Slow start-up

swissie

21 minutes ago, Henryford said:

Chinese rubbish, get rid of it and buy a proper computer, with an SSD.

I guess your an American ?

You do realize that most computer parts are produced in China and asia ? Then they stick an US brand on it and that makes it all better ?

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Henryford said:

Chinese rubbish, get rid of it and buy a proper computer, with an SSD.

... I hear you mate, that was the plan for past summers EU vacation, but only until WuFlu came along, unfortunately.

Don't like the local prices nor the service much, but will also admit very limited experience ...

4 hours ago, jollyhangmon said:

... yep, you sure got a point re the recovery drive, will create another one via the website too; good I kept these old USB sticks & SD cards ...

So I could give that RAM module a try, no danger of breaking anything permanently?

And should I just add it by sticking it into the empty slot (total then 6GB) or better replace the original 2GB module to just have these 4GB ...?

Again thanks 4 your input!

They should work together but the faster RAM will clock down to the frequency of the slower RAM. Not a big deal if it works. 

Inserting the RAM won't do any damage, as long as you don't do any damage in inserting the RAM. 

SSD not yet arrived?

8 hours ago, Eindhoven said:

They should work together but the faster RAM will clock down to the frequency of the slower RAM. Not a big deal if it works. 

Inserting the RAM won't do any damage, as long as you don't do any damage in inserting the RAM. 

SSD not yet arrived?

Added said RAM module, works fine as far as I can tell. 
For reference start-up now barely 4 min instead of close to 6 previously, but way more effect on opening apps & programs including file explorer as well as getting them out from background again (Skype) - over all much faster reaction now.

SSD not yet ordered, had to shovel some money on my (EU) debit card first, rarely need it and in between it's cleaned out before someone else does, but mainly because the interest rate offered is a insult.
Will go for the same brand you recommended but probably 240GB (1,050.-).