Tourism and Sports Ministry proposes opening islands to foreign tourists

webfact

Good idea. 

Maybe. 

Phuket to many local people. What about them? If do it, are local people allow to leive Phuket? Be dangerous to spread. 

Maybe small island be better. Local population must agree. And if leive the island, should be quarantine 14 days. Test. 

Phuket, Samui be difficult control it. 

Only some countrys can come. Eg New Zealand

• Like 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Orac said:

I am waiting for them to suggest dinosaurs on the islands to bring in the baht.

Do you mean many of the surplus Generals will get a chance to do something good for the country...possibly for the first time in their careers.  ????

Edited by Grumpy John
Smelling

7 hours ago, JonnyF said:

This wouldn't work. Not many foreigners will come, and for every foreign tourist that did come a Thai tourist would stay away because they would be terrified of the "disease ridden" foreigners.

Face it, the days of easy money luring foreigners to be over charged are over for at least a couple of years.

Ripped off you mean

Bangkok Post has an article a couple of days ago that says that tourism chief is proposing to end dual pricing and to create new promotions for expats. 

(I believe I cannot link to article directly but you can google bangkok post dual pricing within the last week to find it.)

If what Bangkok Post report is true then that means at least someone in Thai gov values us foreigners. This is great progress.

1 hour ago, phungo said:

Bangkok Post has an article a couple of days ago that says that tourism chief is proposing to end dual pricing and to create new promotions for expats. 

(I believe I cannot link to article directly but you can google bangkok post dual pricing within the last week to find it.)

If what Bangkok Post report is true then that means at least someone in Thai gov values us foreigners. This is great progress.

Kind of. It does not likely mean any of them value foreigners. It likely means they are panicking and can see no way out other than going against their nature which is to treat foreigners (and especially white foreigners) as poorly as they can get away with.