THAI offers cockpit experience through flight simulator

webfact

THAI offers cockpit experience through flight simulator

By The Nation

800_67443d1c3c414d5.jpg?v=1599997998

Thai Airways International Plc (THAI) is offering a dream flight package in a flight simulator for those interested in enhancing their aviation experience.

Squadron Leader Soradech Namruangsri, THAI executive vice president of operations, said that in order to generate additional income for the organisation when the company is yet to resume normal operations, the airline has provided opportunities for interested people and those who have dreams of flying in the sky on their own to see beautiful views from the perspective of the plane's cockpit.

THAI will offer the special experience in the flight simulator room, he said. The flight simulator room of THAI is accredited to international standards and is the most realistic in Thailand. This facility is normally used for training Thai Airways pilots only, he added.

Interested persons can inquire more details about expenses and booking flight packages in the flight simulator room from THAI FlyEx. Contact via:

Line: https://line.me/R/ti/p/@thaiflyex

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thaiflyex

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30394472

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-09-14

Spent quite some time in flight simulators and it's as close as it gets to flying the real thing. But that also means that whoever is to enjoy this, would likely need to do some reading up on the flight manuals to get the full experience. A total rookie walking in there would be overwhelmed. I think it's a good idea to open this up to the public and I think it will, if priced right, be a good additional revenue and increase interest in flying for teens. But that of course also brings worries because where will the pilots get training now that they have long gaps without flights? You can't just put someone in a real cockpit after 6 months break.

1 hour ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

We keep hearing about these money making schemes but nothing about restructuring, downsizing, satisfying international creditors and how they are going to pay off the THB250 billion debt. 

There is a reason for that.,... it hasn't happened.

• Like 1

They already have a flight simulator at Gateway Ekamai (THB 4550 for 30mins / THB 9550 for 90 mins). 

I wonder if the simulators are similar, or if the Thai Airways one is significantly better. A good option for those really interested in flying or who want to be a pilot. 

But ultimately, how much money is this going to make in the big scheme of things. 

Thailand needs to end its Emergency Decree, Thai Airways needs some serious restructuring, some seriously good flight offers and to start brining people to tourist areas of Thailand. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fvw53 said:

Business is business.

That's why the 9/11 terrorists could learn to fly in the US without questions asked.

probably a little harder these days, to train outside the living room...

AHC: Make A Successful Video Game About 9/11 | alternatehistory.com 

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Grumpy one said:

Just what the up and coming terrorist needs, flight training  :whistling:

THAI has been offering this program for some time. Good experience for someone with some flight flight training background but the fun stuff requires high levels of crew coordination and preparation or else you are just mucking around.  The US requires TSA approval for any alien to undergo aircraft or simulator training as a result of some of the 9/11 murderers having done general aviation flight training in the US. 

but I could go one better... 

- back in 1993 I was headed North on Posting duty to RAAF Butterworth. 

As a side benefit of Rank, I did the journey in style, in 747 Business Class... anyway diversing, but halfway into the 9 hr flight, my TV view screen failed, and I called the hostie over, and reported it, along with a diagnosis of the fault.

she went away, and 10 mins later she comes back... the Captain wants to see me!

So I get up out of my luxury spot, and she leads me upstairs, and forward... 

All the 1st Class passengers were glaring at me the peasant in their domain, but i am sure their expressions dropped, when...

- she opens the cockpit door and I am ushered in to see the Captain   

anyway it soon revealed he was exRAAF, and appreciated my 'assistance' back in Business... we swapped stories... mine being I was headed to take over Radio Technician supervision on the Base

He offered me the comfy Jockey seat back behind between the pilots ???? 

Spent the rest of the flight there, until procedures began for the initial descent into Singapore for our stopover 

THB 200+ billions (not millions) in the red and the best they come up with it "flight simulator packages" - praise the Lord for that. 

But all this makes sense if you see the source; no one less than Squadron Leader Soradech Namruangsri, THAI executive vice president of operations.

My question here would be, what is he squadron leading - if you put a military order taker/executor in charge, then you get such beauties like this tremendous cash generating ideas. He must have had friends at higher court for the posting and this could include some thankful paybacks of favours? 

The airline reflects the rest of the country - just let it go down the pan and start from scratch, with less squadrons and simulators possibly ???? 

30 minutes B777 or A380 for 13,500 baht, which is £337 ($430).

60 minutes ditto on promotion offer costs 17,500 baht only, i.e. £437 ($560)...????

When I showed Europe to my daughter in 2018 we did a B777 one hour flight simulator by Emirates Aviation Experience Center at the London docks – A380 was same price, but I preferred my daughter to experience a "steering wheel" instead of joystick, and we also flew by B777 from Thailand to Europe – the "normal price" was £90 ($115) for one hour, i.e. 3,600 baht, or 1,800 baht per 30 minutes session...

B777-simulator-reservation(w600p1).png.520c1fbb4ceaf149bc5a7162dd0bb28e.png

The London simulators – Emirates has four, two of each – are "flatbed", so yes, a moving bed simulator is more expensive, but the price difference seems fairly high. Anyway, it was great experience – I can warmly recommend to fly a big aircraft yourself under safe conditions – we survived one of the landings; my clever daughter was captain, she might perhaps one day become a real big-airplane pilot...:whistling:

50)wIMG_4670_B777-CPH.jpg.2601da7cc52f31b67f0552d1259d36b4.jpg

Landing in CPH runway 04L.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sydebolle said:

My question here would be, what is he squadron leading - if you put a military order taker/executor in charge, then you get such beauties like this tremendous cash generating ideas. He must have had friends at higher court for the posting and this could include some thankful paybacks of favours? 

I think he is retired, and has been for quite some time. Squadron Leader (equivalent to major) is not a particularly high rank.

That said, he certainly must have had influential friends to get the job of operations boss, and yes, their almost certainly will be an element of payback!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

They already have a flight simulator at Gateway Ekamai (THB 4550 for 30mins / THB 9550 for 90 mins). 

I wonder if the simulators are similar, or if the Thai Airways one is significantly better. A good option for those really interested in flying or who want to be a pilot. 

But ultimately, how much money is this going to make in the big scheme of things. 

Thailand needs to end its Emergency Decree, Thai Airways needs some serious restructuring, some seriously good flight offers and to start brining people to tourist areas of Thailand. 

Just about to post a similar message.  This simulator was part of a global franchise and  the prices are only half what Thai are offering, which appears to be their business model generally.

I'll stand corrected on this. I tried to book at Gateway  and couldn't find a  link any longer. I believe  they are closed due to lack of business (C-19).

The nearest one after that ( again half the price) is in Singapore.  When things return to normal (ish) I'd recommend it to anyone. A great experience, expensive but as an alternative to the well worn Theme Parks , an absolute winner.

back in 1991, I was fortunate to try out our F-111 Capsule Simulator.

Didn't Barrel Roll it, but the white coat engineer inputted a mountainous TFR flight solution to try following... 

I lasted 15 mins, and Crashed into a mountainside. The Engineer was chuckling; admitting he'd done me a Fuel Dumping, that nobody could fly out of. 

But, getting back to Rolls and Bumps - when I 'hit' the Hill, I Pulled the Ejection Handle... and found even the Rocket Boosted Capsule Ejection movement is Simulated perfectly. Stood to reason why the foundation hydraulic lift struts were near 10 feet long... 

542578842_f111CapsuleSimulator.thumb.png.e6dc25de5802ffc99ece086d02d7842c.png