Honda Cbr150

Crow Boy

API-Tech were supposed to deliver the ECM late last week but due to a customer having a problem (the bike stalled and wouldn't restart) they are holding off delivery for a week (which in thai means 3 weeks) til they sort the problem out. Not a big deal for me, if they get it right. i'd rather have a working unit but seems strange after all this time they can't deliver a working unit. If anyone is thinking of getting one, maybe wait til i get mine and see if i have problems.

Edited by taichiplanet

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for all the reply regarding the paints :D. I think that I'll spend a bit more for the high temp paint, to be safe.

Or should I just spend a bit more and change the exhaust?

The only problem I'm having is moving the mirrors. Can't seem to get it far enough over, my arms are almost blocking half the view!!!!:o

I met some problem yesterday.

I was riding back to home and stopped at some intersection , shift to N , rev down down and pshh ..... stall ....

and it was hard to start again . even started , the rev keep going down below 1500. I have to open thorttle a little to help it and have to keep it rev higher than 1700.

the engine knocked two more time at some intersection , while I let it idle , sounds like not enough fuel injected to me.

got back to home safely , I tore it down , check everything especially electrical system , and nothing found.

I test start it . yet . still easy to stall if let the throttle. so I think It should be an FI system and nothing for me to do . was decided to go to mech

this morning I turn the key , started . then I instantly figure it out.

I left the bike unused for 4 day , making a fiberglass , there's bubble of air in the injection pump and have to turn the key on and off several times to bleed the air out.

and that day , was heavy rained and the air was damp (very) , my bike Idle is normally lower than others so it would be easy for it to stall .

Having the same problem, especially with mine parking on a upslope. Don't really know what was going on for the first couple of time.

After a weekend in BKK, got back to CM and the dang thing wouldn't idle. Thanks for the tip about using the key to bleed out the air.

Thanks for all the reply regarding the paints :D. I think that I'll spend a bit more for the high temp paint, to be safe.

The only problem I'm having is moving the mirrors. Can't seem to get it far enough over, my arms are almost blocking half the view!!!!:o

Had the same problem before... and it took several adjustments before I finally had the mirrors at the right position. Hopefully, there won't be any 4$$h0135 at the parking lot that are going to ruin the setup. Has anyone aftermarket mirrors that offer a better view? I've seen the KOSO ones and although they look good methinks they do a far worse job than stock.

Edited by RED21

the only "problem" with the mirrors, for me, is that I wish they were just a big bigger. I've looked around a some the shops, but really haven't found anything I think is better.

Well, had a "issue" the other day with them. I came out of Tesco, was parked at the very end, no other bikes around, and saw a very cute girl using the right one to put on her lipstick. She straightened up, smiled and said "really nice bike" as I approached. I smiled and replied, "Yes, my wife also likes it." So much for the friendly smile. But I did get a nice view of the backside as she walked away in tight jeans.

Oh, and had to adjust it again before taking off.

:cheesy:

Ordinary paint is fine for the exhaust side cover.

I found the mirrors to be very good. Though when i had the touring screen fitted and then taken off, the mech's helper put one on upside down. So i changed one but not sure if both are right way up or both upside down now! :lol:

I may be way off base here but maybe if your arms are blocking your rear view you are hanging on too tight. Relax the shoulders, drop the elbows a bit and if still not enough then tuck you elbow in briefly when you glance at the mirror.

I may be way off base here but maybe if your arms are blocking your rear view you are hanging on too tight. Relax the shoulders, drop the elbows a bit and if still not enough then tuck you elbow in briefly when you glance at the mirror.

Not only does this clear the obstruction on the rear view, it also be enables one to handle the bike better and helps prevent aching wrists.:) I guess it's true what they say about finding the right position.:D

Riding Tips: Finding the right Position

Motorcycle Ergonomics: Getting That Kink Out

Then again, some people are built a wee bit wider than normal (like yours truly).:P

Edited by RED21

BTW J1V did you have to order the rim stickers or are they readily available at Niyom Panich (like the license plate holders)?

they have them in stock, both silver and red, 150-250. Go in the Customer Service waiting area, turn left to the display cases, in the last 2 cases. For the 150 they were only showing the silver, but when I said I wanted the red,the guy went behind the desk and pulled out a box full of them.

Ordinary paint is fine for the exhaust side cover.

I found the mirrors to be very good. Though when i had the touring screen fitted and then taken off, the mech's helper put one on upside down. So i changed one but not sure if both are right way up or both upside down now! :lol:

I really don't understand this problem about the mirrors. You do know that the mirrors can be moved aswell as the arm stalks right?

IMO the mirrors are great when on the open road, you can see everything behind you. Even if you're a big guy just tilt the mirrors or stalks out a little further, though i still can't see how its a problem, because i think they're huge. I've actually been thinking about getting smaller ones so i can cut thriough the BKK traffic alot quicker. I often find myself tucking them in completely when the traffic gets really heavy.

Edited by macknife

Has anyone replaced their stock IRC's already? Any good ones that fit?

Original tire sizes:

Front: 100/80-17

Rear: 130/70-17

Googling gave me these:

Pirelli Sport Demons

Bridgestone BATTLAX BT39

Bridgestone BATTLAX BT45

Metzler Lasertec

Couldn't find Dunlop ones that were the exact same size...

Dunlop GT501

Edited by RED21

Original tire sizes:

Googling gave me these:

Pirelli Sport Demons

Bridgestone BATTLAX BT39

Bridgestone BATTLAX BT45

Metzler Lasertec

Dunlop GT501

I'm doing mine the first of the month. Bridgestone , but not sure which one yet. Want to talk to the tire guy in town first

Original tire sizes:

Googling gave me these:

Pirelli Sport Demons

Bridgestone BATTLAX BT39

Bridgestone BATTLAX BT45

Metzler Lasertec

Dunlop GT501

Michelin Pilot Sporty---highly recommended

Original tire sizes:

Googling gave me these:

Pirelli Sport Demons

Bridgestone BATTLAX BT39

Bridgestone BATTLAX BT45

Metzler Lasertec

Dunlop GT501

I've hear people say they are very good, but don't last long of you ride them hard, which is what I do on my trips around thailand

Original tire sizes:

Googling gave me these:

Pirelli Sport Demons

Bridgestone BATTLAX BT39

Bridgestone BATTLAX BT45

Metzler Lasertec

Dunlop GT501

I've hear people say they are very good, but don't last long of you ride them hard, which is what I do on my trips around thailand

The Michelin Pilot Sporty were fantastic on the older CBR150, they do wear fast (about 6k to 8k kms) but for people that don't do a lot of miles (like me) it is worth it for the great handling, grip and braking.

I've ordered a set of Pirelli Diablo Rosso II (110/70 and 140/70) but not available for a month or so. They are about 3k baht more than the Sports Demon and i am guessing they will wear faster too.

http://www.competizioni-moto.com/RoadTyres/DiabloRossoII.html

Edited by taichiplanet

I need something better than the IRC, but also something I'm not going to have to replace every 6 months. Not at all unusual for me to say: "humm, nice weekend for a trip," throw some clothes into the back pack, strap it on the back of the bike, go check tire pressure, fill up the tank and take off. Sometimes I plan where I'm going,other times I just drive till I get tired and find a hotel. I've done that more than once and ended up in Chum Phae, Khon Kaen, Udon, Tak, Nakon Sawan, etc.

And I drive hard, pushing the bike on the straights and the curves.

Original tire sizes:

Googling gave me these:

Pirelli Sport Demons

Bridgestone BATTLAX BT39

Bridgestone BATTLAX BT45

Metzler Lasertec

Dunlop GT501

The Michelin Pilot Sporty were fantastic on the older CBR150, they do wear fast (about 6k to 8k kms) but for people that don't do a lot of miles (like me) it is worth it for the great handling, grip and braking.

I've ordered a set of Pirelli Diablo Rosso II (110/70 and 140/70) but not available for a month or so. They are about 3k baht more than the Sports Demon and i am guessing they will wear faster too.

http://www.competizi...bloRossoII.html

140/70 is a little bit wider than stock, might go that way too. I hope there won't be any problems over - sizing a tiny bit. Have had no problems with the stock IRCs (I actually passed by a rented ER6n in the heavy rain one time-which felt stupid when I arrived home, "mea culpa, mea ultima culpa" ), but sometimes you feel they could be better.

BTW, I don't know if any of you guys experienced this, but one time while I was on 3rd or 2nd the engine suddenly stalled ( I know I did not over -rev it). I was thinking it would be very dangerous when you're passing a big trailer or something similar and then it just did that. This was the first time. I was thinking it was the gas but I've never used gasohol on the bike before (I thought those new yellow stickers on the Pure pumps said something else but people in the office said that they still meant benzine).

Edited by RED21

Original tire sizes:

Googling gave me these:

Pirelli Sport Demons

Bridgestone BATTLAX BT39

Bridgestone BATTLAX BT45

Metzler Lasertec

Dunlop GT501

I replaced the IRC's with Pirelli Sport Demons and once the tyres were worn in there was quite a noticeable difference. A lot more grip in corners and no more off that sliding feeling when your overtake on the white lanes. The main reason for changing them was for wet weather riding and this is where they inspire a lot more confidence then the IRC's.

I replaced the IRC's with Pirelli Sport Demons and once the tyres were worn in there was quite a noticeable difference. A lot more grip in corners and no more off that sliding feeling when your overtake on the white lanes. The main reason for changing them was for wet weather riding and this is where they inspire a lot more confidence then the IRC's.

How much and where did you get them?

I want to know too! I just bought a Pilot Sporty 110 for the rear and the new slightly changed design is stickier. Willing to try the Pirelli's as I only get 5-6 k out of the Michelins. Have to get a new front tire soon. Anyone know how well a 100/80 fits in front?

Anyone know how well a 100/80 fits in front?

You mean for the slim version, right?

100/80 is the normal front size for the fat one...

I emailed Pirelli Thailand for a quote and then i sent the money through and they shipped the tyres on up to me. This is their website My link. Although I emailed them from another link, I'm not sure if i can post email addresses on here? They were 5700THB for the set, although I bought the 130/80-17 for the rear which is quite a bit larger so I think it was a little more expensive then the 130/70-17.