7 days to leave if visa not extended?

Just trying to make plan C & D here. What if they refuse to extend my visa exempt for 30 days (I'm still waiting for embassy letter), will they give you 7 days grace from Sep 26 to get your affairs in order and leave? Will they put the 7 day grace stamp on your passport? Will they still take your 1900B if they don't give you the 30 day extension?

There are reports that Phuket Immigration will be open on Saturday the 26th. Does anyone know if MTT will be open too?

• Like 1

If your visa application is officially denied (you get a stamp in your passport) you will be given 7 days to leave the country. I don't know if this would start then from 27th or the day when you apply, this could also depend on the immigration office. They would keep the 1900THB.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fishtank said:

Perfectly reasonable.

They have given people months to sort themselves out and some have not bothered.

The default expectation, set in part by 6 months of automatic extensions, is that an application for extension will normally be granted.  Therefore, unless someone has been arrested or done something wrong, there's absolutely no reason that someone should expect to be kicked out of Thailand.

Immigration has effectively told people to come and apply for extensions.  If you have all the documents there shouldn't be a problem.  If someone goes in under these circumstances, it is unreasonable to expect that person to also prepare to leave within 7 days.

That would be a bit like a student who has prepared for final exams, takes the exam, and expects to pass and graduate.  But instead, they failed and are kicked out of school.  That's not reasonable.  Reasonable is letting the student remain in school to retake the class and try to pass another exam.

(In the case of Thailand, reasonable would be letting the person stay for 30 days to make arrangements.)

2 hours ago, Phillip9 said:

These flights you are sighting were canceled months ago.  For example, I know there haven't been flights maldives for months and they were all cancelled months ago.  Im pretty sure the same is true for many other destinations you list--bhutan, bangladesh....  There were not 3 flights to the philippines scheduled today.  philippines airline has been flying reliably, but they only have 2-3 flights a month scheduled.  For the japan and hongkong flights--I would bet they were cancelled months ago.

too.

I pulled these flights from here: https://www.bangkokairportonline.com/flight-status-departures/

They show all scheduled flight for the day and whether or not the flight departed on time or was canceled.  I would think that if things were normal (no Covid) then there would be hundreds of flights on that page.

But perhaps the page is wrong.  Can you point me to a better site to track this sort of thing?

Thanks!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

(In the case of Thailand, reasonable would be letting the person stay for 30 days to make arrangements.)

Have to admit I did expect to be able to pay for a one-time 30 day extension before having to leave. The embassy letter made it tricky if you are not automatically given one like US citizens are. The reality is that travel is still very restrictive, it's not so easy to just leave Thailand like it used to be. 

Just now, Fibonaqi said:

Have to admit I did expect to be able to pay for a one-time 30 day extension before having to leave. The embassy letter made it tricky if you are not automatically given one like US citizens are. The reality is that travel is still very restrictive, it's not so easy to just leave Thailand like it used to be. 

It would appear that USA take care of their citizens and other countries don't give a flying F.

• Like 1

Off topic all...

Important question indeed : immigration will agree to stamp 7 days, OR NOT ?

Any report ?

Edit : in my case they refuse to let me apply for normal extension (without letter).

What for anybody who can not apply anything ?

Edited by Sambotte

14 minutes ago, Fibonaqi said:

But possible anyway ...day by day KLM fly Amsterdam and from there connections flights  availble to  World destinations 

Just now, Sambotte said:

In other terms : will they give 7 days to sort out the mess of plane w/without test in 72h, make reservation, etc. etc., or not ?

In normal times you would apply for extension knowing full well that it would be denied and be given 7 days to get out of dodge. No overstay. 

However now with appointment system (at MTT) you would not even get to make application without embassy letter. Meaning you cannot obtain rejection with 7 day to leave. Other IMM offices perhaps possible. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, david555 said:

But possible anyway ...day by day KLM fly Amsterdam and from there connections flights  availble to  World destinations 

Maybe you do not know the situation...

Netherland is under huge increase of cases, like many countries, so it could be locked down without notice.

Connection to another country may require a test within 72h, and in Europe (departure) of course they impose that without the capacity to test too many people... Could take 4-5 days so you are f. u. and have to deal with hotel, ticket change, re-test, etc.

Have to find a test in Bangkok (200$ or more of course) with result let's say in 24h, and plan trip with not too much transit. For example to go to Latin America. And better pray the planes have no delay or cancelation.

If you are stuck in transit for any reason, you could end-up in months of lock down in a country you have nothing to do.

Etc.

Many here do not want to understand but travel is not f. "normal" now !

Maybe not for you david, but for the many messages out of reality here saying "but no problem you can fly". Now it's very tricky, uncertain.

But this is not the topic.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sambotte said:

Maybe you do not know the situation...

Netherland is under huge increase of cases, like many countries, so it could be locked down without notice.

Connection to another country may require a test within 72h, and in Europe (departure) of course they impose that without the capacity to test too many people... Could take 4-5 days so you are f. u. and have to deal with hotel, ticket change, re-test, etc.

Have to find a test in Bangkok (200$ or more of course) with result let's say in 24h, and plan trip with not too much transit. For example to go to Latin America. And better pray the planes have no delay or cancelation.

If you are stuck in transit for any reason, you could end-up in months of lock down in a country you have nothing to do.

Etc.

Many here do not want to understand but travel is not f. "normal" now !

Maybe not for you david, but for the many messages out of reality here saying "but no problem you can fly". Now it's very tricky, uncertain.

But this is not the topic.

My reply is meant to travel to your home country ....wich can not refuse you to enter .....(possible quiarantine ..)

But i understand it must for many seem / look can not fly ....as no wish to fly ....

Understandble .!... but that does not reflect reality for those wishing to fly out Thailand as is possible ,

Maybe some rare country more difficult as example Australia ?

PS: alle your reasons are difficultys . But does not make it by necessity impossible to fly... many "could's"...and "money " in volved ...which is no concern of any immigration to forfil a country rules .... understandble problems ,but not impossibillity's....

Edited by david555

6 hours ago, asiacurious said:

I pulled these flights from here: https://www.bangkokairportonline.com/flight-status-departures/

They show all scheduled flight for the day and whether or not the flight departed on time or was canceled.  I would think that if things were normal (no Covid) then there would be hundreds of flights on that page.

But perhaps the page is wrong.  Can you point me to a better site to track this sort of thing?

Thanks!

What you want to do is start trolling flightaware.com The basic access is free and the tracking data is based on actual filed flight plans and datalinks from ACTIVE flights and aircraft (ADS-B, etc.) 

This is the FIDS display from Narita Airport terminal on Sept 9.

These "cancelled" flights, well they had no chance of operating due to covid-19, everyone knew for weeks.

I have no idea why they still display on flight information data system.

The departure terminal was empty except a few people milling about for the Etihad and Ethiopian departures.

I was operating a cargo only non scheduled flight even though we departed from the passenger terminal.

the flight was  not displayed on FIDS. 

The airports of Thailand site AOT information is not very accurate from what I have seen.

Thai Airspace has never closed. Cargo flights, repatriation flights, aid flights, other government 

approved flights, and scheduled flights without deplaning foreign passengers have been operating for the duration of the covid-19 crisis. Scheduled Cargo Flights by the likes of Fedex, UPS, DHL, Air China Cargo, etc.

have absolutely nothing to do with any delays or restrictions people have experienced with "Mail" service. 

IMG_4096.jpg

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Adam219 said:

Most I found were with finnair, via helsinki, to Austria, Germany and Italy. Austria is a no-go, they dont accept visitors from Thailand when I checked. Same for germany. I cant remember about Italy. Helsinki/Finland is also a no-go.

There arent many options. But, there are many flights to the UK!

Thailand is considered as safe by Finland so can come without covid restrictions

12 hours ago, asiacurious said:

Today there are/were 40 international flights departing Bangkok.  So far 4 of them were canceled and about 1/2 are yet to depart.  These are the destinations:

Information from this website has been proven to be inaccurate.

There have been and are, many many many departing flights available.

You could go to the airport (SBIA/BKK) today (now) and fly out to one of a hundred destinations, within the next 18 hours.

Yes, there are some challenges, like a few airlines require a PCR test, and some destinations remain unreachable. But many could travel to a third country and wait things out legally there?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, tabbycat said:

It depends on your I/O. In Bangkok, they have document checkers outside who thoroughly go through your docs to make sure everything is in order before you're even let into the room where you wait to pay up & get your stamp - hence they would only let you in once they ensure you have all the docs for a proper, successful 30-day extension. So no, I highly doubt it (talking about BKK specifically, from personal experience at MTT yesterday).

Afaik there is no document to apply for the '7 days to exit the Country'.  Because that 7-day period is provided to those that are unable to meet the regular extension requirements, and thus have to leave the country and the 7-day period allowing them to organize for their leave.

So you would need to apply (and pay) for a regular extension, even though you know you cannot meet the requirements.  Telling the 'document checkers' outside the IO that that is your intention, they would have to let you in (otherwise it would be impossible to get hold of such 7-day period).

It's also logical that there are not yet any reports on people making use of that option, as everybody is still covered by the Amnesty and would normally wait till very last day (Saturday 26 Sept, and therefor Monday 28 Sept) to apply for it, in order not to lose any days (as IO can also provide a shorter period than 7 days, if they think it appropriate).

• Like 1