TAT targets Chinese expats in Thailand to boost domestic tourism

rooster59

1 hour ago, holy cow cm said:

It sort of is a bit racist only giving the Chinese a bone, but there is no way I would support or use Commie Jack's Alibaba pay platform or any China or Chinese platform even if it was open to all of us. Not anti Chinese people but I am really anti Chinese government and anyone who supports and backs that government. All for Hong Kong and Taiwan only!

#milkteaalliance. The young are the only ones that can topple CCP and usurpers.

• Like 2

My Thai builder was just telling me about bus-loads of Chinese tourists he's seen arriving at several hotels in Pattaya. He didn't think they were Thai-Chinese, so unless the supreme leader has done something that's not been made public, they must be these "Chinese expats".

Edited by Guderian
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, JonnyF said:

I don’t get why they are ignoring the Indian expat demographic.

There must be at least 100 of them and if they’re all thirsty at the same time that’s 20 cans of coke.

Not to be sniffed at.

Bonus for the Straw industry.lol

• Haha 2

I have no idea whether this is a good move but it is worth trying ( although I am sure these "new" partners get their share)  and it is up to the expats living in Thailand to take this opportunity or not but...

I am surprised that some of the posters think that the Chinese community is small. I have no numbers to back it up, but I am pretty sure that the Chinese (expat) community like the Indian one ( as mentioned by one poster above) are quite big and they should not be neglected. 

This being said, why stopping at this Community and  not target all the expats wherever they come from. I reckon that I would not be part of it as, from what I have seen, discounts are not noticeable and I would rather pay full amount and get perks through my usual channels. 

9 minutes ago, alyx said:

I have no numbers to back it up, but I am pretty sure that the Chinese (expat) community like the Indian one ( as mentioned by one poster above) are quite big and they should not be neglected.

The number of chinese expats eclipses the number of all farang expats combined.

17 hours ago, garyk said:

I must of been running in the wrong circles in Thailand. Met ton's of expats, but I cannot remember one Chinese expat. 

There are at least a dozen Chinese "expat" families many with kids in school on our moo baan alone. Most have "bought" their own homes and settled in Thailand. Some of the schools have more than 30% Chinese students.

There are thousands of Chinese expats in Thailand.