Trump's condition improving, received steroid in COVID-19 treatment, could leave hospital Monday, doctors say

webfact

11 minutes ago, polpott said:

Front row, directly in front of Sen. Mike Lee and not wearing a mask.......Mike Pence.

trump with his photo-ops and stunts is seemingly trying to cover up an infection more severe than admitted.  pence has taken no precautions, was in the middle of the covid cloud all week, so just a matter of time before he tests positive.  i bet nancy is following protocol to the letter these days.

Order of Presidential Succession
  • Vice President.
  • Speaker of the House.
  • President Pro Tempore of the Senate.
  • Secretary of State.
  • Secretary of the Treasury.
  • Secretary of Defense.
  • Attorney General.
  • Secretary of the Interior.

Edited by ChouDoufu

28 minutes ago, b17 said:

Except, the risk of transmission of Covid19 inside the Presidential SUV is off the charts, as it is sealed against chemical attack. The irresponsibility of this so called President is astonishing, and to put lives at risk for a bit of political theatre...come on, lets get real. The guy is a dangerous psychopath, and those agents now have to quarantine for 14 days, just to support this stupid attempt at macho behaviour. Nonsense, I say. 

The vehicle is ventilated.  ????????????

• Sad 1

The old idea of keeping patients resting has long been abandoned in favour of getting the muscular general stature back to normal as soon as possible. Obviously that is for the cases that are able to do so. Even in old age, to much resting can be detrimental. So I think that in Pres Trumps case this is just normal therapy. Obviously with contagious disease there are other issues to consider and I would have thought the military doctors would have debated the situation carefully. I doubt that Pres Trump would have done otherwise if the doctors had protested and I would trust them to ensure appropriate procedures.

On the other side, I am not sure the OP reflects VP Biden's stance properly, almost as if what he apparently said was mutually exclusive. Wishing Pres. Trump and family well is in no way connected to a political stance on how the pandemic was/ was not handled. I'm sure any other politician would have done the same.

As for polls, I don't attach much credence to them having had statistical experience with them years ago. They are a kind of double edge sword where the apparent leader can be given a morale boost but by the same token it could provide a stimulus for the opponent to do more which could lead to a gain.

• Confused 1

Since Donald can go for joy rides, he should be able to make it for the Presidential debate next Thursday (Oct 15), right? There should be no reason to cancel the debate. They can hold it virtually if needed. Kennedy and Nixon were in different cities in their third TV debate in 1960. I would think that with current video conferencing it would be even easier now to have a virtual debate between Biden and Donald.

It will be interesting to see if there will be two more presidential debates or not. Seems Donald is recovering Bigly and should be healthy enough to debate.

• Like 1

Just now, Silurian said:

Since Donald can go for joy rides, he should be able to make it for the Presidential debate next Thursday (Oct 15), right? There should be no reason to cancel the debate. They can hold it virtually if needed. Kennedy and Nixon were in different cities in their third TV debate in 1960. I would think that with current video conferencing it would be even easier now to have a virtual debate between Biden and Donald.

It will be interesting to see if there will be two more presidential debates or not. Seems Donald is recovering Bigly and should be healthy enough to debate.

With a break every 30mn during the debate

• Like 1