Honda Cbr150

Crow Boy

I replaced the IRC's with Pirelli Sport Demons and once the tyres were worn in there was quite a noticeable difference. A lot more grip in corners and no more off that sliding feeling when your overtake on the white lanes. The main reason for changing them was for wet weather riding and this is where they inspire a lot more confidence then the IRC's.

How much and where did you get them?

I want to know too! I just bought a Pilot Sporty 110 for the rear and the new slightly changed design is stickier. Willing to try the Pirelli's as I only get 5-6 k out of the Michelins. Have to get a new front tire soon. Anyone know how well a 100/80 fits in front?

I tried the 100/80 on the front of the older CBR150 and didn't like it, seemed to track too much. The 90/80 front felt much nicer, but i swapped the 100/80 from the rear to the front so maybe it had worn a certain way that didn't suit the front.

For the new 150 does anyone know how long the Pirelli Sports Demons last?

Edited by taichiplanet

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I replaced the IRC's with Pirelli Sport Demons and once the tyres were worn in there was quite a noticeable difference. A lot more grip in corners and no more off that sliding feeling when your overtake on the white lanes. The main reason for changing them was for wet weather riding and this is where they inspire a lot more confidence then the IRC's.

How much and where did you get them?

I want to know too! I just bought a Pilot Sporty 110 for the rear and the new slightly changed design is stickier. Willing to try the Pirelli's as I only get 5-6 k out of the Michelins. Have to get a new front tire soon. Anyone know how well a 100/80 fits in front?

like taichiplanet said, the 100/80 has a mind of its own sometimes. I had to take the barrels out of the fender mounting screw holes for them to clear the fender.

Thanks guys, that helps. I like the feel of the bike with the 110/80 and 90/80, although one-up, I find myself sliding forward occasionally. The steeper rake is good though. I think I'll stick with the 90/80 up front.

By the way, I've gone through two spedo cables and now I hear the same clacking noise again. They only last about 10,000 km from what I can tell.

Thanks guys, that helps. I like the feel of the bike with the 110/80 and 90/80, although one-up, I find myself sliding forward occasionally. The steeper rake is good though. I think I'll stick with the 90/80 up front.

By the way, I've gone through two speedo cables and now I hear the same clacking noise again. They only last about 10,000 km from what I can tell.

Have you tried adjusting the angle of the metal head of the speedo cable where it screws into the back of the gauge? Mine vibrates if its at a certain angle. Those plastic filler pieces on both sides of the gauges like to vibrate too if the screws come loose and makes the bike sound buzzy.

By the way, I've gone through two speedo cables and now I hear the same clacking noise again. They only last about 10,000 km from what I can tell.

Have you tried adjusting the angle of the metal head of the speedo cable where it screws into the back of the gauge? Mine vibrates if its at a certain angle. Those plastic filler pieces on both sides of the gauges like to vibrate too if the screws come loose and makes the bike sound buzzy.

Yeah, I've tried that and even lubed and reversed the cable. Seems like the housings just wear out.

I'm doing mine the first of the month. Bridgestone , but not sure which one yet. Want to talk to the tire guy in town first

Has anyone replaced their stock IRC's already? Any good ones that fit?

I replaced the IRC's with Pirelli Sport Demons and once the tyres were worn in there was quite a noticeable difference.

If any of you guys have the stock IRC's, i'll take them off of ya for a small price. Im putting up the CBR for a while and rolling the NSR, it needs rubber badly.

I'm doing mine the first of the month. Bridgestone , but not sure which one yet. Want to talk to the tire guy in town first

Has anyone replaced their stock IRC's already? Any good ones that fit?

I replaced the IRC's with Pirelli Sport Demons and once the tyres were worn in there was quite a noticeable difference.

If any of you guys have the stock IRC's, i'll take them off of ya for a small price. Im putting up the CBR for a while and rolling the NSR, it needs rubber badly.

Here's mine, front and rear. First two are rear, 2nd two are front. Just over 9,800k on them. If interested, send me a pm with offer.

post-82655-0-28498700-1316747189_thumb.j

post-82655-0-68461800-1316747202_thumb.j

post-82655-0-23408500-1316747211_thumb.j

post-82655-0-29605500-1316747221_thumb.j

I'll be changing the tyres on the CBR250 in a week or so.

There are the Sport Demons 110/70 140/70 for about 5,500thb.

Which is the plan, but those Battlax 45 might be a nice option. On the link given they've the same sizes available.

I want to stay close to stock size.

Anyone know a dealer for the BT-45 in Thailand or prices?

Thanks.

Edited by hehehoho

I'll be changing the tyres on the CBR250 in a week or so.

There are the Sport Demons 110/70 140/70 for about 5,500thb.

Which is the plan, but those Battlax 45 might be a nice option. On the link given they've the same sizes available.

I want to stay close to stock size.

Anyone know a dealer for the BT-45 in Thailand or prices?

Thanks.

Googling around, I found a Thai Distributor:

T Thaicharoen Rubber

2832-6 Krungthep-Nonth Bang Sue

Bang Sue, BKK, Bangkok, 10800

Tel. 02-5870211 to 5

If you manage to contact them, tell us how it went. I'm leaning towards getting Battlax's myself.:D

Edited by RED21

I may be way off base here but maybe if your arms are blocking your rear view you are hanging on too tight. Relax the shoulders, drop the elbows a bit and if still not enough then tuck you elbow in briefly when you glance at the mirror.

Not only does this clear the obstruction on the rear view, it also be enables one to handle the bike better and helps prevent aching wrists.:) I guess it's true what they say about finding the right position.:D

Riding Tips: Finding the right Position

Motorcycle Ergonomics: Getting That Kink Out

Then again, some people are built a wee bit wider than normal (like yours truly).:P

Figured it out now. The mirror posts were moved too upright. Once I flattened them out, they're fine. Dropping the elbows did help, but the majority of the problem was the placement. Thanks anyway

Had my CBR150 for 4 years now and still love it. One thing that has always caught my attention though is a slight increase in engine vibration, transferred through the seat and handlebars, when I hit 110kmh in 6th. It's as smooth as silk up to 100kmh but has always got more uncomfortable at 110+.

Anyone else get this or have a solution?

Oh, a couple more things..

The battery needs charging every couple of months now so time for a replacement. Are there any alternatives to a "standard" replacement battery and any one know of the likely cost?

Also, what revs does your CBR150 idle at, if I may ask?

Cheers.

I had the last year of the old model, and to be honest, the whole thing just did not feel safe at 110+. That was my only complaint with it. Now I have the new one, and cruise at 125-130+ all day long and it feels as steady at those speeds as it does at 80.

Right now I'm not happy because yesterday when I went into town via 118, when I came out of the mall I saw someone had hit my left rear blinker and cracked the brace. Sooo, Monday it's off to the dealer to order a new one.

J1V.

Consider getting some aftermarket LED indicators if you need to change, the stock ones are surprisingly expensive and I know Sumet do some great LEDs with blue or black stalks for 580thb or so per pair.

hehehoho, thanks for the tip. I'll send Brian a pm later and have him give me a price.

Thanks

but don't forget to ask about the resister to slow the buggers down...flashhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I saw a 250 at Niyom Panich here in CMX a couple of weeks ago that had aftermarkets front and back. There were about as big as my thumb! Really didn't care for those, as during the day they would be tough to see by others. A little smaller might be ok, but that was too small in my opinion.

I sent Brian (Sumitt City) a pm and asked him to email me with pics and prices. I'll wait for that before going to Honda here.

I hadn't used mine (CBRi) for about a week or so, and I noticed today that on the rear wheel there was a damp run, where was some kind of liquid had dripped/leaked onto it. Not alot but it was there. I'm guessing brake fluid as it was on the opposite side to the chain. Any ideas????

Oh, a couple more things..

The battery needs charging every couple of months now so time for a replacement. Are there any alternatives to a "standard" replacement battery and any one know of the likely cost?

Also, what revs does your CBR150 idle at, if I may ask?

Cheers.

Battery cost about 250-300 baht for a non sealed type. Sealed cost around 350-450 baht. Try not to get one that is calcium, those like to solidify after time.

My older CBR idles at 1400 rpm, air screw at around 2.5-2.75 turns counter clockwise. Mess around with the idle after checking the airscrew, a 1/4-1/2 turn of the idle knob can make a big difference in the RPM range it operates best in.

If you change the plug to a NGK CR8EGP, you'll see a nice difference.

Edited by KRS1

I actually have a pair of KOSO led blinkers lying around at home. The mechanic at Honda told me I had to get a blinker relay if I wanted to keep the original at the back and just use them for the front. I put them on myself with assistance from my father-in-law and they didn't flash (he told me it will work if I replaced both pairs, front and back). They are smaller and shorter than stock - my father-in-law told me he preferred the stock ones and suggested I just wait until they are available at Honda.

Had some beers with an English friend who just came back from the UK. He had just brought a new Wave Fi at the dealer near Thapae Rd. He told me there where a lot of 2nd hand CBR150i on sale, with some even barely a month old. A salesperson told him some of the were bought on installment and then the buyers returned them back.

On a red light at the first junction from Bo Sang, a kid on a white Fino pulls up beside me and asks me how much I paid for the bike. I told him I got it for around 73k but it was last year, and that last time I checked, they were selling them for around 83k. He asked me how much would the minimum down payment be if he paid installment, I told him probably 20k.

From time to time during trip stops, I'm still approached by some random old Thai guy telling me how nice the bike looks :D.

Edited by RED21

I actually have a pair of KOSO led blinkers lying around at home. The mechanic at Honda told me I had to get a blinker relay if I wanted to keep the original at the back and just use them for the front. I put them on myself with assistance from my father-in-law and they didn't flash (he told me it will work if I replaced both pairs, front and back). They are smaller and shorter than stock - my father-in-law told me he preferred the stock ones and suggested I just wait until they are available at Honda.

Had some beers with an English friend who just came back from the UK. He had just brought a new Wave Fi at the dealer near Thapae Rd. He told me there where a lot of 2nd hand CBR150i on sale, with some even barely a month old. A salesperson told him some of the were bought on installment and then the buyers returned them back.

On a red light at the first junction from Bo Sang, a kid on a white Fino pulls up beside me and asks me how much I paid for the bike. I told him I got it for around 73k but it was last year, and that last time I checked, they were selling them for around 83k. He asked me how much would the minimum down payment be if he paid installment, I told him probably 20k.

From time to time during trip stops, I'm still approached by some random old Thai guy telling me how nice the bike looks :D.

I know that feeling. With the tri-color, plus the jacket, plus the matching helmet, I get more than a few looks, and from time to time someone will ask me how much for everything. Then I get the typical Thai "uuueee, expensive!"

:jap:

True. It gets a bit embarrassing. But these range of CBRs are very good looking.

Unfortunately the Thais can't seem to stop touching my 250. Park it along a street and 9 times out of ten they'll be some idiot looking at it with his hands. :angry:

Edited by hehehoho

True. It gets a bit embarrassing. But these range of CBRs are very good looking.

Unfortunately the Thais can't seem to stop touching my 250. Park it along a street and 9 times out of ten they'll be some idiot looking at it with his hands. :angry:

i parked a new cbr in a gas station on saturday and come out of the shop to find some thai guy walking around it in circles , 2 more minutes he might have been sitting on it :)

Ok, I'm NOT a happy camper this morning. The left rear light stalk was broke, but still up where it should be, and still ok to use. I go into Bosang to the little Tesco. I park AWAY from others, as usual. I'm in Tesco maybe 10 minutes, come out, and some other asshol_e had hit it and broke it the rest of the way!!! So now it's just dangling by the wires. So, straight to Honda to get a new one. The had in stock, took 10 to change and they were done, then hit me with "sticker shock". 890 baht. Normally 920, but because I am "good customer", they discount for me. Then they offer new shirt for wife that she liked. Normally 500, discounted to 300, and a new pair of leather gloves, normally 1060, but discount to 850. The discounts are nice, but still ticked about the price of a single stalk light!! But I also had then check the chain for proper tightness, and oil it good from riding in all the rain.

Oh, well, so it goes.

Check those brakes pulling out of a service shop. Just had the brake pads replaced front and back and as I got into traffic, no rear brake whatsoever. Turns out they bled the rear calipers right onto the new pads and disk without using a bleed tube. Not sure when they will break in now as short ride got them to start working only a little. Talk about crap service. And they never tightened my chain as I asked them, but that was my bad for not checking before I left. Some day I will have my own shop so I can do my own work.