Corruption, conspiracy in ‘Boss’ case: Inquiry report

snoop1130

Have I understood the article correctly? They're going after 10 poorly paid public servants who accepted bribes but there's still no mention of how they're going to get the pup back to Thailand to stand trial?!?!?

Edited by djayz
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

An independent inquiry ordered by PM Prayut Chan-o-cha has concluded that corruption and conspiracy by investigators likely helped Vorayuth "Boss" Yoovidhya escape charges over a fatal hit-and-run crash in 2012.

Oh really? You think so, do you? - Sexual Picard | Make a Meme

• Haha 1

He also pointed to alleged collusion in arranging for a lecturer, from King Mongkut Institute of Technology, to challenge the forensic officer’s estimate of Vorayuth speed at the time of the collision, which was originally calculated to be 177kph, claiming the actual speed was under the 80kph limit. They then pressured the forensic officer to change his testimony.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/official-probe-reveals-conspiracy-to-help-red-bull-heir-evade-justice/

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Personally I think that if you accept a bribe to help someone escape justice or prosecution then the prison sentence or fine should be the same as the sentence that would have been given to the perp if they had been found guilty.

So, suspended sentence and community service all round.

Seriously, I believe that Boss would have received a very light sentence if he had stayed and had his day in court. First offence, pals on the bench, the best lawyers money can buy, big compensation payments to the bereaved, etc - not much chance of a lengthy prison sentence.

No, those convicted of bribary and conspiracy should be given prison sentences that send a shockwave through the criminal justice system.

2 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

What the little scrote should do ( and should've done yrs ago ) is front up and admit to what he did .. to carry on hiding away carries on projecting the bentness of Thai Society .. and it is presented as such in news outside of Thailand that someone with enough influence and dosh can buy their way out of anything .. 

If he had done just that, in the unlikely event that he would actually have gone to gaol, he would have been out after a rather comfortable  two years (apart from the requisite photo op in a khaki pajamas and leg irons!) Instead of which he is just digging himself in deeper.

There is a growing protest movement amongst many young people in this society ( and this old reactionary wishes them the very best), and his sort of behaviour and the way he is treated is one of the focuses.

2 hours ago, colinneil said:

Sorry ..... I do not believe this, corruption !!!!! Good heavens  !!!!!

????

Me either, how could the police, the  judiciary and others even lower their impeccable law enforcing principals to do such a thing - the findings must surely be flawed. 

• Like 1