Five foreigners test positive in alternative state quarantine

webfact

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Meanwhile, 22 patients have been discharged after full recovery.

Recovery of what? If you're asymptomatic you are not an affected person. You are not a patient. You are a "case". A positive test for genetic material at some point in your life is only just that. No "recovery" is required. 

Edited by Tounge Thaied
Spelling errors
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Will2011 said:

Since when did we stop the entire world for just the flu?

Cigarette smoking kills about 480,000 people per year in the United States alone. I didn't hear anybody say we needed to stop the world because of that.

Bigger the lie, the easier it is for people to believe in it...

The difference is: You are free to take risks with your own health. In most Western countries, you can spread tobacco-based aerosols only in secluded zones ("quarantine spaces"), where others who don´t share your oral fixation for carcinogenous substances will not be affected. Outside your vicinity, they will not continue to spread through the population at exponential speed because only people who choose to stay near you will inhale your smoke. You will not appear symptom-free while you exhale these aerosols because others can see and smell the smoke, so they can opt to give you a wide berth while you act as a spreader of unhealthy particles. 

Agent Orange recently put another propagandist on his Covid taskforce, Scott Atlas, who reportedly favors the "herd immunity" approach. This would mean: 65% of the US population or 250 million would have to get infected, some of them with lasting health damage, and 1.5 - 2.0 million fatalities. Much work to do to get there, after only 6.2m infections and 187,000 casualties. 

8 hours ago, alyx said:

One question springs to mind: is the test compulsory for every person entering the kingdom ?

It would be interesting to know...of course I am not asking about one's thought but one's knowledge

Yes and No is the answer to that. 

Thai’s need a 'Fit to Fly’ certificate before travel on a repatriation flight, but not a Covid-19 test (negative). 

Any non-Thai needs a 'Fit to Fly’ certificate and a Covid-19 PCR test (negative)

After arrival, in state (and alternate state) quarantine both Thai’s and non-Thai’s have to take Covid-19 PCR tests on day 5 and day 12. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, alyx said:

Thanks 

Allow me to rephrase my question in order to be more specific:
Does everyone in quarantine have to be  tested ?

I’m struggling to find a non-sarcastic, non 'W.TF kind of half witted question is that?’ response to your question.... 

Yes.. is the answer, but I can’t help but wonder if you are now going to ask me how I know or if I have an official source for that information !

So... IF ’how do you know?’ or ‘Do you have a source?’ is your next question, I’d like to direct you to the Ministry of Public Health (Tel: +6625901000 / http://moph.go.th).

Ask for Anutin... or for his mate with the white hair.....

And the reason I respond like that? because your questions have already been answered, yet you some how managed to imply an element of disbelief.

2 hours ago, alyx said:
4 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

Yes. 

What is your source ? 

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, xtrnuno41 said:

Bangkok’s alternative state quarantine facility.

Did they check that place? Is covid running around there?

Do they clean everyday, so the place is absolutely free of covid?

This covid thing is more and more becoming a game.

Right! Everyday I read Thaivisa there are reports of so and so many that have covid in the quarantine. Look like everyone in Europe that have covid travels to Thailand. I have not meet anyone nor know anyone with covid in europe. Look like they all have travel to Thailand!? Are this numbers correct or is this just for uphold the covid panic in Thailand?

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Captor said:

Right! Everyday I read Thaivisa there are reports of so and so many that have covid in the quarantine. Look like everyone in Europe that have covid travels to Thailand. I have not meet anyone nor know anyone with covid in europe. Look like they all have travel to Thailand!? Are this numbers correct or is this just for uphold the covid panic in Thailand?

So many???? or 1 a few days ago, and now 5 today....  its not ’so many that have covid in quarantine’, its hardly any.

On the numbers, using UK as an example: 

There are 66.65 million people in the UK.

336,000 registered Covid-19 cases over the past 8 months. 

0.5 % of the population have had Covid-19... 

1 in every 200 people I know in the UK ’statistically’ have Covid-19 - I know 1000’s of people. None I know have (knowingly) had Covid-19.

2 People I know, know someone who has had Covid-19 (2 degrees of separation). 

0.062% of the UK population have reportedly died ‘with’ Covid-19. 

In perspective - 0.93% of the population dies each year anyway (under normal circumstances)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

I’m struggling to find a non-sarcastic, non 'W.TF kind of half witted question is that?’ response to your question.... 

Yes.. is the answer, but I can’t help but wonder if you are now going to ask me how I know or if I have an official source for that information !

So... IF ’how do you know?’ or ‘Do you have a source?’ is your next question, I’d like to direct you to the Ministry of Public Health (Tel: +6625901000 / http://moph.go.th).

Ask for Anutin... or for his mate with the white hair.....

And the reason I respond like that? because your questions have already been answered, yet you some how managed to imply an element of disbelief.

I am glad you refrained from being rude as I did mean to rephrase my question to get a straight answer from those who might have had or might have heard of a different experience. There is no need for you to get on your high horses as I didn't (or I did not mean to) consider any answers, yours included, as fallacious. 

13 hours ago, TSF said:

British friend of mine has been stuck in a middle east country since the lockdown in March. He's married and has kids in Thailand but can't get back due to this covid insurance requirement. I seriously doubt if the 3 Filipino teachers could afford the insurance, or if their school would be willing to pay the cost for them.

Thailand being secretly selective, I doubt they could afford or even get the insurance.

And Philippines as a nation is recently seeing a huge spike in infection rates, yet Thailand is allowing them in because the schools need English teachers as part of their curriculum.

11 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

Insurance is not the biggest issue, there are options covering 100.00usd in case of Covid19 infections for 15.000B/y. The expensive part is ASQ hotel, since the cheapest (30-40k)options tend to be full, you're forced to take those for +60k. And for the repatriation flights, have to

pay double price, since you'll only get a one way ticket for the price of a return.  

So how does a young Philippine teacher, obviously out of work and available have those funds to come to Thailand and teach for minimal money?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, marinediscoking said:

I don't understand how some of these people can afford to return as these are not high income jobs? The cheapest ASQ hotel is 37K and then the expensive covid insurance. Am I missing something?

That's less than 2 months salary for a PI teacher....not that expensive in comparison

16 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

So many???? or 1 a few days ago, and now 5 today....  its not ’so many that have covid in quarantine’, its hardly any.

On the numbers, using UK as an example: 

There are 66.65 million people in the UK.

336,000 registered Covid-19 cases over the past 8 months. 

0.5 % of the population have had Covid-19... 

1 in every 200 people I know in the UK ’statistically’ have Covid-19 - I know 1000’s of people. None I know have (knowingly) had Covid-19.

2 People I know, know someone who has had Covid-19 (2 degrees of separation). 

0.062% of the UK population have reportedly died ‘with’ Covid-19. 

In perspective - 0.93% of the population dies each year anyway (under normal circumstances)

I wonder if Thailand had done the same rate of testing as the UK if they might have gotten similar numbers...

Can we please see confirmation that all the workers in these quarantine facilities are being tested?

https://ourworldindata.org/coronavirus-data-explorer?zoomToSelection=true&time=2020-03-01..latest&country=USA~ITA~GBR~FRA~ESP~SGP~THA~KOR&testsMetric=true&interval=smoothed&perCapita=true&smoothing=7&pickerMetric=total_deaths&pickerSort=desc

graph.png

21 hours ago, mayview said:

1. COVID-19 is an  infection caused by a new coronavirus (called SARS-CoV-2) and flu is caused by infection with influenza viruses (There are two main types of influenza (flu) virus: Types A and B. The influenza A and B viruses that routinely spread in people (human influenza viruses) are responsible for seasonal flu epidemics each year.)

2. "Cigarette smoking kills about 480,000 people per year ... etc." This is a "straw-man argument" and is a logical fallacy.

3. "Bigger the lie, the easier it is for people to believe in it..." a particularly egregious propaganda technique with origins associated with nazi Jewish war conspiracy theory.

Further, 

The majority of those killed by cigarette smoking are the actual smokers, they made a personal choice to smoke, nobody pushed them or demanded that they smoke. 

Covid 19 spreads very easily to folks who didn't make a personal choice to get the virus.

The virus us now so deadly and dangerous...........that most people have no idea they have it, and you need a test to tell you you are sick.

????????????????????????????

This is getting pathetic worldwide now.............Cases are going into the hundreds of millions but hardly anyone is going to hospital now and those dying are over 80 years old anyway,  or very sick to start with before getting a dose of Covid.

This is now madness...........lunatics.   The virus is done,  looks like over 90% of people who get it now have no symptoms or a headache at the very worst.

Roll on the vaccine coming soon..........its not a real vaccine perhaps, just a vaccine for the mind.........stick them with saline water and tell them its all ok now.........get back to normal again......................and then they will................

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, TSF said:

I've heard they have been bringing in migrant workers from the surrounding countries, even thought the borders are still closed. If this is true then it's staggering as you can be absolutely certain these penniless migrant workers who are just a rung or two higher than slaves won't have $100,000 insurance policies, won't have covid certificates and sure as hell won't be paying out their own pockets for 2 weeks quarantine in hotels. 

Correct.

• Like 1