Should we install CCTV system for prospective tenants in Thailand?

We have been doing renovations on a building and recently had the local CCTV company do the wiring for 8 cameras (cost 11,500 baht). Initially we said we only wanted a couple of tv monitors but then subsequently changed this to have 5. (one on the top floor with the control box etc, 1 on the 2nd floor and 3 on the ground floor).

Now he has come back with a huge quotation to install the entire system. Its close to 70k extra to get it all up and running. 

Now Im thinking if I should bother paying for this and instead let the tenants install it if they want to. In worse case scenario they could take (steal) a lot of the equipment with them when departing etc. One never knows how good or bad they could be. 

We plan to move into the building ourselves in 6 yrs. Thus at this time we could put new cameras in at that stage- if the prospective tenants don't proceed with installing it themselves now. 

If anyone has ever rented a commercial premises I would be keen to hear your opinions. 

thanks kindly

Granted, ours is a residential (one story, 125 sqm) CCTV system, 8 cameras (2 inside, 6 outside), complete wiring, control box in my office, can view on our big screen, and apps installed on both our phones so we can monitor from virtually anywhere. Cameras are crystal clear & work like a dream. Total cost, 14K baht.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LNKDES1 said:

Granted, ours is a residential (one story, 125 sqm) CCTV system, 8 cameras (2 inside, 6 outside), complete wiring, control box in my office, can view on our big screen, and apps installed on both our phones so we can monitor from virtually anywhere. Cameras are crystal clear & work like a dream. Total cost, 14K baht.

Do you mind if I ask how many million pixels is your system. At that price it cant be 8mill. Must be 2million or 4?

The price we were quoted was for the high definition 8 million pixels. The control box etc is on the 4th floor

42 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

You're getting shafted.

Possibly...   It is 8 million pixel set up with high end cameras over 4 floors in wiring. 

I took the quote into another cctv business with prices cut out. Asked for same spec and it was 20k cheaper. But they have not visited the building but probably closer to the mark. 

I think I will leave it to the tenants to install the system that they want whether it is high spec or low 2million pixel

3 hours ago, bbabythai said:

Do you mind if I ask how many million pixels is your system. At that price it cant be 8mill. Must be 2million or 4?

The price we were quoted was for the high definition 8 million pixels. The control box etc is on the 4th floor

A quality 2 million pixel camera, Dahua or Hikvision, with all options like night vision, auto zoom etc would cost no more than 2500 Baht.

An 8 channel DVR including hard disk another 3000 Baht.

You don't need 4 or 8K, and I doubt they would cost 3 - 4 times

• Like 1