Some one set these traps on our land .

tomgreen

At the rear of our house we have about one Rai of land thats currently over grown . I was walking through the tall grass on this land and came across 10 of what I can only describe as some sort of animal trap. Some one had set these traps up over night and when I went back to have another look the next day all the traps had gone. My Thai wife or my self are not sure what these traps were trying to catch.

Any one have an idea 

Tom 

Trap1.jpg

Trap2.jpg

4 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I wish they'd eat the dogs.

Didn't want to post it but many here still do, mostly from Myanmar and Mon State in particular. Saw one getting nabbed and killed just a few days ago.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

33 minutes ago, Saltire said:

Didn't want to post it but many here still do, mostly from Myanmar and Mon State in particular. Saw one getting nabbed and killed just a few days ago.

Maybe you can send them to Bangkok?  

Just now, Grumpy one said:

I agree with you, but in the back of my mind I keep thinking next time I go out, after destroying them,  I may collect a bullet

Have a thai write you a note that says.....my land=my traps...or split whatever gets caught

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Grumpy one said:

I agree with you, but in the back of my mind I keep thinking next time I go out, after destroying them,  I may collect a bullet

Then sell the land....if that's a worry...it's already not yours

20 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I wish they'd eat the dogs.

We went to a small resort in Mukdahan with our 2 dogs.  When we got there the owner told us, without us saying anything, "Don't worry.  They know the small dogs are pets."

Edited by rwill

2 hours ago, tonray said:

Your land...you should have destroyed the traps to discourage them in the future.

Someone laid this trap on my land a few years ago. I removed it. Inside was a bulbul as bait and also a hawk. I freed both and got a nice wound from the hawk for my efforts. The irony was that later, a zebra dove we had raised from a baby was killed in its cage by a hawk.

013.JPG

DSCN1579.JPG

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Gandtee said:

Someone laid this trap on my land a few years ago. I removed it. Inside was a bulbul as bait and also a hawk. I freed both and got a nice wound from the hawk for my efforts. The irony was that later, a zebra dove we had raised from a baby was killed in its cage by a hawk.

013.JPG

DSCN1579.JPG

That is so cruel for the hawk????

Well done for releasing it. 

OP should out up signs on the land saying private property and no traps. If he then finds traps in the future he should destroy them. 

I would be worried about security for his home if people are sneaking about on the overgrown land at night. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Anything that moves on the ground.

Could be rabbits. I've seen two in my area over the last thirty years. A species at risk of extinction in Thailand I should think.???? 

12 minutes ago, Gandtee said:

Could be rabbits. I've seen two in my area over the last thirty years. A species at risk of extinction in Thailand I should think.???? 

Knowing how much rabbits like to breed seeing two in thirty years is a good indication of how many end up on the table.

6 hours ago, Grumpy one said:

If no harm done to your land ..... Poor people who try and get something to eat ...  Why not next time you see one. Put a packet of biscuits in one of them ????

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Anything that moves on the ground.

I have seen so many Traps on the Land adjacent to ours. Traps on the Ground, in the Trees and even on the Roadside,

Traps for Rats, Birds, Monitor Lizards, and anything else that they can catch and eat.

My Cat even came Home one day after being missing for over 24 Hours with a Noose around her Neck made of Nylon String 3 MM in Dia, and all the stuff for setting it

That was life number 5 of hers gone.

• Sad 1