Thailand begins piloting first month of foreign visitor arrivals

webfact

4 hours ago, visarunner said:

They should give priority to holder of retirement visa or extension too. I have friends in Europe and they are more than unhappy with the response from Thai Embassies. 

They should be contacting their own governments on why they're continuing to fail in getting this virus under control in their own lands. Why would Thailand expose itself to their blatant incompetence by allowing westerners to come here and spread disease far and wide?

• Sad 2

50 minutes ago, crickets said:

Who would want to go on a holiday and spend the first 14 days in a hotel quarantine? 

Holiday, no.  But a lot of older Scandi's spend 6-7 months here to get away from their winter.  For them it might be worth it.  However, they come from societies with a lot of personal freedom, I can't see them jumping through the hoops needed to get here, or putting up with the monitoring talked about.

"Ordinary" tourists are at least 6 months away, possibly 9.  By this time next year I see things being open again, though how much of the tourist base is gone forever is anyone's guess.  I'm not knocking the Thai authorities in this, IMO, they've done a great job of keeping the virus out, I feel much safer here than friends and relatives do in the UK.

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

This administration could be described as both saboteurs of an industry and sadists towards their people.

They care only about their self enrichment. They don't care about the industry, they don't care about the people, they even don't care about the "nation" despite claiming this again and again. The generals in the government are no patriots. They are selfish thiefs. It's their supply chain of bribes and watches which they work for. 

• Like 2

According to an article 2-3 days ago it wasn't possible to apply for the STV in China. There were no such Visa at the Thai embassy in Beijing. So how did these 120-150 (the number depends on newspaper/website) so called tourists get their Visa incl the documents and tests needed, if they are/were supposed to enter October 8 and the STV was officially announced in Thailand October 4?? The website thought maybe they are invited. They might be right. 

• Haha 1

If the Chinese come, they will all be business men coming to buy, buy buy. Bars, restaurants, properties and hotels owned by China. Look what has happened to Laos since the Chinese invasion.

China has caused a worldwide pandeimic yet The Kingdom wants them here.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, crickets said:

Who would want to go on a holiday and spend the first 14 days in a hotel quarantine? 

Don't forget the return part, the Chinese need to spend 14 days in state quarantine when they return to China.

I have a feeling it won't be a resort style location back in China, more like an Alcatraz style place

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Grumpy John said:

Yesterday the word was they aren't coming because of a SNAFU, but today they are!  Is that a flip or a flop??? ????

Maybe they could make this the STV theme song:

Flip, flop and fly
I don't care if I die
Flip, flop and fly
I don't care if I die

Big Joe Turner, 1955

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, condo62 said:

Er....thanks but no thanks.....pay to be locked in an overpriced prison for 2 weeks.....why not test before and after you arrive if your negative what's the need for quarantine at all......governments finding an unnecessary way to rip you off....I will pass on this one.

Maybe because after you get exposed to the Virus it might take up to 14 days before you can test positive...

Edited by Eaglekott
Spelling correction

Well tomorrow is supposedly when these chinese will enter, I wonder if they might have a marching band to welcome them back?, there will be a hoard of reporters with flashing cameras?, the pm might even be there to shake their hands with a mechanical arm, and ofcourse the smiling io's gleaming from behind their face masks hehe!.

and still no actual list on what they regard as low risk countries.  cuz as far as im concerned every country is low risk.  

anyone on here know the score on cambodia as im done with thailand now. is cambodia still shut?  or vietnam?