Biden to lay out vision for post-Trump America as he accepts Democratic nomination

webfact

16 minutes ago, webfact said:

"And let me tell you a little secret. Donald Trump's economic plan was to give a huge tax cut to guys like me, who didn't need it. And then lie about it to everyone else," he said.

To me,to you,to me,to you,to me,to you........ Nobody else! Hmmmm.... wall money... to you Bannon!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tagged said:

Even Fox News put their guard down after toonights speach by Biden

"Biden promises a healing presence in speech praised by left and right"

https://www.foxnews.com/media/biden-promises-a-healing-presence-in-speech-praised-by-left-and-right

Even Trump is subdued in his tweets. No full caps name calling conspiracy filled tweets. Perhaps he is resigning to his fate. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Even Trump is subdued in his tweets. No full caps name calling conspiracy filled tweets. Perhaps he is resigning to his fate. 

Maybe he miss playing golf? 

I think he realize it is going one way with the economic, and he can not save it! Better to let det democrats take the blaim again, as useal, and he managed to take the claim for jobs and economic sky rockteting after taking over the office. Useally it take a bit mor than one term to fix things, ? 

Edited by Tagged
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

42 minutes ago, Tagged said:

Useally it take a bit mor than one term to fix things, ? 

Yep. 

Especially when you screw things up so massively in your first term. Be nice if you could resurrect all the dead people of course.

"Some people are saying my adminstration is best dumpster fire EVER!!!!"

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Boon Mee said:

Wait until Biden attempts to debate Trump live. 

Sleepy Joe will get decimated. 

I also want to see that, but doubt Trump will win any debate against him this time. He have nothing else than 12 points he will repeat to the dead end. No surprises will come from his side, and who is going to win the election for him this time? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Morch said:

I didn't think it was such a great speech. Good, yes, but not great. But, against the background of what we have been dished these last few years, it does stand out as balanced, sane, and maybe even cautiously promising. It was also nice to have a speech without numerous rambling anecdotes, irrelevancies and them blatant "inaccuracies" hallmarking Trump's public addresses.

So over all, a success, regardless of the bar's current level.

Of course, one of the reasons it's been praised so highly is that thanks to Trump and his fellow-travelers, expectations were so low. Looks like that senile-dementia meme, and not Biden, is past its expiry date.

Edited by rcummings
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, rcummings said:

Of course, one of the reasons it's been praised so highly is that thanks to Trump and his fellow-travelers, expectations were so low. Looks like that senile-dementia meme, and not Biden, is past its due date.

Oh, I doubt that meme will be given a rest, facts and reality not being such hurdles for campaign talking points. The second Biden slips it will be out in no time.

Wondering what Trump's nomination acceptance speech (assuming he makes one) would be like. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I don’t think he’ll mention that ‘Wall’ thang, this time around.

That would be the rational, reasonable thing to do. But if that speech is targeting "the base", doesn't really matter what he's on about, as long as it can be sorted into short catchy slogans, or blamed on the Dems. The Wall could make an appearance, as in the Evil Democrats wouldn't let me build it for you...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sujo said:

Would be also stupid to mention the swamp considering his batting average.

Same comment as above. Read Trump supporters posts here. Some of them still argue that he tried or tries to fight the swamp.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Morch said:

Oh, I doubt that meme will be given a rest, facts and reality not being such hurdles for campaign talking points. The second Biden slips it will be out in no time.

Wondering what Trump's nomination acceptance speech (assuming he makes one) would be like. 

Most likely, you're right. But it does seem to have flummoxed the usual denigrators, if only briefly.