Corruption

20 minutes ago, 473geo said:

I don't know of many business where 'additional work' caused by incompetence of the customer does not carry a charge

20 minutes ago, 473geo said:

I don't know of many business where 'additional work' caused by incompetence of the customer does not carry a charge

You put "additional work" in quotes like I said it, but I didn't.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, glegolo said:

thousands of years with corruption, and you wish to change Thailand...

Good luck....

glegolo

We need to keep bringing it up - maybe the young people trying to change this country will be interested at some point.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Indeed - what exactly was missing from your paperwork that the Immigration Officer would 'turn a blind eye to' for a free?

Could you easily remedy the issue and return with everything in place the next day?

Was the immigration officer making life a lot easier for you so you didn’t have to run around for more required documents etc?

There’s not doubt about it, this is corruption - but in a lot of cases the ‘grey area’ is where the cost is minimal but the solution advantageous to you. 

So far you’ve given no real information other than ‘immigration officer spited a problem and asked for a bribe'

Fill in the gaps... this will also help others who are making extensions to avoid the same mistake.

Have you guys any idea how frequently people who have spent quite a large sum of money for immigration 'processing' all over the world are simply rejected and told start again!!

• Like 2