Thai Finance Minister Predee submits resignation

snoop1130

I think that i know better than Reuters about this news. As Finance Minister Predee Daochai has submitted his resignation because of the appointment government officials, level C 10 (Director-General), the purposed that Mr. Prasong Poonthanet, Permanent Secretary of Finance has signed and proposed to the Cabinet on 30 August 2020.

On the day of the cabinet meeting. the Finance minister want Mr. Waron Saengsanit, Director-General of the Fiscal Policy Office to serve as Director-General of the Excise Department but Mr. Santi Promphat, Deputy Finance Minister did not agree with him. He want Mr. Prapas Kong-ied, the director of the State Enterprise, moved to the Director-General of the Excise Department. So, this is the problems that a newcomer like Mr. Predee, who is not a career politician, would face working in representative government.

Anyway, i recommend you read Thailand news article from ThaiPBSworld.com or NationThailand.com for the correct information.

IMG_20200825103322000000.jpg

Edited by asd
Misspelling
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, asd said:

I think that i know better than Reuters about this news. As Finance Minister Predee Daochai has submitted his resignation because of the appointment government officials, level C 10 (Director-General), the purposed that Mr. Prasong Poonthanet, Permanent Secretary of Finance has signed and proposed to the Cabinet on 30 August 2020.

On the day of the cabinet meeting. the Finance minister want Mr. Waron Saengsanit, Director-General of the Fiscal Policy Office to serve as Director-General of the Excise Department but Mr. Santi Promphat, Deputy Finance Minister did not agree with him. He want Mr. Prapas Kong-ied, the director of the State Enterprise, moved to the Director-General of the Excise Department. So, this is the problems that a newcomer like Mr. Pridi, who is not a career politician, would face working in representative government.

Anyway, i recommend you read Thailand news article from ThaiPBSworld.com or NationThailand.com for the correct information.

IMG_20200825103322000000.jpg

Think I would trust Reuters than that Right Wing News Newbee.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, steven100 said:

I bet london to a brick on that Khun Prayut told him to go.

But only a few days ago he was the PMs new poster boy.

I wonder if he got a rude shock in terms of being told what the situation is rather than have any freedom to decide what the situation is. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, asd said:

On the day of the cabinet meeting. the Finance minister want Mr. Waron Saengsanit, Director-General of the Fiscal Policy Office to serve as Director-General of the Excise Department but Mr. Santi Promphat, Deputy Finance Minister did not agree with him. He want Mr. Prapas Kong-ied, the director of the State Enterprise, moved to the Director-General of the Excise Department. So, this is the problems that a newcomer like Mr. Predee, who is not a career politician, would face working in representative government.

Bangkok Post reports: Mr Predee reportedly wanted Lavaron Sangsnit, director of the Fiscal Policy Office, for the post, but Mr Santi preferred Prapas Kong-Ied, director of the State Enterprise Policy Office.

Today the cabinet appointed Mr Lavaron as chief of the Excise Department, but Mr Predee resigned anyway. So what's the next step...cover our collective <deleted> and say the Co-Pres. of Kasikorn bank is incompetent. His own party stated afterwards, "We’ve always thought he wouldn’t last long because he had no political experiences".

He got his man appointed but still resigned. Go ahead and drink the Kool-Aid, but IMO he resigned because the financial outlook on Thailand is bleak and he's over his head. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

It was not immediately clear why Predee resigned. Thai media said he wanted to quit due to health reasons

Perhaps he saw the "other set of books" that are kept behind close doors and suddenly had a bad case diarrhea... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Some inflammatory and possibly libelous posts have been removed, also removed are personal attacks on another member,  we discuss we do not attack other members.

This behavior will not be tolerated more of it and the attackers will be packing their bags for a holiday.

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

25) No public discussion is allowed with regard to other forum members