France's Le Drian blames Britain's 'attitude' for Brexit talks impasse

snoop1130

Game Theory and Brexit Negotiations

"The origins in a game in which two drivers drive towards each other on a collision course: one must swerve, or both may die in the crash, but if one driver swerves and the other does not, the one who swerved will be called a "chicken. Cummings believes that the EU car will swerve at the last moment if it is convinced that the vehicle driven by Johnson is determined not to Chivers points out that one flaw in this theory is that it assumes that Johnson and the EU are driving the same cars. "

https://spartacus-educational.com/spartacus-blogURL129.htm

Edited by Opl
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Logosone said:

You're right, we should always expect Britain to do only that which it considers best for itself, that has been the theme of UK history for centuries, UK first and shaft the rest of the world as hard as you can.

Still, given the economic problems the UK is facing, you'd have thought that even UK nationalists would have understood that access to their main market would be important. But I guess nationalism and ideology is stronger than self-interest and logic itself. We've seen that in the past many times.

And yet when many were saying the UK does not really want a deal I did not believe it, but looks like that was indeed the case.

They sure go win now.....having their no deal .... oh sorry Australian deal they call it ....????????????

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mrfill said:

Well, its gone down the pan with the marvellous covid response so the effect of brexit can be shifted to 'the virus' and everything will be fine... its always good to have a surprise scapegoat when you have a useless government.

Don't say that too loud. Otherwise there will soon be another conspiracy theory that somehow Boris invented Covid.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, OneMoreFarang said:

I have to admit I never looked at The Telegraph, The Sun, Mirror, etc. 

Somehow I don't think I missed anything important.

I don't mind to use the bullets  from the opponent after they abandons their trenches …..???? it is even more fun ….

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

I pluck up the courage every now and again......try reading the comments section if you fancy a bout of high blood pressure and a sleepless night.......it is frightening that these people are allowed to vote.

But it is fun in the readers comment section , to read how the steam is coming out of their brains …., looks more like Deville's falling in holy waters …..ksssst... ksssst...kssst   sound making LOL ! desperation start kicking in ...

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, kamahele said:

The UK has been playing the blame game now for years. I guess its not nice to be on the receiving end for a change

So two wrongs make a right? It is fairly obvious from my other posts that I am no supporter of Brexit but - so far as the issue of fishing rights are concerned - it appears to me that the EU are the ones digging in their heels.

56 minutes ago, Estrada said:

But Boris said that he had an oven ready deal... Must have left it in his fridge and it got frozen.

It was a Soufflé and it collapsed ???? ..... he is not used to French cooking by himself  …. ???? 

Under his failure Soufflé you can see the correct one ….

2020-09-01_153456.png

2020-09-01_153335.png

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Estrada said:

But Boris said that he had an oven ready deal... Must have left it in his fridge and it got frozen.

Boris was referring to the Withdrawal Agreement. That is done and dusted. This topic is about future trading arrangements. 

Why don't these people just shut their mouths? Are they part of the negotiating team? No. 

UK and EU politicians and ex-politicians are all the same when it comes to this. Big mouth, no information. Let the negotiators get on with it and stop putting pressure on them.  

Each negotiating team has their input, some will be deal breakers, we must accept that. Fishing rights, for one thing, level playing field and freedom of movement, equivalent safety standards are others.

Just shut the <deleted> up and let them do their jobs. They don't need grandstanding idiots from either side gainsaying them. A certain Belgian ex Prime Monster springs to my mind....