Couple who pointed guns at protesters tell Republican convention that suburbs in peril

webfact

5 minutes ago, bendejo said:

Look at the way they're holding them.

the woman is a bit off, she will be slower to a proper shot,

she should hold it with both hands, but she has her finger off the trigger,

so overall its not too bad.

actually the way she hold her gun i think she will lose in a gunfight

Edited by scammed

4 minutes ago, Mansell said:

I don’t think so....the weapons they are holding are not British. Maybe Sweden or another European country.

Don't know much about weapons, but to me look like Heckler & Koch used by some UK Police

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Mansell said:

And the woman has her finger on the trigger.....a no no in case you accidentally fire.

no she doesnt, but i agree she will not shoot properly in that position,

and she will be slow to take a proper position for a shot

1 minute ago, scammed said:

no she doesnt, but i agree she will not shoot properly in that position,

and she will be slow to take a proper position for a shot

How do we know anything about her fingering of this weapon or shooting posture from a single moment in time photograph? I do agree with you, however, that her finger is not on the trigger.

8 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

A Republican activist has claimed Donald Trump is the "bodyguard of civilisation" who gave up a life of luxury to save the US.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-election/rnc-trump-charlie-kirk-speech-civilisation-bodyguard-latest-a9686571.html

It gets weirder and weirder...

Both Pompeo and Vice President Pence count among a leading rank of Christian Zionist politicians in the United States, who link matters of geopolitics — whether confronting a regional nemesis in the theocratic Iranian regime or helping Israel extend greater control over the Holy Land — to biblical prophecy and revelation.

Pompeo has spoken of waging his “never-ending” political battles until the “rapture.”

Use Google, lot more similar stuff about what drives the trump administration

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Now if anybody would have told her how to use it that would be even better. Like: Don't shoot your husband in the back!

image.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

I would suggest she is more than competent in the use of that gun, most folk I have taken shooting are incredibly fearful of having a gun in their hand, she ain't....

PS. The gun business end is no problem for the guy's back, or anywhere else........????

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, mokwit said:

IMO Reuters has a distinct Liberal bias these days.

Disagree, but that is not my argument. The headline here is factual, the 'correction' is biased and (mis) leading.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

No reason not too either...do you know how many meters a person can move in a second or two? When seconds count, the police are minutes away.

Are you scared in urban areas? So many peeps waiting to move quickly towards you... ????????

• Like 1

Wow, that's an impressive couple of speakers - Honey Bunny and Pumpkin really haven't aged very well. Perhaps Scott Baio or the Pillow Guy will bring the intellectual heft to carry all that water for the GOP.

Quite impressive to have been in power for almost 4 years and not yet have a platform for these minor issues such as COVID-19, re-opening schools, etc. Almost like their version of governing is to completely destroy and ignore the government.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

I take that point...there is no evidence this DA is "corrupt." But you asked for support for the proposition that Mr. Soros has a connection to this DA.

No, I did not.

1 hour ago, simple1 said:

Look like UK anti-terrorism police on patrol. So far as I know in the UK Police with lethal weapons do not confront protestors.

That's right, in the UK they go down on one knee to them. Unless of course they are veterans protecting statues, or members of the public walking their dog on the moors, or a child playing in his front garden. 

Then it's the full force of the law. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1