DDC says two virus cases found in Japan might have originated in Thailand

webfact

I am more surprised, that they were even able to travel from Thailand to Japan in July, when many others claim to be stranded here. Did they both quarantine 14 days when arriving in Thailand, or could they by any chance both have brought the virus with them from Japan?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

7 minutes ago, DoctorG said:

I think this is true of NZ too. 102 days without a recorded positive and they now have 4 cases. It shows that the virus is around with very many asymptomatic  people just going about their business, until they encounter somebody with a low tolerance.

100% true. It is here to stay until there is a vaccine. I hope Thailand doesn't do the panic buying stuff that New Zealand is going through, that will be a disaster for people who live day to day and week to week...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

strange story to come home for a few days on a "construction" worker "visa" ?

Is he asymptomatic? I hope Thailand don't have an outbreak and are not testing enough to pick up on it, or even worse they try to cover it up, it spreads so fast as we all know very well by now.

3 minutes ago, TeaMonkey said:

Who knows how many people have it when the main symptom is feeling absolutely fine. 

We have to observe: EVERY countries who have passed their peak of the epidemic then:

- there are still some new cases, no second wave

- after that peak, the deaths are ridiculeously low

Not any scientist can explain it, but that's a fact.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Spellforce said:

We have to observe: EVERY countries who have passed their peak of the epidemic then:

- there are still some new cases, no second wave

- after that peak, the deaths are ridiculeously low

Not any scientist can explain it, but that's a fact.

Not sure what you mean. Not goading you but I think we know very well don't we? Asymptomatic symptoms hide the virus, we are all practicing social distancing so it means it is not transmitting so easily but it still will by some smaller numbers. The death rate is falling as doctors are becoming better at treating the symptoms. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GAZZPA said:

Not sure what you mean.

My thought was about the topic: a few people coming back to Japan with the "thai" covid-19:

- the virus can't be stoped once one country has it

- is it really important to count the "new cases" / "imported cases" in a country who has allready reached his peak of the epidemic (= few deaths) ?

9 minutes ago, Spellforce said:

My thought was about the topic: a few people coming back to Japan with the "thai" covid-19:

- the virus can't be stoped once one country has it

- is it really important to count the "new cases" / "imported cases" in a country who has allready reached his peak of the epidemic (= few deaths) ?

Ok, don't really know how you would know if it is imported or not. I thought Japan is saying he arrived in their country with it. If he is asymptomatic he came from Thailand with it,, probably,, but who knows. 

I don't think any country has reached anywhere near it's peak, they have reduced it dramatically with lockdowns but that's all.

I think we all have to accept it is unstoppable and we are having to learn to live with it for now, if we do get a vccine then that could change but until then we are stuck with it no matter what. It's the asymptomatic nature of the virus that make sit so difficult to track and lock down. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, GAZZPA said:

Not sure what you mean. Not goading you but I think we know very well don't we? Asymptomatic symptoms hide the virus, we are all practicing social distancing so it means it is not transmitting so easily but it still will by some smaller numbers. The death rate is falling as doctors are becoming better at treating the symptoms. 

"we are all practicing social distancing"I'm not sure I would agree with all or even most maybe some are practicing social distancing in my neck of the woods,especially on the school bus and down at the village shop and so on as things here seem to have gone back to the "old normal".

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, GAZZPA said:

I don't think any country has reached anywhere near it's peak

... but some other scientists are talking about the cross imunity, some countries close to China (as Thailand) could have their population > 50% immunized before that covid-19. So what previsions are the best, can we allready pretend to explain how is working that virus ?

I think today we can only observe and the fact is after the peak of the epidemics, deaths are falling.

• Like 1