Study shows Fah Talai Jone may kill Covid-19, but can offer no protection

webfact

15 hours ago, ukrules said:

I will note that most patients get better within a few days with or without any treatment.

I would like to see the definition of 'patient' here as well, just how ill were these 'patients'?

We all know someone testing positive with zero symptoms in Thailand is a medical emergency that can require long stays in hospital even if there are never any symptoms. This is why you must get the special Thai insurance before entering the country.

Infected people get a lot worse after the first 4 or 5 days and not better after 3, unless their family name is Trump!

Edited by pacovl46
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

I have this plant growing in my garden (as a weed). My wife says that for various illnesses (including dengue fever) the doctor has recommended that she chew on a few leaves of the plant, she says that the length of an illness for which it had been recommended was very much reduced, in particular dengue fever symptoms were significantly reduced however the leaves are extremely bitter and requires a large amount of will power just to eat two leaves.

This is one of the most researched ayurdavedic herbs in the market. It has been proven to kill or reduce bacteria, virus, fungus and parasites without any side effects. It has been used in India for hundreds of years and is also grown and used in Thailand.

At the beginning of covid 19 the government here recommended that everyone use this herb with the result that it immediately sold out in Thailand and was gone for 2 weeks. Maybe that have something to do with the low number of deaths here in Thailand ?

Now it's available in most pharmacies and herb shops for just over 100Baht for a 2 weeks supply.

Yet another Thai 'cure' which will disappear from the headlines in due course.

As someone once said........humans have tried everything as a treatment for ailments.....all the stuff that worked we now called medicine.....all the rest that didn't work is still called homeopathy.

Edited by Surelynot
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, samsensam said:

results on patients from hospitals in three cities isn't exactly the most extensive clinical trail...

Your start somewhere in the small – like many big companies started in a garage – and if it's successful then you expand to a larger scale; this is a start...????

21 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

I am not knocking it, I would like to see the complete "study" and trial data which could prove the claim to be correct, otherwise this is just anecdotal 

Fair position but given that the announcement is only of tentative but promising indications there is probably insufficient data yet to make absolute claim of  proof. As an unrestricted herb and if of some benefit even for things lesser than  C-19 there is no  harm in the information as stands anecdotal or not.

Timely. I became quite ill on Wednesday evening, with headache, fever, and nausea. No sore throat. I don't know what the problem actually was. With fever mounting continuously, by yesterday afternoon I remembered I had bought a bottle of Fah ta lai Jone capsules right before the lockdown. Took four of them after dinner and in less than 90 minutes the fever seemed to break. Took three more at bedtime last night. Woke up and no fever. Coincidence. Could be. Might be just having worked through the illness, whatever it was. Don't care. Next time, I'll take at the first sign of fever.

• Like 1