U.S. election betting odds tighten but still favour Trump over Biden

webfact

5 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

should each of the two candidates end up with 50% of the electors,

what would be the formal process to follow in order to end up with a president elect and new president?

Number of States won I believe ...

2 minutes ago, Jack Mountain said:

OK, thanks,

I had maybe hoped for something better

without thinking detailed about such a scenario I would guess that turning

from counting # electors to counting # states has the potential of having a president

with a mandate based on a result further from popular vote than "normal"

6 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

OK, thanks,

I had maybe hoped for something better

without thinking detailed about such a scenario I would guess that turning

from counting # electors to counting # states has the potential of having a president

with a mandate based on a result further from popular vote than "normal"

Looks like it's more complicated.

https://www.thoughtco.com/when-presidential-election-is-a-tie-3322063

1 minute ago, PattayaJames said:

Thanks, at least they did quote him correctly. Despite still misrepresenting what he said.

They may have quoted him correctly (I don't know) but they are playing fast and loose paraphrasing.

Apparently he mentioned the Supreme Court and said they wanted the voting to stop in the same speech so of course that means he's going to the Supreme Court to stop voting.

The Don is trying to safeguard the US to remain as a sovereign nation  - much in line with how the UK knew it had to break away from the EU. The Identity of any nation should remain in the hands of its own peoples, and not end up being puppet string controlled by what that Great Reset aims to end up doing...  

I see the Don is currently on 213 vs the other fella on 238

- for the rest of the western world is sitting on the edge of their seats - hinging most of their own futures upon a result here

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Let the democratic system has it's way first.

And all those, who call "fraude" ? What did YOU do to prevent that ? You were at the counting station  to see ?

In Netherlands, every citizen is allowed to be present there ( but close to nobody shows up, as we know how correct all is there). Here it is NOT the 'so-called US Democracy". Also, here, we respect each other whether we agree or even detest the ideas of the other ( as long as.. under Dutch constitution, set up in 1848, and in 1983 a re-writing in accordance with the present style.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PattayaJames said:

Thanks, at least they did quote him correctly. Despite still misrepresenting what he said.

What, exactly, was 'misrepresented', in your opinion?

1 hour ago, Yellowtail said:

Did you actually read it? 

Yes.

:coffee1:

2 hours ago, soalbundy said:

how? at the moment Biden is ahead in the presidential, the senate and the house votes.

You might want to check your facts. The Senate appears to be remaining in the Republicans hands, and the Democrats lost quite a few seats in the House.  Ouch thats gotta hurt as I do not think the polls were ever right or, the Democrats were just oblivious to what was really occurring as well as the MSM.  Even Fox news was reporting that Polls are going to need to undergo some major social reorganization in order to be close in the future. Then as far as the electoral college it appears Trump has remained quite alive for a second term, lots of uncounted votes would have to be all Democrats for Biden to pull it off. Again the Democrats will cry that Biden had the popular vote and still lost is what i see on the horizon.

Screenshot_20201104-175257_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20201104-175751_Chrome.jpg

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, puipuitom said:

Let the democratic system has it's way first.

And all those, who call "fraude" ? What did YOU do to prevent that ? You were at the counting station  to see ?

In Netherlands, every citizen is allowed to be present there ( but close to nobody shows up, as we know how correct all is there). Here it is NOT the 'so-called US Democracy". Also, here, we respect each other whether we agree or even detest the ideas of the other ( as long as.. under Dutch constitution, set up in 1848, and in 1983 a re-writing in accordance with the present style.

Yes but the Dutch are more "civilized" people than the average ... no I'm not kidding, I at least have the right to think so????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Morch said:

What, exactly, was 'misrepresented', in your opinion?

Well the headline for a start: Trump says he'll go to Supreme Court to stop votes from being counted.

While their own quotes show he never said this:  "We want all voting to stop. We don’t want them to find any ballots at four o’clock in the morning and add them to the list."

“We are up BIG, but they are trying to STEAL the Election. We will never let them do it. Votes cannot be cast after the Polls are closed!” Trump tweeted shortly after Biden’s remarks. His tweet was later labeled by Twitter as containing misleading content.

• Like 2

So tell me.

Assuming biden gets wisconsin as he leads and only detroit votes to be counted which is dem.

Biden only needs either michigan or PA or NC to win. But trump needs all of them.

Is that correct?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PattayaJames said:

Well the headline for a start: Trump says he'll go to Supreme Court to stop votes from being counted.

While their own quotes show he never said this:  "We want all voting to stop. We don’t want them to find any ballots at four o’clock in the morning and add them to the list."

“We are up BIG, but they are trying to STEAL the Election. We will never let them do it. Votes cannot be cast after the Polls are closed!” Trump tweeted shortly after Biden’s remarks. His tweet was later labeled by Twitter as containing misleading content.

Because being a law and order guy he should know some states allow votes to be counted if they are post marked by election day. So they may be received after election day but in fact hey are actually votes in time.

Using trumps analogy, Biden should claim victory because as it stands at the end of the election day biden has won.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sujo said:

Biden should claim victory because as it stands at the end of the election day biden has won.

Has Biden obtained the 270 electoral college votes.  Based upon the way the Republicans are looking at it the States that have yet to be called are being carried by Trump except for Wi as of this point in Time.  To Use Trumps analogy with those states being his by the vote he should have the electoral college votes and that would put him over 270.  This will not be figured out for some days to come and just like the Bush/Gore election 20 years ago it will end up in the courts.

18 minutes ago, PattayaJames said:

The law in my Republican majority state allows mailed ballots to be received by election officials by 7 pm Tuesday, OR by 5 pm Wednesday if the ballot is postmarked by the close of Tuesday. That's for domestic votes.

For overseas and expat origin votes, in my state, they can be legally counted if they're received by the election authorities 5-6 days after the election.

2 hours ago, Jack Mountain said:
2 hours ago, melvinmelvin said:

should each of the two candidates end up with 50% of the electors,

what would be the formal process to follow in order to end up with a president elect and new president?

So in short, popular vote is just a waste of time in the US elections

3 minutes ago, onthedarkside said:

The law in my Republican majority state allows mailed ballots to be received by election officials by 7 pm Tuesday, OR by 5 pm Wednesday if the ballot is postmarked by the close of Tuesday. That's for domestic votes.

For overseas and expat origin votes, in my state, they can be legally counted if they're received by the election authorities 5-6 days after the election.

I think the  POTUS is strongly suggesting    "STOP COUNTING THE BALLOTS".

• Like 1