Thai Airways opens diner for customers craving in-flights meals

webfact

"... Varangkana said the restaurant, which serves about 2,000 meals per day, was a way to recoup some lost revenue during the coronavirus pandemic, and there are plans to turn other Thai Airways offices into similar dining experiences."

Are they aiming to just get revenue which without a real profit doesn't aid Thai in terms of their bankruptcy / the massive amounts (several hundred Billion Baht) owed to hundreds of creditors both in Thailand and abroad.

So I wonder how the meals are priced? The prices charged should cover costs of raw materials and all production and service costs.

Examples: Are they including a notional rent for the premises in their costing? Are they including the wages and benefits of the chefs, kitchen staff and service staff, the costs of electricity cleaning, etc., or is all of that just being buried within the on-going monthly wages and benefits and broad operational costs of the buildings used by Thai? 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Examples: Are they including a notional rent for the premises in their costing? Are they including the wages and benefits of the chefs, kitchen staff and service staff, the costs of electricity cleaning, etc., or is all of that just being buried within the on-going monthly wages and benefits and broad operational costs of the buildings used by Thai? 

Please don't complicate matters.

There are no notional costs and all available income disappears, erm, somewhere which probably doesn't make it to reporting of the annual compliance certificate.

These jokers are finished.  

• Like 1

Desperation can manifest itself in many ways. Like as a kid I used to lay awake at night worrying that one day I would be old and I would die.  The thought of death brought on despair.  Lack of sleep affected my performance during the day.  I wonder if lack of sleep is the current problem at Thai? ????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HerbyJFlash said:

Thai airways food is bad. That’s why I fly with EVA. 

I think you may find they all take on food from Thai airways kitchen in Bangkok, its not like EVA have their own flight catering set up in BKK.

• Like 1

I recall years ago at Sydney,airport you could go and eat airline food for free at the Qantas crew training centre. You boarded a mock-up plane and the crew practiced serving. it was actually very popular and you had to book ahead, but then again it was free.

5 hours ago, webfact said:

More than 100 diners craving in-flight meals after months of travel restrictions flocked to Thai Airways International Pcl's offices  on Thursday to try a new pop-up restaurant and get a reminder of the forgotten flavours of on-board dining.

I don't want to be the spoiler in the room... but

As were still under an emergency decree shouldn't they be social distancing and using all the rest of the health related paraphernalia?

or is this OK for a state owned bankrupt service?

2020-09-03T123547Z_1_LYNXMPEG8212T_RTROPTP_4_THAI-AIRWAYS-RESCUE-FOOD.JPG.7ecb245df92d8d8cdbf176905dec865c.jpg

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Thai's will be saying they invented that, first in the world

Only the in-house dining part..

I just finished reading a Guardian article about Gate Gourmet in Australia, one of the world's largest airline caterers.

30,000 meals a day/21 airlines usually. Now almost no flights. They are selling frozen meals out of their warehouses (3) for A$2.00 each.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, webfact said:

But diners can still get to meet cabin crew, who greet them in full uniform as they enter the restaurant. 

For the added authentic touch foreigners can experience an IO officer at reception, bring your passport and supporting documents.

Have a nice flight/meal.

1 hour ago, bobbin said:

Only the in-house dining part..

I just finished reading a Guardian article about Gate Gourmet in Australia, one of the world's largest airline caterers.

30,000 meals a day/21 airlines usually. Now almost no flights. They are selling frozen meals out of their warehouses (3) for A$2.00 each.

Nothing exist outside of Thailand