likely to start randomly shooting people than some other countries i could mention...

1 minute ago, samsensam said:

loads of people have guns in thailand, if you go to the area near the giant swing in bangkok you'll find many gun shops with all sorts of guns for sale. never tried to buy one but if it's like most things here it would probably be pretty easy to get one.

thankfully despite the large number of gun owners in thailand they generally seem calmer and less likely to start randomly shooting people than some other countries i could mention...

That may be true... But you gotta admit, you don't read about this exact same story happening every day, regardless of the country... it's the kind of thing that seems destined to happen HERE!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, robblok said:

Your funny, does not really matter if someone is a Thai or a Brit or a Dutch guy.. if drunk with a weapon then your a menace.  Some people get really aggressive when on alcohol. Its a small portion but still size able. Why do you think there are so many pub fights and so on in the UK. 

Why am I funny?  I was commenting on other commentators who expressed disbelief at the story.  Of course alcohol encourages aggression;  I think more so in Asians because of genetic makeup.

Despite Pattaya police's almost total lack of interest in drunk drivers and red-light runners, I was showing sympathy for the poor cop who was killed whilst on a humanitarian mission to save lives.

There are 2 types of drunks, the first being the happy relaxed one, the second being the violent want to fight the world ones, and dont care of there actions, sadly for the policeman, he tried to help the second kind.