PM orders Thai authorities to seek Interpol’s help to apprehend Red Bull scion

webfact

4 hours ago, NRGF said:

We all know he will never come to any harm but what about the loss of face, not only to him but the whole family, that would be painful.

I think 'loss of face' is vastly overrated. If you have enough money loss of face is irrelevant, 'Loss of Money' is more relevant in the modern world. 

3 hours ago, Bigz said:

The brown envelopes can't help anymore. The case got too much worldwide media attention..

I am in the UK there is no mention whatsoever of this case in UK media. Perhaps because he was last seen in London he is being protected by his wealthy peers over here. The wealthy Elite are an international group. Corruption and suppression occurs in every state in the world (including the UK) because the wealthy elite live in any state they want to and use their money to protect themselves and their 'friends'.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, RobU said:

I am in the UK there is no mention whatsoever of this case in UK media. Perhaps because he was last seen in London he is being protected by his wealthy peers over here. The wealthy Elite are an international group. Corruption and suppression occurs in every state in the world (including the UK) because the wealthy elite live in any state they want to and use their money to protect themselves and their 'friends'.

Yes, who can forget Pinochet.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, RobU said:

Ditto here in the US.

There have been the occasional stories about Thailand, the protests, the Boss affair, but the idea that it has enraged overseas opinion is laughable.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, colinneil said:

Wow so he has finally woke up, seeking Interpols help should have been done years ago.

It never happened before, because those responsible for doing it were to busy extracting money from the family.

Not at all.  Simply a distraction from current political instability.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Iron Tongue said:

Not at all.  Simply a distraction from current political instability.

Agree. The powers that be feel some stress caused by public uproar already.

They don't need and want the BS created by this little brat anymore. Now, they want to distract and they want to show the public that the rule of law can apply also to wealthy people.

Needless to say, that this can only apply to those who are not members of the almighty number one faction in Thailand. It is helpful, but not sufficient to escape prosecution, if one belongs to another elitist faction.

Neither this Red Bull brat belong to the new number one faction, nor his protector of the last 8 years Prayut (his group is indeed number two only now), nor (to give one more example) someone like Premchai the Panther-eater of Italthai.

As a side note and a little bit off-topic, and to span the circle a even bit wider, also Taksin still leads his own faction, which some still see as number three, even today. But this does not help him much, as we all know. His hassles never had to do anyhing with corruption, as they are all corrupt, but only with power, networking, and the violation of some holy rules within the elite, which he committed.

Edited by Flying Saucage
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, johng said:

They did  but  something went wrong  maybe they sent the request in written in Thai  ?

You are correct, and if my memory serves me well, there were delays because they spent weeks TRYING to translate it to English and I think the quote at the time was ''it is very difficult''.

11 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

I don't know whether Interpol will act in the case of somebody tried "in absentia". I am pretty sure that the UK for example ( or for that matter most western countries) will extradite someone on that basis.

Extradition is by no means a certain matter. The Red Bull family can afford the best of legal teams. The first question his defence will raise is why has the whole business taken so long. The various shenanigans surrounding the case up 'till know will give them plenty to work on. Thailand (the RTP) will have to submit evidence that would convince a court of his guilt, again in the face of stiff legal opposition. 

Para one: I meant will not extradite someone tried "in absentia". I hope that makes more sense.

18 hours ago, bluesofa said:

An interesting last point.

Does that mean that anyone arrested for murder based on a warrant to be tried in a US state which has the death penalty would not succeed?

I don't know about Thailand, but in the UK they will extradite to a country with a death penalty for the offence, ONLY if they receive written and legally binding agreement that the death penalty will not be applied. However, as the death penalty is not relevant in this particular case, I don't see what the issue is. 

On 9/22/2020 at 1:47 PM, Hi Tea said:

Interpol issues the Notices, it's the international police forces that either ignore them or act on them.

Interpol is simply an intelligence gathering and recording body with no enforcement powers. The countries that are signatories simply assist each other by notifying Interpol of those they wish to interview. Interpol issues a Red Notice on receipt of credible information and the national forces try to arrest the subject. When arrested, evidence must be supplied to that country to justify extradition, sometimes quite difficult see Julian Assange etc. So let's hope he is arrested somewhere with a good extradition treaty with Thailand like the UK or US, where he won't be able to buy his way out.

Well this seems to be following the same path as last time.

Lots of hoopla, and no Red Notice, until they just couldn't ignore it. Red Notice issued then quietly withdrawn several weeks later.

I just checked a few minutes ago, and the only Red Notice issued for Thailand was a Vietnamese national, Tran, Van Bac.

This a well trodden lakorn, where you at the first episode you know the plot, struggle through 100 episodes for the conclusion you knew within the first 10 minutes of episode one

• Like 2

On 9/22/2020 at 10:53 AM, webfact said:

the prosecutors in charge of the case have decided to indict the fugitive on charges of reckless driving causing the death of another person and illicit drug use

These charges seem less serious than the implicit corruption that must have been in play to get him out of the country.  If he is arrested and convicted on these charges it would be a miracle, but even then he won't go to jail.  More whitewashing.  The real problem is of course the impunity of wealthy elites from legal recourse when they hurt the powerless poor.