UK PM Johnson appeals to party for support over controversial bill

rooster59

3 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

Yes thats it Nauseus mate. Its not really falling in value is it?

What do these money market speculators know? So called experts. 

Where were they at Agincourt? Or Dunkirk? Or Rorke's Drift?

Yes thats right mate. Brexiteers know the truth. These so called experts dont know anything. Which one of them saw corona coming?

TVF Brexiteers know the truth.

Yes - it fell - how much?

What is your definition of freefall? 

This should be good.

6 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

And you will keep going round that block. Because of Brexit.

I am OK. I dont have a UK state pension. My money comes from elsewhere. So the fall in the pound has been manageable for me.

However there are a lot of guys here living only on their state pension and the actions of you guys voting for Brexit has had a massive impact on them.

You did that. You voted for that.

The hardships those guys face is because of you and the rest of your Brexiteer chums. 

Come January though. It will be you who is hit hard in the pocket. Lets see how well that sits with you. 

I will sit here in the shade. Take a swig of beer and say "Well you get what you vote for".

jeez, one shall hear a lot before the ears fall off,

are you out of wits and knickers today?

seriously suggesting that people who believe that Brexit is the way to go should none the less

vote remain in order to secure more happiness for retirees on state pension in  LoS?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Because of how the eu is structured, i.e. having extremely limited input from the general public, MEP'S given only five minutes per person allowance to debate issues etc., the organisation can freely go its own way with impunity, when deciding to over-ride international treaties, which they have done by the bucket load. There is little accountability within this organisation. This highlights the difference between a democratic set-up, such as the UK. where direct interaction can take place and a Gov. is challenged and held accountable for its actions. Already the eu, decides which international obligations it will honour or jettison. This mode of behaviour will only get worse the the more power they take to themselves, when the organisations ambitions are realised and they declare themselves a superstate/empire. To say we have had a lucky escape is putting it mildly. Whatever is needed to be done to jettison the last remnants of their pernicious hold over our sovereign state needs to be supported one hundred percent by those who believe in our freedom. Check out the eu website to see how many cases the eu has against it for not adhering to international law in the WTO

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

And he believed you? Ye God's, it was a Morris Marina!

Did you break his white stick and kick his dog whilst you were at it!

Just between you and me herfie, I made the story up to make a point, it actually never happened but don't tell the remainers will you.????

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

Nice to be honest.

I assume some will now think you may have done it regularly,

but till this particular one,

never admitted it. 

Don't assume, it's called sarcasm, some remainers can spot it, some remainers don't want to spot it and some remainers will post it in the Guardian. Next time I make a point I'll send a telegram to every remainer to explain my actions.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vogie said:

Don't assume, it's called sarcasm, some remainers can spot it, some remainers don't want to spot it and some remainers will post it in the Guardian. Next time I make a point I'll send a telegram to every remainer to explain my actions.

I personally have problems to discover when sarcasm is used, when the situation recalled appears completely as a possible one.

2 hours ago, 7by7 said:

So breaking an agreement that Boris not only agreed to but presented as a triumph for his government, thus showing that his government cannot be trusted, is good for the UK!

How so?

Breaking an agreement? A minor clarification that is being wildly exaggerated in EU and Remainer mass hysteria for the benefit of the unaware. If the EU wants to make threats and play games with their control of NI imports, then Boris is entitled to drive a coach and horses through the weasel words. 

The result is bound to be good for the UK if it can prise the EU clutches off NI. The real cream on the top of it being good for the UK is when it sticks it right up the Remainers, who only harbour ill intent for the UK.

Edited by Loiner
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, vogie said:

trying to overturn a democratic referendum, and they're still at it 3 years later.????

Pretty sure nobody try to overturn something which is not possible. 

What they seems to do continually, is to affirm it is a complete bad decision. 

I believe the U.K. government will have to prove with concrete facts, starting next year, that not only the Remainers made a bad decision, but also to many Leavers that they made the right decision. 

32 minutes ago, tebee said:

Minor clarification ? you are talking about a bill that lets a minister override any domestic or international law they feel like, without further scrutiny.  

It's our very own Enabling act. 

No it doesn't.

• Confused 1