90 day Immigration reporting must be done by the end of today (August 31)

I was completely unaware of this new compliance but this morning in HUA HIN, BLUPORT, during the 90 day reports, I was asked if I still lived at the same address. I was surprised by this question, especially since the person who received me knows me well.
On reading the message, I understand better.
At HUA HIN immigration, we no longer provide a form for the 90 J.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Even ubonjoe is saying this news is incorrect, so why does Thaivisa share it?

It's not incorrect, per the pic in the OP,  Thailand Immigration did set 31st August as the deadline for doing any reports that you missed (they're also insisting you turn up in person or authorise somebody to do it for you at CW). 

The fact that the Ministerial order says 26th September doesn't detract from the fact that Thai Immigration set this as their deadline so it's a lottery as to whether you get fined for late reporting between now & 26th September but you might want to go with that option of visiting a temple if you're relying on not being fined. 

Edited by Mike Teavee

7 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That is only a infographic and it is not a official doucment.

This from the official immigration notification.

"(1) Aliens whose residency report is due under 90 day period, may report their residency in
person or by assigning a person or via registered mail or electronic means.
(2) Aliens whose residency report is due on 26 March 2020 onwards and has not reported
within prescribed period, may report their residency in person or by assigning a person or via registered mail or electronic means from 1 August 2020 to 31 August 2020;"

There is nothing that states it is mandatory and no mention of fines.

It's from the official immigration website so I'd say it's a little more official than say something a newspaper put together. 

I recall seeing a post where CW had removed the "registered mail or electronic means" options &  know from experience that my options were to turn up in person or pay an agent 1,500 THB to do it for me (I chose the latter & didn't get the red stamp in my passport but don't know if the 2 are connected). 

As for not getting fined... We'll no doubt see in the coming weeks, but I know where I'd put my money ???? 

Edited by Mike Teavee
Edit format
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

Good one.????

When you win the first prize , buy 5 yrs ELITE VISA for THB 500,000.-

only have to report every 90 days at no extra cost ,

pay an agent to do that -

make sure you have unlimited exit & re-entry permit  for 5 yrs .....

Entry at Suv. airport through Special Channel ,

don't have to line up with the unwashed masses ....

I, like a few others no doubt, just kept on doing things as normal.  Usually do 90 day reporting in person, but the online method worked perfectly a couple of weeks ago - fast and hassle free (did not think it would be after reading and hearing so many comments about the site not working).  Will continue to use that method.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jackdd said:

Even ubonjoe is saying this news is incorrect, so why does Thaivisa share it?

IMHO it at least serves as a useful reminder for us to take whatever pronouncements The Thaiger chooses to make on immigration-related matters with a ginormous pinch of salt.

Edited by OJAS

21 minutes ago, AbeNormal said:

The agent charge for 90 day report in Pattaya is 100baht

Normally it's 374.50 but this wasn't an ordinary 90 day report as it was my 1st ever (I normally leave Thailand at least once every 90 days) & I didn't report on the due date (19th May) so the options at CW are to do it yourself or have an agent do it for me... I chose the latter as I wasn't 100% sure whether it needed to be done before I could do my extension (which I was doing 2 days later). 

Besides, getting from Pattaya to Jomtien Soi 5 (10 THB on the Baht Bus?) is a lot different than getting from On Nut to MTT (5-600 THB in a taxi or 230-250 THB for BTS/Taxi... Obviously that's one way)

Edited by Mike Teavee
  • Like 1

I'm on a tourist visa and fall under point 1 on the Announcement. Can someone advise if my circumstance will make me eligible for a further extension.

I have been trying to return to Australia since March by booking and paying for 3 different flights. All have been cancelled. One even at checkin. I am currently booked for 01 Nov but like the others I am pretty sure this will also be cancelled. Why 01 Nov. This was the first dates Thai Airways accepted. Qatar are not accepting bookings. 

The Australian Embassy are arranging repatriation flights every Sunday, but this is restricted to 30 passengers per flight. They inform those interested on Thursday the week before. The Embassy informed me they usually get approx 200 apply and I shouldn't hold my breath. They also told me they no longer issue supporting letters. 

I am applying each week. But what happens if I continue to miss out? I'm pretty sure I can request a paid 30 day extension. But what happens after that? Will they sell me another 30 days?

I've been married to a Thai for 12 years. Can I request an extension based on that fact?

Thanks