Krabi: Tourist's little boy attacked by pack of stray dogs at Ao Nang

rooster59

Krabi: Tourist's little boy attacked by pack of stray dogs at Ao Nang

dog1.JPG

Image: 77kaoded

Thai media reported that a four year old boy was attacked on Klong Haeng beach, Ao Nang, by a pack of stray dogs. 

Little Attachai was with his mum and siblings enjoying a morning out on the sands.

Two dogs - park of a pack of four - went for him. As he tried to run off they seriously injured his legs.

dog2.JPG

Image: 77kaoded

They even attempted to drag him off before help arrived in the shape of a hotel gardener who assisted the mother.

The boy was taken to hospital. 

Rescue staff said it was the first attack in the area this year after a foreign boy was attacked last year.

Victims of dog attacks are usually children, they said.

Calls for the local authority to act were also made.

Source: 77kaoded

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-10-24

• Sad 8

Fight fire with fire, we have a very well behaved group of dogs in our soi, they know us all and react violently and protectively if any strange dogs appear. They also seem to get on well with the local feral cat population. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

And yet again in the hot spot area of Ao Nang. What is it, sweep it under the carpet and hope it doesn't happen again? Just last night I had a dog run at my motorcycle. Unfortunately it jumped backwards from my kick. And this same dog did the same thing in daylight last week. I would not hesitate to smash one of their little doggie heads in.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sweatalot said:

you're totally over. You and some others are beyond sarcasm. Yes, those strays should be taken away. And those who attacked people should be culled immidiately. The owner (or past owner) has to be found and made to pay and be punished. And after there are no more strays left - every new stray should be arrested and the owner found and let him pay for the food and have a heavy punishment

Do you know the meaning of the word SARCASTIC, which I hope Freigeist was being.

2 hours ago, sweatalot said:
3 hours ago, Freigeist365 said:

Time to Call Soi Dog Foundation! I am quite sure the poor doggies have been completely traumatised by this terrible incident and perhaps need some councelling, extra food and quality dog care time... It's a crazy world we live in...

you're totally over. You and some others are beyond sarcasm. Yes, those strays should be taken away. And those who attacked people should be culled immidiately. The owner (or past owner) has to be found and made to pay and be punished. And after there are no more strays left - every new stray should be arrested and the owner found and let him pay for the food and have a heavy punishment

Here. Let me scratch you behind your ears.

52 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Great idea - but in reality, hungry Thais will be climbing over their neighbours fences to kill their dog to get the bounty on it

Oh, excellent...and many Thais will look at their own dogs and wonder why they let 400 easy baht walk around, bark and <deleted> everywhere

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Calls for the local authority to act were also made.

Lets hope they do something more definite than they did last year... any other country the local council would have a law suit in the post with a considerable compensation package attached, here such attacks are ignored.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, steven100 said:

absolutely agree. They need culling to zero. That poor boy is lucky he wasn't killed if dragged away ...

We often differ on views which is fine, different opinions are a democratic way to find the right path, what is needed is for all strays to be terminated.

For once we are in full agreement.

• Like 2