Immigration Police Home Visits

Never experienced monthly or weekly visits, but when I apply for my extension of visa based on marriage an immigration officer visits us at our home and takes pictures of us around the house and out front with us pointing at the house number sign. This is in spite of the fact that I submitted the same photos with my extension application. This all

started about three years back.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

38 minutes ago, ukrules said:

There's something very wrong here, did your friend get his yearly extension already and the visits continue or are they still deciding whether to issue the yearly extension?

It sounds to me like they think he's lying and they want to catch him out but I guess that depends on whether he has the extension already.

He already has his extension

17 hours ago, spiekerjozef said:

Soon it will be daily. lol

All you do is tell them to make an appointment, then give them one for about three weeks on, then repeat and repeat. You may be living in their country, but you are still a human being and should expect to be treated like one, and not a criminal.

• Like 2

Although my wife and I have our registered address as her home village, we never 'live' there as we travel around either...... hotels or renting..........I take it this is allowed.... it is the hotel or landlord's responsibility to complete a TM30????

18 hours ago, prakhonchai nick said:

As a PR holder, I am not involved with extensions, but have today been asked by a friend whether I am aware of the rules re home visits from Immigration.

He has told me that in the past he was visited once a year by Immigration and had a photo taken with his wife.. More recently these visits became monthly, and are now weekly!!!!!!!!

Does anyone have any knowledge of this. reasons why etc?

my best guess is that he pays them something every time they come?

just stop giving them anything and they won't come back

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, tgw said:

my best guess is that he pays them something every time they come?

just stop giving them anything and they won't come back

Tell them it's a big problem getting your pension for the next 4 months because of Covid in the offices back home.

19 hours ago, Bangyai said:

Are these visits in the morning or afternoon or weekends ? 

I will be getting my first very soon and need time to train up our 4 dogs to go for anything wearing a light brown uniform.

You had better retrain them as Immigration don’t wear the light brown uniform.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

The only visit I ever had was for the very first extension and never had another one even for the renewals.

Something doesn't sound right about this story.

While I am the same as you in the number of visits, our experience is no guide to someone else’s.

20 hours ago, Donekys said:

Never experienced monthly or weekly visits, but when I apply for my extension of visa based on marriage an immigration officer visits us at our home and takes pictures of us around the house and out front with us pointing at the house number sign. This is in spite of the fact that I submitted the same photos with my extension application. This all

started about three years back.

Same here, but 3 yrs back i was on retirement and they still came now marriage, Trat come retire or marriage. not heard of anyone getting more than one visit a year though.

• Like 1